UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@lensman wrote:

Well, I added a comment but I didn't see anywhere to "Sign the Petition" as I have on others. So, I'm not sure how "votes" are being tallied.

Edited: I see the petition was started 6 months ago. The "Sign Petition" button no longer exists because of this fact, I guess. Other petitions on the site clearly have theirs.

That's odd. I don't see a "Sign Petition" button either, but I think that's because my cookies say I've already signed.  Just to be sure, I opened the link in a private window and the "Sign" button is indeed there. I see a lot of older petitions still open on change.org with thousands of signatures.

What shocks me is that this petition still only has just 119 signatures at present, which is statistically insignificant. If Rogers were to look at it, they could conclude it's the same 100-odd complainers out of their millions of customers and can safely be ignored.  I would suggest that every dissatisfied customer with Navigatr spread that link far and wide.

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-com-rogers-please-rollback-navigatr-for-nextbox

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
papa_josef
I'm Here A Lot

Discovered a glitch with the newly installed Navigatr software.  Here's the use case:

1. Watch recording.
  2. Pause recording.
  3. Press rewind while the show is paused.
  4. Recording exits to Live TV.
  5. Return to recording.
  6. Recording is reset to beginning.  No option to Resume Recording.

User872x
I've Been Around

I am totally fed up with NAVIGATR. I am about ready to jump ship to a compeditor.

Does anyone know if anything is being done to clean up the mess that has been created. Difficult to navigate, imposible to live with. Very unfreindly to users. 

Cush
I Plan to Stick Around

Regarding the Change.Org petition. 

"What shocks me is that this petition still only has just 119 signatures at present, which is statistically insignificant. If Rogers were to look at it, they could conclude it's the same 100-odd complainers out of their millions of customers and can safely be ignored.  I would suggest that every dissatisfied customer with Navigatr spread that link far and wide."

I don't know why others have not signed, but I know why I did not.

Signed one of these for a very worthy cause a few years ago. 

Then they started emailing me with other causes that they thought I might like to support. 

I try to be very careful with my email address.

I think the petition that Rogers should be paying attention to is the thousand(s) or so complaints they are receiving through these forums.  It is a pain to switch to another provider, but if they continue to ignore these complaints customers will vote with their wallets.  They are showing a strange, callous attitude to customer satisfaction.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Cush Yes, change.org is not the best site for this kind of petition. I've got the same kind of spam from them. If you check out their other petitions, they're mostly all bleeding heart lefty causes.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
remaxman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Going into week 4 without any on demand service. Catalog error. Can't order any movies so I can watch them before the Oscars.
Steve
remaxman

I set my reminders for my day and evening viewing. This is in my top 10 problems with the Navigatr software.

Steve
dexter394444
I'm Here A Lot

I cannot believe that Rogers has thrown out a perfectly good guide for Navigatr! Nearly all of the functions require more steps than the previous system. But that is only the tip of the iceberg! Here are some more:

1) Many program images are wrong, eg. "Jeopardy" shows up as "The Insider", "Mayday", a plane disaster documentary program, has an image of a young maiden standing at the edge of a forest. Is she going to dance around the maypole?

2) When you record a program, in the lower left corner are several program images under the general heading "More like this" So what do we see here? Nearly half the time one of the three program images is for "Minions", some kids program. This even appears when I am on the "Fireplace" channel. The other "More like this" links are equally inappropriate or just plain silly.

3) However, the prize goes to "closed captions". I'm 79 years old and a bit hard of hearing. There is an increasing number of us out there, many  old customers and some younger ones, too, who have hearing issues. Often, when I was watching a program under the old system I would sometimes decide I needed closed captions and I just clickked on "Info" on the remote, and there was the choice of "closed captions. I carried on with my program.

Now I have to:

a) go out of the program to a live TV channel

b) Click on the Info button

c) Choose the menu "More" from three choices

d) Scroll through several choices under "More" to a HIDDEN choice called "Closed captions". Then I click on "Turn closed captions on"

(Just a point here - why not simply say "Closed captions on" or "Closed captions off"? By adding the word "turn" it simply makes the choice 100 percent opposite what it logically should be!)

e) Back I go to my recorded programs where I have to search for what I was watching amongst about 130 or so recorded programs. When I go into that program it may or may not say "Resume". Just as often as not I am greeted with "Watch" - yup, back to the begining to find out where I left off!

f) Not over yet, though! In about half the cases, and halfway through the program,  closed captions become a jumble of double letters and gibberish that is useless. (You know what comes next, don't you? This is so annoying that back I go to live TV to "Turn off closed captions" PATHETIC!)

A DISGUSTED ROGERS "CUSTOMER"

remaxman

yup....I'm getting all that too. And guess what? Woke up this morning to no Home phone. Just gets better and better.

Steve
sethlwilson
I Plan to Stick Around

There are alternatives to Rogers in most neighbourhoods. If you decide to use another provider, ask them if they will contact Rogers to notify them of the transfer of your services. This will short-circuit any retention effort.  They'll call you to confirm though.  You may have to pay early termination fees if you have any active promotions which sucks, but what sucks more is continuing to pay for a service you can't use from a company that treats its customers with contempt.

I just switched to Bell Fibe. The PVR UX is perfectly designed. It has all the functionality that Navigatr omitted and more. Bell's is slightly more expensive than the package I had with Rogers but it's the best alternative I found, and so far I love it. Thinking back to Navigatr and how it compares to Fibe, I laugh (and cry).  

I speculate that there's some mutually beneficial arrangement between Espial and Rogers that was made in order to benefit stockholders.  It's obvious that customers and customer satisfaction were not part of the equation.  Rogers will no doubt survive fleeing customers in the end.  

As I returned all of my equipment to a nearby Rogers store yesterday, I witnessed a team of dedicated vibrant employees (or independent contractors) working hard to acquire and service customers, and all the while I couldn't help but think how they, we have all been betrayed.

-Seth Wilson