UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Gguzzo

@Gguzzo wrote:

The more I think about this, the more I feel that I should probably look into what the CRTC states that the company's obligations are to the customer.

Hopefully the CRTC website is easier to navigate than Rogers.com 

The CRTC website is very easy to get around. They make it simple to register your comment or complaint. Here's the link:

https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/rapidsccm/Default-Defaut.aspx

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TheArcher wrote:

@57

The 2nd press of Guide button always brings up the My Favourites page. The filter option enables the 1st Guide button press to be selected for Guide (All Channels), Subscribed, My Favourites, Pay Per View or Music.

Thanks for the clarification.  I've only ever used All/Favourites (even on RTN), so I wasn't sure.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Margaret,

Since you posted your message regarding the Navigatr software on 8 Jan 2016  directing us to share our findings/learnings on the NextBox Navigatr, I can tell you that it has been a very terrible experience.  Just this week (Feb 2016), my wife programmed BBC Dateline London and it only taped for 3 minutes. Then another of her programs called the View only taped for 7 minutes.  I told her to uplug the PVR and let it reboot.  She asked me why this is happening and I told her the new Rogers Navigatr has so many problems and issues associated with it, that Rogers will not even acknowledge that there is a problem.  

At this point in time, can you now tell us what the Rogers Corporation is doing to fix all these issues and concerns?  

When can we expect something that actually works consistently with all the past functionality of the previous guide?  

I and I assume many others would appreciate a detailed response.  

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @User14,

How are you recording the programs? Are you recording them as series? Are you selecting "record all episodes", "anytime", any day of the week? Also, how long has this been happening since and what was the outcome after the reboot? Did you try recording them again? Do you have more than one box and is it happening on both? 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I can answer the similiar question as I have been having similiar issues which began about 2 weeks ago.

I typically record as a series - settings New, this date, time, and record typically to the lower channels - preference because I can see the red dots when I open the guide.

All the recordings that didn't occur were series - for one week, almost every recording that was sitting at the bottom as a Zombie recording, either because I had deleted the show immediately after watching, and the next weeks show was not in the guide.  Over the next few days, I would have expected them to move back up to scheduled recordings, but they still hung down at the bottom with no information.  I left them until the day or two before the show, and if it wasn't there in sceduled recordings, I deleted the Zombie from the bottom (no recordings or future recordings present in the tile, but it recorded the week before, or may have been on a week or two hiatus), and reset up the series recordings.  It would then record ok, and typically the future scheduled recording came up as soon as it was in the guide for a future date, as expected.

But I have also had two shows that were sitting in scheduled recordings for a few days, and the day after one would expect it to record, I found the tile now at the very bottom, no recordings, or scheduled items as it was not in the guide yet.  I left it to see if they would come up, one did, another didn't.  Now I just delete those odd ones when they appear.

I have been trying something different as of late - I don't delete the watched show until there is a scheduled future recording showing in the tile.  I then delete the watched recordings every few days.  Haven't had any problems yet.

But as you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating, and defeats the benefit of setting series recordings if you have to keep checking.

I work with it in the same way that we all work through workarounds to try to get a semi consistent viewing experience.

Oh before I forget, for none of these shows, had the channel being broadcast on, or time, or date changed, and all had New in the guide.

It appears I am not the only one experiencing this issue as seen above.

I have rebooted my box a number of times to see if that would settle the problem out.  This is completely new to me, except for in the early stages when we all experienced some times that recordings didn't happen.

I think a lot of us have developed "superstitious" behaviours, hoping that these will resolve the problem.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Nextbox 2.0 - I can only tape 2 shows while watching 1.  Sometimes I have 3 shows scheduled to tape at the same time and one doesn't get taped - with the new Navigatr, how can I see if 3 shows are scheduled to tape at the same time?  I have purchased this box so an upgrade isn't possible.

thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@blackiesfriend wrote:

I have a Nextbox 2.0 - I can only tape 2 shows while watching 1.  Sometimes I have 3 shows scheduled to tape at the same time and one doesn't get taped - with the new Navigatr, how can I see if 3 shows are scheduled to tape at the same time?  I have purchased this box so an upgrade isn't possible.

thanks.

As you know, if you try to schedule 3 recordings in the same timeslot, you'll get a warning, giving you the option to cancel one of them.  I take it that what you're seeing is not something you've deliberately scheduled, because you would have been warned, but a new episode in a series coming off hiatus suddenly conflicting with two other shows you've scheduled in the meantime. Right? I've seen this mentioned before, but no answer. Personally, I've never seen that happen with my SA8300HD.  My guess would be that the earlier scheduled shows would take precedence and the last scheduled one would not get recorded. I presume that Navigatr does not have any mechanism to warn you should this situation come up. Yet another item for the never ending to-do list.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do you record a show that has already started?

It used to be that if you were watching a movie live, say, and you decided to go to sleep, you could just press the red record button and it would record the rest of the movie.  Usually, it would include the portion you had already watched, but if you had been switching channels it would just record from the moment that you began watching the current channel.  (So if I didn't want to record the part that I'd already seen, I'd just flip to another channel for a moment, flip back and press record)

Now how do you do record an in progress movie?  I tried pressing the red record button and nothing happened.  I tried going to the guide and pressing select with the current program and it just takes you to the live view.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello,

NB 3 9865 Navigatr since 12/18/15.

Problem with Search Results:

The following has occurred a number of times (& does not seem related to any events / issues etc).

NOTHING happens when one clicks on the results boxes.

E.G. Search for a movie title

It returns several titles but clicking on ANY of them does NOTHING.

The PVR is NOT being used (no recording or play back being done)

(No PVR scheduling)

There is no "loading..." notice or any other message.

It is not frozen etc. 

Not downloading at the time

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thank you

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gjdj wrote:

How do you record a show that has already started?

Now how do you do record an in progress movie?  I tried pressing the red record button and nothing happened.  I tried going to the guide and pressing select with the current program and it just takes you to the live view.

When you press the record button you should briefly see a pop-up that states something like "recording started". Also if you go into your list of recordings, the first tile in the list sorted by date should have a red dot on it indicating a recording in progress. Also, if you click on the tile and scroll up to the scheduled tab, that recording you just started should show.