UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Lurker wrote:

@Cush wrote:

Too frustrating to go into all the issues today.  Slow, slow, slow, and jumping all over the place when I push a button, especially the red record button,

so, I am trying to do a reboot. 

That used to be done through Troubleshooting, but today when I finally found Troubleshooting which wasn't easy because the system is slow, slow, slow to respond to any button pushed, pushing Trobleshooting (once) (after many trys) took me to a screen with no reboot options.

Does anyone have a quick box reboot key?  Not a factory reboot, but a box reboot? 

Maybe they've moved reboot somewhere I haven't discovered yet?

Edit: Trying removing the power and will replug the box in a few minutes.  Seems to me that used to trigger a reboot.  We'll see.

2nd Edit: That has triggered a reboot.

3rd Edit: Yes, that did trigger a box reboot. 

Its in the same place it was under RTN.....Troubleshooting->Diagnostics

mfait and lurker,

Not today.  Not on my box.  I have used it often.  Even used it a couple of times since Navigatr was uploaded to us, but not today.  Cannot describe how frustrating this whole thing is.

For anyone caught like I was - you can cause a box reboot by unplugging your box for a few minutes and then re-plugging.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm sure rogers is well aware of the problems and working on it. They are loosing millions because no one can order any thing from the on demand services. on affected boxes of course.

Steve
Highlighted

I kind of agree on the toughing out. They want the nebox 3 to disappear and make room for the 4K PVR this spring. You will get a deal on the 4K if you turn in your NB3 yada yada. Im sure they 4k pvr will be perfect with the Navigator software. hahahahahahaha.

Steve
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my weekly automated call from Rogers saying they are still working on my "ticket from January 16th, sorry for the delay". 

I Plan to Stick Around

@remaxman wrote:

I'm sure rogers is well aware of the problems and working on it. They are loosing millions because no one can order any thing from the on demand services. on affected boxes of course.

In our case, we would have liked to use VOD for fairly current movies, however tried it twice.  This was with the system before the introduction of Navigatr.  Both times CC would not show.  Both times phoned into Rogers.  Both times waited the normal 20 minutes to a half hour to talk to someone who tried to fix it, then said they couldn't.  A few minutes after we hung up, CC started working. 

It just wasn't worth that 20 minutes to half an hour of frustration to watch VOD. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I would like to watch a show currently being recorded so I can FF thru the commercials.

I would rather wait 20 minutes than watch it live.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello @Customer01,

@RogersMargaret had posted a few weeks ago reassuring the Community that we are monitoring all the feedback and sending it to the appropriate groups. Please see the link below. 

Link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

@RogersHassam

I think that only answers part of the question. Personally I have no doubt that you are all passing on the info.

But, with respect, you are all small fish. Unless you pass it along with a commentary about HOW MANY of us are livid right now, how many are looking to jump ship to a competitor out there, and really pass long the hostile sentiments of thousands of us, then it makes no difference.

And if it did, why are we not hearing a SINGLE WORD from any of the "appropriate groups" that this is being passed up to?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello @Customer01,

@RogersMargaret had posted a few weeks ago reassuring the Community that we are monitoring all the feedback and sending it to the appropriate groups. Please see the link below. 

Link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

RogersHassam & RogersMargaret,

We appreciate your efforts in sending our feedback to the the appropriate groups however those appropriate groups appear to be ignoring both you and their customers' feedback.  Someone seems to have been able to convince the appropriate groups that we are just whining customers who haven't accepted the learning curve with this fantastic new interface. 

My advice to you is to take it higher.  We don't like being ignored, and neither should you.

Rogers is losing customers over this, and the trickle is going to turn into a flood as soon as the new billing rules come fully into effect.

I Plan to Stick Around

@DoneInDurham wrote:

Just got my weekly automated call from Rogers saying they are still working on my "ticket from January 16th, sorry for the delay". 

Just got my weekly automated call, "ticket FROM JULY 28th, sorry for the delay"

@tjey wrote:

I just got the Navigatr upgrade, and I've lost the ability to watch anything on demand and use shomi.  I called in for support, but the recommended fix didn't resolve the problem, so I was told to wait a few days while they fix the problem.  At least I haven't lost any of my previously recorded shows.

I'll be calling back in to request a credit for the service I can't use.

They gave me 20 bucks. I don't want to bust your bubble but I am going into week 4 since the update. No on demand or Shomi at all. I have called in many many times. There is no point calling them. You just have to wait until they push a fix to us. 

Steve