UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 14

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@57 wrote:

@gjdj wrote:

How do you record a show that has already started?

 

Now how do you do record an in progress movie?  I tried pressing the red record button and nothing happened.  I tried going to the guide and pressing select with the current program and it just takes you to the live view.


When you press the record button you should briefly see a pop-up that states something like "recording started". Also if you go into your list of recordings, the first tile in the list sorted by date should have a red dot on it indicating a recording in progress. Also, if you click on the tile and scroll up to the scheduled tab, that recording you just started should show.


 

OK, thanks for the feedback.  I tried repeatedly pressing record.  It didn't work for me, and no pop up appeared.  I guess it's not an issue for everyone, so I'll try again in the future.

 

I wasn't actually trying to record a movie, I was trying to record a one hour show.  The guide had "No Information" for the channel.  Maybe that lack of a program name somehow caused the problem?

I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

How can I get rid of the horrible new tile interface and go back to the old list format. The new version is lousy, slow, difficult to do the simplest task, impossible to read, doesn't organize series well, can't show the scheduled recordings easily to catch conflicts, and needs to go.

 

i purchased my PVR a few years ago, and never agreed to auto update. 

 

Why has Rogers taken such a backwards move? Are they trying to push users to on line services and on demand products?

 

Absolutely Horrible Interface!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 3,233

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@pierrevz wrote:

How can I get rid of the horrible new tile interface and go back to the old list format?

 



You cannot go back. Navigatr is here to stay. You can see recordings and scheduled recordings in a list by using the AnyPlace Web computer interface or Apps for most Tablets or Smartphones.

 

See the links in the following post for useful links that will save you hours.

 

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...



Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 3,233

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@gjdj wrote:

OK, thanks for the feedback.  I tried repeatedly pressing record.  It didn't work for me, and no pop up appeared. 

I wasn't actually trying to record a movie, I was trying to record a one hour show.  The guide had "No Information" for the channel.  Maybe that lack of a program name somehow caused the problem?


Experiment with a different programme.  If it doesn't work, try rebooting if you haven't already.  In addition to what I stated earlier, the red "REC" should probably light up on the front of the PVR, unless it's already lit for another recording.



Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 2,154

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Although, the position is that we aren't going back from Navigtr, and most likely it's links and many of the inefficiencies, that does not mean that you can't bring your concerns to support or CSR's, and then if not satisfied use the escalation process.  The link you were provided is an excellent one for helping you get through working around the idosynchrocies of the device, but keep in mind these are workarounds, or clarifications of how to navigate through the screens, which is neither more efficient, nor improving our viewing experience, as advertised.

 

There is another link http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message... which describes all of the things that people don't like, but don't interfere with the functionality of the use of the box.

 

Note that in the escalation process, it speaks of going from CSR to manager, to post your issue via MYROGERS page for report a concern, where you can request to speak with a manager if you didn't get to one on the original connection, or the Office of President.  If you are still not satisfied, you can communicate to the Ombudsman, or you can also go directly to CCTC - except at this point, the CCTC can not deal with cable issues - they are still defining the CCTC roles as defined by CRTC, but it doesn't hurt to take your concern to CCTC and CRTC.

 

At the moment, we are kind of stuck with what we have, but we all have the right to raise our concerns and escalate if we wish.

 

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 193

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@gjdj wrote:

@57 wrote:

@gjdj wrote:

How do you record a show that has already started?

 

Now how do you do record an in progress movie?  I tried pressing the red record button and nothing happened.  I tried going to the guide and pressing select with the current program and it just takes you to the live view.


When you press the record button you should briefly see a pop-up that states something like "recording started". Also if you go into your list of recordings, the first tile in the list sorted by date should have a red dot on it indicating a recording in progress. Also, if you click on the tile and scroll up to the scheduled tab, that recording you just started should show.


 

OK, thanks for the feedback.  I tried repeatedly pressing record.  It didn't work for me, and no pop up appeared.  I guess it's not an issue for everyone, so I'll try again in the future.

 

I wasn't actually trying to record a movie, I was trying to record a one hour show.  The guide had "No Information" for the channel.  Maybe that lack of a program name somehow caused the problem?


Works for me!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 2,154

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@57 wrote:

@gjdj wrote:

OK, thanks for the feedback.  I tried repeatedly pressing record.  It didn't work for me, and no pop up appeared. 

I wasn't actually trying to record a movie, I was trying to record a one hour show.  The guide had "No Information" for the channel.  Maybe that lack of a program name somehow caused the problem?


Experiment with a different programme.  If it doesn't work, try rebooting if you haven't already.  In addition to what I stated earlier, the red "REC" should probably light up on the front of the PVR, unless it's already lit for another recording.


I have found that the record button is unpredictable in whether it will works or not - I have been trying to identify a pattern, but I have found that I just don't use it - going to the guide and starting and stopping the recording has been more consistent for me and less frustrating.

 

I actually just tried a couple of stations, after having watched a recording, and the record button didn't work.  I brought up the mini guide and hit the record button (the red one) and it started the recording, and then when I hit record again, it brought up the screen with No, continue recording, yes, stop recording and save, and lastly, yes stop recording, and delete.

 

So not sure what causes this to happen, but it is not new (at least for me).  It appears that for some reason, sometimes it works, but if you go into the mini guide or full guide, it works there, and then after it works once, it keeps working.

 

Go figure!!  Some things, there are no clear answers, they are just unpredictable, the worst ones to fix.

 

One last question - was there not previously an easier way to create series recording from the record button?

I have a vague recollection that on the old box that if you pushed the record button, it set up a series, but July is a long time ago. 

 

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

For the love of God, Please change it back! Our household is a family of 4 and we all hate this 'new' navigator. It's 5 steps backwards. It's slower, confusing, hard to read, just AWFUL. I hope Rogers sees what a huge mistake they've made and fix it fast. I am so tempted to switch to Bell. Is there some kind of petition we can all sign to have them switch it back?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 3,233

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I usually pressed "select" when in the guide to set up a series recording. That way all the options regarding start early, stop late, day options are available.



Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 2,154

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

There seem to be a number of issues that are intermittent, like this record button issue - like what I just described, they seem to come and go with no predictable pattern.

 

I do hope that these one off issues by a few people are being documented by the teams and put on the issues log as reported issues, unpredictable, so that over time, they may be able to find the pattern and deal with it.

 

Reboot should not have to be our constant fall back, but unfortunately, it continues to be that way, but at least I haven't had a freeze requiring a hard reboot in a while.  I have only had to do reboots from the trouble shooting menu as of late, and it is now a weekly activity on Saturday morning, as I don't have any recordings on that date and only start back recordings on Sunday.

 

For all I know, the frequent reboots may be the cause of my intermittent issues.

 

Maybe I will not reboot for a few weeks and see what happens.

 

Boy this box can drive one mad if you let it, but the frustration is very legitimate.  And the problem is that not everyone is going to report these issues, so we really do not have a complete knowledge of who has problems and who doesn't.

 

Maybe an honest survey that asks all users to speak to the known issues, even the infrequent ones, and ask them to indicate if it is a current problem, a past problem, and do you have other issues (not requests for changes), but actual functions that are causing the box to not function in an expected manner (e.g., pushing record, anyone would expect it to start recording.

 

This would possibly get at the prevelancy of the problems, and possibly for the frequent ones, Rogers would even consider taking a box as is and debug it.

 

Bruce