UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@park wrote:

BTW: If I were I'd ask for a service tech to come out and show how to do use Navigatr.

In fact we all should.

I have a service tech coming on Saturday to try to address a problem I have with HBO on Demand (the selection of shows offered on my basement set-top box is about half what is available via my living room PVR). This issue was reported in November, and after no progress for a month I was told to wait for the Navigatr update in January to fix it. Surprise: it did not.

As long as I have someone coming to look into that small nuisance issue, I will take the opportunity to share my feelings about the Navigatr change that has me about ready to jump to Bell. I'm just waiting to understand how the pick & pay channels will work...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Is this PIP issue just effcting the NB3?   It could be my memory as I don't often use PIP but  I just checked on my TV  (8642 HDPVR)  and the picture sizes looks the same as pre Navigatr.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We are talking about PoP, the side-by-side pictures, which are significantly smaller on the 9865 with Navigatr. Perhaps the 8642 was not so affected?  We are not talking about PiP, which is the same as before.  You can check out the PoP by repeated presses of the "move" button.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

OK. They are both the same size and appear similar to the pre Navigatr. Like I mentioned, it could just be my memory as to how they looked before.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Going into week 3 with no on demand after the navigator upload. Pretty sad.
Steve
I've Been Around

I hate this new guide a pvr listings. It is very hard to go through to set up everything to record and doesn't give you a good way to see I there are conflicts. I have had a lot of shows not record because of this. I have also had my pvr freeze. I have even woken up to things still recording that should have been done hours before. I also find it very very slow. I took me over an hour to set my weeks worth of shows to record. You can't even look on the list to see what tim each show is set to record without actually clicking on each show. I am so ready to find a new cable company. It shouldn't be a job to set up the pvr.

@carriedoughty wrote:

I hate this new guide a pvr listings. It is very hard to go through to set up everything to record and doesn't give you a good way to see I there are conflicts. I have had a lot of shows not record because of this. I have also had my pvr freeze. I have even woken up to things still recording that should have been done hours before. I also find it very very slow. I took me over an hour to set my weeks worth of shows to record. You can't even look on the list to see what tim each show is set to record without actually clicking on each show. I am so ready to find a new cable company. It shouldn't be a job to set up the pvr.

Not sure what box you have but I do roughly the same thing setting up a week's worth of recordings and it takes maybe 5 minutes to change the days and setup about 15 shows on my 9865HD,

I've Been Around

There's a petition at Change.org to have Rogers roll back their new Navigatr guide.

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-com-rogers-please-rollback-navigatr-for-nextbox

Well, I added a comment but I didn't see anywhere to "Sign the Petition" as I have on others. So, I'm not sure how "votes" are being tallied.

Edited: I see the petition was started 6 months ago. The "Sign Petition" button no longer exists because of this fact, I guess. Other petitions on the site clearly have theirs.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@lensman wrote:

Well, I added a comment but I didn't see anywhere to "Sign the Petition" as I have on others. So, I'm not sure how "votes" are being tallied.

Edited: I see the petition was started 6 months ago. The "Sign Petition" button no longer exists because of this fact, I guess. Other petitions on the site clearly have theirs.

Interesting. I signed it just a couple of days ago (I was actually #100 if I recall), and the so too did my wife. But as you said there is no longer a place to sign, just to prmote the link. Can't imagine what happened.