UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Q: Did Rogers download an update last night ?  Did anyone need to reboot today ?

In the Settings screen the Espial browser is up to  version 60.0.8 - 1.1.90

One of my NB3s was acting strange today (Location MIssissauga).

It was slow, had difficulty accepting and responding to key-hits, did things I did not ask.

Trying to record a program for later in the day was nearly impossible.

Rebooted and seems to be OK.

Other NB3 froze couple times while I was checking on the new Reality Show on CNN.

(Donald Trump Declares Himself Emperor). Had to change channels to unfreeze, but I missed 

a few precious moments (fortunately they were repeated several more times in the next hour or so).

Q: Is there no way for Rogers to verify the integrity of the installed software every night?

It is the 21st century and this kind checking has been common practice since before DOS.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have phoned Rogers , and was told to go to myrogers feedback and write my concerns. First are you going to make the writing larger in the so called new and improved navigator bar. The old one was way better in all respects, including the recorded guide. But my main concern is when you set a reminder, it no longer changes automatically. This is discriminating against a lot of handicapped people. People with rheumatism, arthritis, severe vision loss, dementia, and in my husbands case quadrepligic. I used to look through the guide every day, and set reminders, so he would not be watching the same channel all day. For us, as with so many other people, this is a very important feature, and I need to know if you are bringing this feature back, and when!!?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @ALDK,

I am with you here - was recently diagnosed with something which, when it flares up, results in NASTY swelling on many joints and swelling of the hands. For this reason, I would really like to see the channels auto-tune upon reminders, as they did before. 

I Plan to Stick Around

is Rogers on a tight budget???  Is that why it takes forever to get a live person either on live chat or on the phone???

I would describeNextBox Navigatr with one word SLUGGISH

Rogers seriously needs to go back to the drawing room with this one and at the same time give customers a refund

I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp, @ALDK where mobility is concerned, you may contact CRTC and make a complaint.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact.htm

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Going into week 4 without any on demand service. Catalog error. Can't order any movies so I can watch them before the Oscars.
Steve
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you. I will contact CRTC

I set my reminders for my day and evening viewing. This is in my top 10 problems with the Navigatr software.

Steve
I'm Here A Lot

I cannot believe that Rogers has thrown out a perfectly good guide for Navigatr! Nearly all of the functions require more steps than the previous system. But that is only the tip of the iceberg! Here are some more:

1) Many program images are wrong, eg. "Jeopardy" shows up as "The Insider", "Mayday", a plane disaster documentary program, has an image of a young maiden standing at the edge of a forest. Is she going to dance around the maypole?

2) When you record a program, in the lower left corner are several program images under the general heading "More like this" So what do we see here? Nearly half the time one of the three program images is for "Minions", some kids program. This even appears when I am on the "Fireplace" channel. The other "More like this" links are equally inappropriate or just plain silly.

3) However, the prize goes to "closed captions". I'm 79 years old and a bit hard of hearing. There is an increasing number of us out there, many  old customers and some younger ones, too, who have hearing issues. Often, when I was watching a program under the old system I would sometimes decide I needed closed captions and I just clickked on "Info" on the remote, and there was the choice of "closed captions. I carried on with my program.

Now I have to:

a) go out of the program to a live TV channel

b) Click on the Info button

c) Choose the menu "More" from three choices

d) Scroll through several choices under "More" to a HIDDEN choice called "Closed captions". Then I click on "Turn closed captions on"

(Just a point here - why not simply say "Closed captions on" or "Closed captions off"? By adding the word "turn" it simply makes the choice 100 percent opposite what it logically should be!)

e) Back I go to my recorded programs where I have to search for what I was watching amongst about 130 or so recorded programs. When I go into that program it may or may not say "Resume". Just as often as not I am greeted with "Watch" - yup, back to the begining to find out where I left off!

f) Not over yet, though! In about half the cases, and halfway through the program,  closed captions become a jumble of double letters and gibberish that is useless. (You know what comes next, don't you? This is so annoying that back I go to live TV to "Turn off closed captions" PATHETIC!)

A DISGUSTED ROGERS "CUSTOMER"

yup....I'm getting all that too. And guess what? Woke up this morning to no Home phone. Just gets better and better.

Steve