UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

thanks OLDYELLR!

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a nextbox the one that only allows you to record one show and watch another, but when they "upgraded" ( in my opinion it was a downgrade not an upgrade) the guide and the pvr I've had nothing but trouble and I want the old pvr and guide back.Here's what I've experianced so far.

I often record shows in their own time instead of choosing the record everything becasue channels repeat so you get repeat recordings. This new pvr system now makes a folder for each time for example your recoding a show at 2 oclock  and then the same show is on at 2:30 that your also recording, you will end up getting 2 folders instead of 1 and each folder will have one show, instead of like before when all the shows no matter the time would go into thier respectful folders.

When deleting,canceling or scheduling the system is really really slow and will at times even freeze forcing you to unplug and reboot. I currently wish there was a way to simply reset it and start from scratch, but this wouldn't solve all of the problems this new format has. For example when scrolling through your many many recording folders becasue remember there is a folder for every show of the same name in their repective timelsots you can only scroll down 4 or 5 lines before the system restarts you at the top. I suspect that this is due to it being so slow. I can't even get to some of my recordings without deleting the top lines to get to them and that takes forever.

I am so frusterated that I am thinking of canceling cable all together and just using internet.

I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

ABCSH 58 "To Be Announced". Not Navigatr.

HI @molly222 and @OLDYELLR

Same here. Its the guide thats mucked up.

if you can find another guide online, maybe you can manually record at those times.

see: http://www.abcspark.ca/

I'm an Advisor

@Gate420 wrote:

I have a nextbox the one that only allows you to record one show and watch another, but when they "upgraded" ( in my opinion it was a downgrade not an upgrade) the guide and the pvr I've had nothing but trouble and I want the old pvr and guide back.Here's what I've experianced so far.

I often record shows in their own time instead of choosing the record everything becasue channels repeat so you get repeat recordings. This new pvr system now makes a folder for each time for example your recoding a show at 2 oclock  and then the same show is on at 2:30 that your also recording, you will end up getting 2 folders instead of 1 and each folder will have one show, instead of like before when all the shows no matter the time would go into thier respectful folders.

When deleting,canceling or scheduling the system is really really slow and will at times even freeze forcing you to unplug and reboot. I currently wish there was a way to simply reset it and start from scratch, but this wouldn't solve all of the problems this new format has. For example when scrolling through your many many recording folders becasue remember there is a folder for every show of the same name in their repective timelsots you can only scroll down 4 or 5 lines before the system restarts you at the top. I suspect that this is due to it being so slow. I can't even get to some of my recordings without deleting the top lines to get to them and that takes forever.

I am so frusterated that I am thinking of canceling cable all together and just using internet.

Yet another example of why fixing things that are not broken is NOT a good idea !

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Gate420

Don't know what model you have but you need a better one. Also, what does "he one that only allows you to record one show and watch another" mean? My 9865HD allows that and permits 8 shows to be recorded while watching something else

I Plan to Stick Around

@park wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

ABCSH 58 "To Be Announced". Not Navigatr.

HI @molly222 and @OLDYELLR

Same here. Its the guide thats mucked up.

if you can find another guide online, maybe you can manually record at those times.

see: http://www.abcspark.ca/

That won't work. I had the same problem as Molly except that I was watching the movie and wanted to recorded because I wasn't going to be there for the end. I tried the record while I was watching. I tried going to the guide and recording, but it wouldn't because it had 'no information'. They took away the option to set the recording manually (set the date, time, the channel). Again I have to ask: How is this an improvement?

I Plan to Stick Around

@molly222 wrote:

Anybody else not getting any info in the guide for ABC Spark (I get it on ch.58)?  I reported it 2 days ago and just got my regular "still working on it" automated Rogers response.  Before I spend 40 minutes on hold AGAIN, I'm wondering if this is isolated or not.  Can't tape my kids favourite shows until it's fixed Smiley Embarassed

Molly:

In Scarborough, ABC Spark is on channel 53. And you are not alone. My guide shows 'no information' also. @park had a suggestion to set the PVR to record manually. But that is another feature they took away with this NAVIGATR.

I'm an Advisor

Agree. Navi has removed many useful features or hidden them so even Rogers does not know where they are.

e.g. Please see the recent posts on how to turn CC on/off without having to go back to live TV.

Starting on the last couple posts on page 17 of that thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/page/17...

However to manually record:

(Right: You gotta be around to push the buttons..maybe @57 knows how to use a computer to access your PVR.)

1. Get on the channel you wish to record.

2. PUSH THE RED (REC) BUTTON.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@CC wrote:

@molly222 wrote:

Anybody else not getting any info in the guide for ABC Spark (I get it on ch.58)?  I reported it 2 days ago and just got my regular "still working on it" automated Rogers response.  Before I spend 40 minutes on hold AGAIN, I'm wondering if this is isolated or not.  Can't tape my kids favourite shows until it's fixed Smiley Embarassed

Molly:

In Scarborough, ABC Spark is on channel 53. And you are not alone. My guide shows 'no information' also. @park had a suggestion to set the PVR to record manually. But that is another feature they took away with this NAVIGATR.

Oops, I see ABC Spark is 59 not 58 for me (58 is Food Channel). But it still shows To Be Announced in the Rogers Guide.  Zap2it shows programming. Must be the Rogers schedule provider. The crazy thing is, even if you see a show you's like to record, you can't. Even the Manage PVR grid just shows "Loading" for that channel.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

@park wrote:

Agree. Navi has removed many useful features or hidden them so even Rogers does not know where they are.

e.g. Please see the recent posts on how to turn CC on/off without having to go back to live TV.

Starting on the last couple posts on page 17 of that thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/page/17...

However to manually record:

(Right: You gotta be around to push the buttons..maybe @57 knows how to use a computer to access your PVR.)

1. Get on the channel you wish to record.

2. PUSH THE RED (REC) BUTTON.

The issue is that if the guide says "No Information" then pressing the red button manually does not work.

I've tested that.  I can get it to record manually on channels where the guide supplies information.  But not the ones that don't.

It was frustrating for me, because I was trying to record something on TLNHD.  That was filled with "No Information".  Couldn't pre-program a recording using the guide.  Couldn't pre-program a recording manually since the functionality seems to have been removed.  Couldn't record manually when watching live by pressing the red button.  I think it was giving error messages like "Duplicate recording" when attempting to pre-program.  And it just did nothing when I hit the red button while watching the channel live.

However, TLNW (the time-shifted non-HD channel) had all the programming info.  Eventually I recorded on that station - although obviously I was disappointed to get the standard def feed.

As an aside, because they had the TLNW programming info, I feel pretty confident that Rogers had the information to populate the guide.  They just made a mistake, and didn't correct it for more than a week.