UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

• Slow performance on the 8642 PVRs under new system. Previous system was fine. Are you trying force a HW upgrade? 
  • LARGE request for a list view to return instead of tiles.  Or give the option for one or the other.
  • The font is too small.
  • Inprogress, Recorded, Scheduled recordings  - no were is the time or channel displayed. You have to select a tile even to obtain the date. Rather than displaying a picture in the tile, display useful information. GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS FORMAT FOR PVR DISPLAYS/FUNCTION. 
  • When I tried to record mulible episodes of a particular program, a box was created for the program but nothing was recorded. WHY!! 
  • Guide function is setup to display authorized channels. If I select Favourites then favourites are displayed correctly. ISSUE: The next time I got to GUIDE, then Favourites are displayed vs authourized channels. I then have to reset the Guide setup. 
I'm Here A Lot

Anybody have luck using the "5 minutes more" option on the recording settings? 

I've changed my default recording setting to add 5 minutes to the scheduled recording times because some shows go a little past the scheduled end time.

I've also changed the individual series recording settings to add the extra 5 minutes, but it never seems to take. For example, I constantly modify Pawn Stars to add an extra 5 minutes, but it always ends at the "normal" time and whenever I check the settings, it's always back to "end on time".

Sorry... forgot to mention that I am selecting the "update settings" option to save my changes.

Is this yet another bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I'm an Advisor

@carlorobazza wrote:

I've changed my default recording setting to add 5 minutes to the scheduled recording times because some shows go a little past the scheduled end time.

I've also changed the individual series recording settings to add the extra 5 minutes, but it never seems to take. For example, I constantly modify Pawn Stars to add an extra 5 minutes, but it always ends at the "normal" time and whenever I check the settings, it's always back to "end on time".

Is this yet another bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Its not a bug, it (Navigatr) is a very large cockroach !

In addition to selecting 5 minutes more you have go up a few and select and click on Update recording settings.

Duuno whty Rogers does not answer these basic questions instead of just editing posts.

BTW: If I were I'd ask for a service tech to come out and show how to do use Navigatr.

In fact we all should.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@park wrote:

BTW: If I were I'd ask for a service tech to come out and show how to do use Navigatr.

In fact we all should.

I doubt very much if they would schedule a visit for that, but I LOVE the idea. They would be so inundated with calls. And then there is a real person to complain to, and maybe the sheer volume and venom might actually get through to someone upstairs at Rogers. Right now, we have zero assurance at all that anyone important is listening to us at all....

I'm an Advisor

@DrMike wrote:

@park wrote:

In fact we all should.

I doubt very much if they would schedule a visit for that, but I LOVE the idea. They would be so inundated with calls. And then there is a real person to complain to, and maybe the sheer volume and venom might actually get through to someone upstairs at Rogers. Right now, we have zero assurance at all that anyone important is listening to us at all....

OK then pay us $80 or whatever it costs Rogers for a tech visit, to go to store a get trained.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@carlorobazza wrote:

Sorry... forgot to mention that I am selecting the "update settings" option to save my changes.

If you are indeed updating/saving your new settings, there is one other possibility. The firmware is "smart enough" to know that if you're recording a programme that follows the first programme, it will not extend that first programme.  You would therefore see the end of the previous programme at the start of the next programme (if indeed the first programme goes long).  You may miss a few seconds. The firmware handles back-to-back recordings in this way to avoid more conflicts.

One alternative is to not do "back-to-back" recordings and always find the second recording on a different channel or different timeslot.

I'm an Advisor

@carlorobazza wrote:

Then definately get a tech out. And have him swap in a NB3 if you only have an  NB2
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I record several shows back to back to back on the same channel on Mondays and Tuesdays and have never had any issues whatsoever. Nor have i seen any issues with the 5 minutes after setting as with some stations that has become a staple.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Absolutely get rid of any NB2.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@rgottinger  Yes, definitely the NB2 should be put to its grave - it has always been somewhat underpowered from day one with significant limitations, so give those users a free upgrade.  You must have lots of spare boxes around with the numbers of people who have walked.

By the way, be aware you will not be getting new boxes, just refurbished - probably just a factory reset, and often when the box comes to our homes by a tech, none of the the updates have been installed.  Best practice would be they install the new software builds and do a 48 hour burn in test.  Then they would find if there are box issues, or incompatabilities with the builds.

Bruce