UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@robindp  @annemarie  Unfortunately, having been one of the many advocating for information, support, explanations, and finally moving to being a help to both ourselves and others, I have to agree with robindp -

I think we have little options other than the poster 2 back, leaving, and deciding to stay and "learn to live with it", but since there are some significant bugs still in place, we can expect that another bug fix will come at some point.  Hopefully they will consider our conerns and suggestions seriously and do their best to redesign the product to something that we can at least live with.  The previous boxes had their own problems, as it moved from SA to Cisco products in that first buy out, but those boxes were luxury compared to what we have now.

But if you decide to stay, for whatever your personal reasons are, we appear to be stuck with Navigtr and its tile interface and if you have been directed to the forum, you will get more detailed and helpful solutions, including our honesty that we believe that we are stuck with the tile interface and hope that the bugs and some of the inefficiencies will be considered for changes.

Our only hope is that the supplying companies, Espial and whoever is taking over the hardware side since Technicolor has bought out this part of Cisco's hardware and software portfolio, will take our concerns seriously. Since it took 5 months to get version 2 rolled out, another month to deal with a bug, probably power saver features that were freezing boxes left and right, and then another full build recompile by all parties to the current builds of January, we now are waiting in silence again.  Only time will tell what we will finally end up with.  I strongly doubt we will hear anything until it rolls out to us.

Welcome to the forum. Wish we had better answers for you and your concerns of the box, but we can at least provide you support on how to "live with it".

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Cush  Those are very good discussion of stats and surveys and the behaviours of customers - as a statistician, we have always said that stats are always skewed by the numbers of people who just don't answer, or move on.

And as for the disinterest of the staff, not surprising, they have been listening to this for months, and they have no replies they can give.  Wonder how many sales to new customers have died at the store as they hear someone mention their concerns?

In general, no matter who we bring this up to in Rogers, we mostly get feigned interest in our concern, but none of the people we will speak to at all levels of escalation have any answers - they either don't know, or have been directed to not say, and certainly many of the responses on social media are totally canned.

item 12 in your post struck me - 12 positive experiences for every bad one - that is also supported in relationship issues, and learning - the figures are similiar - the old saying - it takes one incident to lose trust, and many more to earn it back.

This article is excellent and spot on. How many do we see Rogers doing right now? I do know they are considering some of these issues in their improved customer services, but are neglecting many of them when it comes to things that go wrong.

Ahh, silence is not golden when you have a concern.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

To be short and blunt, the Rogers Navigatr System is bad. It simply does not perform as well as the previous system. I notice that the star rating of movies is no longer available on Navigatr. Could this have been TV Network pressure on Rogers to abolish the star rating of movies because it was affecting viewer numbers. Something to think about!!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Being in among the first batch of guinea pigs to test this debacle back in July, and having posted many times in the original thread dealing with this issue, seeing NO RESPONSE from Rogers I decided to speak with my wallet. While I cannot cut the cord entirely (my whole business life revolves around my email address that would disappear if I said goodbye forever), I did cut all cable service right back to the "basic cable". I rarely have to use Navigatr now since there is virtually nothing worth recording on basic cable! My wife watches more TV than me and we both simply spend our time watching entire series on Netflix; Shomi as well, but that is a whole other issue and we only use it because it's free. Once Rogers starts charging for it then that, too, will be gone. Once our three cellphone contracts are up I am going to shop around for another deal there, too.

A someone mentioned earlier regarding that article on customer satisfaction, I am one of those who will tell anyone who will listen about my experiences with Rogers and it gives me great satisfaction to hear them say "Remind me not to jump over from Bell (or whatever other provider), then!" Yes, Rogers you may not have lost me as a customer (grudgingly) but you sure have lost potentialy many new ones...

It wasn't that long ago that I would have given Rogers perhaps an 8 out of 10 for overall satisfaction, now they get a 2 and I am happy to tell them that every time I get prompted to fill in that survey that pops up when logging in.

Highlighted

Does anyone have a newer software verson than this one on their Netbox3 with navigatr? 

Steve
Highlighted

You are to generous giving them a 2. -2 would be more accurate, 

Steve
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@remaxman Looks like current versions are software version 6.0.0.0132, changed recently from 129, and previously it was in the 3.0's.  That is the Cisco Videoscape platform by the way.  Amazing that Technicolor hasn't changed over their rights, as they took over all Cisco settop hardware (they have a box design of their at Technicolor and provide the same UI concepts, and IP options that Espial does).

The classic Version of 60.00.16 and VOD-Tier 3 Version - 60.00.14 are also Cisco modules.

These were all You can view the full component set by pushing esc for about 3 seconds until power light on the box blinks, then push down arrow two times and then push 2.

Under component info, you will see the old Cisco platform of 3.0.6.134 which is not at end of life and support, and various other Cisco modules of other version numbers - basic image file is 6.0.0.132.  Under troubleshooting, the Espial browser is now 6.0.8-1.1.90

All Cisco recompile dates are on January 20, 2016, well after the date that Tecnicolor took over from Cisco, but they still report Cisco Video Scape, so either they are maintaining that licensed model, or do want to associate with this new Navigtr and Nextbox.  December rollout had various dates on the Cisco moduals, and the changed modules pushed out recently appear to be mostly on the Cisco end.  No middle ware, JVM, and QTWebkit which provides the interface API's between the functionality, either RDK or RTN is ot stated.

Oh and I have not given numbers above the middle point, with a lot of 0's in a long time and I too was one who tended to rank them very high.  Not anymore - says a little something about their current model of customer service and satisfaction.

So we wait to see.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had 2 recordings of a series that I hadn't watched yet. After I watched the first one, it showed a familiar choice: watch, or delete. I deleted it. Then I found the only recording I had was the first one that I had just watched. Apparently when you finish watching a recording, if there is another one, the screen will jump to the next recording. It did NOT do this before Navigatr! Now I guess the only way I can see the episode I deleted is to join Netflix. Navigatr is disgusting!

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @jjmartin,

Yes, this is an extremely annoying bug - bit me once too.

What show did you accidentally wipe? You can visit the TV stations website (example: www.citytv.com) or www.rogersondemand.com to find and watch your show. 

Highlighted

Same thing happened to me. But what realley ticked me off is my wife had some friends over and they were watching one part of a seies and then went to delete after it was over and they deleted the next one. She told me to cancel Rogers and call Bell that very second lol.

Steve