UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Re: Petition

I just noticed that I was logged in on the petition site and so of course it would not let me vote again. When I logged out and went back to the petition, it gave the full dialogue for signing.

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-com-rogers-please-rollback-navigatr-for-nextbox

I'm a Regular

This is really annoying, I specifically set the box to record a series and end 5 minutes after the scheduled ending so it doesn't get cutoff (which often happens). But the box randomly picks and chooses when it does and doesn't record the extra 5 minutes leaving me with cutoff endings on random recordings.

I thought the Navigatr issues were over. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Also where is the ability to select multiple recordings in a folder to delete?

I Plan to Stick Around

@jjmartin

I had the same problem and deleted the wrong program instead of the one I just finished watching.  Old system used to take you to the options for the recording you just watched and at that point you could delete it or leave it on you PVR. Now it takes you back to the list of recordings and it is easy to make a mistake.

The more I use NAVIGATR the more I HATE it. I want the old software back. I am at the point where I might leave rogers when my contract is up.

Bye Bye.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, I have added that issue to my 'known issues' list... so something then for the mods to take forward when submitting issues.

Agreed, it should have the 'pop up' like it did prior.. so then you have the option to delete there..
Fine, if it wants to then go to the TOP recording.. whatever.. but you have deleted already..
(vs it now going to the TOP one, and people thinking that THAT is the one they just watched and deleting it)
Maybe even in the interim as well... some sort of WATCH notifier.. so you can see if the one you are pressing delete on, has a watched icon on it or something)

I'm a Senior Advisor

@lensman wrote:

Well, I added a comment but I didn't see anywhere to "Sign the Petition" as I have on others. So, I'm not sure how "votes" are being tallied.

Edited: I see the petition was started 6 months ago. The "Sign Petition" button no longer exists because of this fact, I guess. Other petitions on the site clearly have theirs.

That's odd. I don't see a "Sign Petition" button either, but I think that's because my cookies say I've already signed.  Just to be sure, I opened the link in a private window and the "Sign" button is indeed there. I see a lot of older petitions still open on change.org with thousands of signatures.

What shocks me is that this petition still only has just 119 signatures at present, which is statistically insignificant. If Rogers were to look at it, they could conclude it's the same 100-odd complainers out of their millions of customers and can safely be ignored.  I would suggest that every dissatisfied customer with Navigatr spread that link far and wide.

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-com-rogers-please-rollback-navigatr-for-nextbox

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Discovered a glitch with the newly installed Navigatr software.  Here's the use case:

1. Watch recording.
  2. Pause recording.
  3. Press rewind while the show is paused.
  4. Recording exits to Live TV.
  5. Return to recording.
  6. Recording is reset to beginning.  No option to Resume Recording.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am totally fed up with NAVIGATR. I am about ready to jump ship to a compeditor.

Does anyone know if anything is being done to clean up the mess that has been created. Difficult to navigate, imposible to live with. Very unfreindly to users. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Regarding the Change.Org petition. 

"What shocks me is that this petition still only has just 119 signatures at present, which is statistically insignificant. If Rogers were to look at it, they could conclude it's the same 100-odd complainers out of their millions of customers and can safely be ignored.  I would suggest that every dissatisfied customer with Navigatr spread that link far and wide."

I don't know why others have not signed, but I know why I did not.

Signed one of these for a very worthy cause a few years ago. 

Then they started emailing me with other causes that they thought I might like to support. 

I try to be very careful with my email address.

I think the petition that Rogers should be paying attention to is the thousand(s) or so complaints they are receiving through these forums.  It is a pain to switch to another provider, but if they continue to ignore these complaints customers will vote with their wallets.  They are showing a strange, callous attitude to customer satisfaction.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Cush Yes, change.org is not the best site for this kind of petition. I've got the same kind of spam from them. If you check out their other petitions, they're mostly all bleeding heart lefty causes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

We are talking about PoP, the side-by-side pictures, which are significantly smaller on the 9865 with Navigatr. Perhaps the 8642 was not so affected?  We are not talking about PiP, which is the same as before.  You can check out the PoP by repeated presses of the "move" button.

Its been so long (since last July 28) I do not recall if RTN had PoP (ie 2 same sized side-by side)

but I do not think the July 28 version had it.  Anyway, yes the PIP seems smaller than I recall.