UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gguzzo
I'm Here A Lot

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I mean really....how hard is this for rogers to add this to the MyRogers information?

Under Services: TV: My TV Package there should be a field that says:

My Channels:

Channel              Description                  Included           Cost

7                           City TV (Toronto)               Y

56                        Food Network                                         $xx/month (part of xx theme package) add now here

Really, technology is advanced enough that we can broadcast 4K, have automated billing, add a channel from my DTVbox, etc...and Rogers won't provide this simple tool that I should be (legally?) entitled to have?

Spoiler
😞
GGUZZO
ROGERS TV CUSTOMER - +15 years straight
NEXTBOX 8642HD (rental) and HD4250 (owned & IMO best Rogers Box EVER!!!)
Gguzzo
I'm Here A Lot

The more I think about this, the more I feel that I should probably look into what the CRTC states that the company's obligations are to the customer.

Hopefully the CRTC website is easier to navigate than Rogers.com

Unfortunately, this may take a while.........

I am looking to see if I can find a CRTC rule on what a TV services provider's obligations are in billing and notifying the customer about subscribed channels...

Let's see where thisgoes later tonight.....

getting out of the house now......too nice to be inside......Smiley Happy

GGUZZO
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gguzzo wrote:

1. No option to hide Unsubscribed channel like in previous software!!!

You should be able to by going to the Guide and selecting "Filter" (the red C at the top right of the screen). You will then be presented with options.

Please take a few minutes to read the following threads - they will save you hours of frustration and questions:

How To: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Issues:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Summary/Tips:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

molly222
I Plan to Stick Around

Re:  "However, I've noticed that for the past several days, I'm no longer getting these posters. I chose to reschedule a series of shows from one channel to another on the same day and after severals nights and two cold boots (one through the interafec and the other by pulling the plug), I still have no poster updates, just the basic grey frame. Same with a random series of network comedies and dramas entered last night.

Is anyone else having this issue?"

Yes...same issue here!  Although there are a few shows I have never had a picture for, i.e. 22 Minutes, Global News, Survivor...which is annoying because I know the pictures exist because it shows them on "more like this", since around Wednesday other shows have also lost their picture.  My screen now looks like a checkers board...aggravating and hard on the eyes.  I really wish we either had all pictures or all no pictures...or of course the #1 wish would be just a listing.  Every morning when I turn on my PVR I never know what I'm going to see anymore...very frustrating!

Gguzzo
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the tip on the guide. However, that really doesn't solve my issue long term. The guide doesn't seem to remember the unsubscribed channels when I change channels. Also, I am looking for s simple list of what I pay for and what I don't.

Thanks again
GGUZZO
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Repeated presses of the guide button take me to all the channels, then all my favourites. If you "filter" for subscribed, repeated presses may take you to all , then subscribed - not sure about that since I haven't used it that way.

When in the guide, the unsubscribed channels are also a different shade of colour.  Do not use the FAV button as it may disrupt the way the guide is displayed until you "re-filter".

I share your frustration with the Rogers website regarding what you're paying for, along with their various packages, which are rarely up to date.

Gguzzo
I'm Here A Lot

@57

Thanks for the tip again. I rebooted my next box and the guide function set to subscribed now works.

Thanks again.

However I still am looking for s solution to having a list of channels I pay for when I am in my account pages.

Thanks again!!!!
GGUZZO
Gguzzo
I'm Here A Lot

@stcraig

What solution should I send to Rogers?
GGUZZO
TheArcher
I Plan to Stick Around

@57

The 2nd press of Guide button always brings up the My Favourites page. The filter option enables the 1st Guide button press to be selected for Guide (All Channels), Subscribed, My Favourites, Pay Per View or Music.

Johnrc123
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gguzzo

@Gguzzo wrote:

The more I think about this, the more I feel that I should probably look into what the CRTC states that the company's obligations are to the customer.

Hopefully the CRTC website is easier to navigate than Rogers.com 

The CRTC website is very easy to get around. They make it simple to register your comment or complaint. Here's the link:

https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/rapidsccm/Default-Defaut.aspx