UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
molly222
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hi gjdj;

I also have ALL my shows missing the first minute...and you're right...it's EXTREMELY annoying.  I've had navigatr since July and this only started to happen to me with the January "2nd" edition rollout.  For me it's not a matter of how many shows recording, or taxing the system, as it happens to 100% of my recorded shows...even if you just tape one show.  I know I've seen this complaint on the forums many times before...one fix that some have suggested is to set to record 5 minutes earlier...not an option for me unfortunately as I have the NB2 and can only record 2 shows at a time...usually can't not record a program the whole hour before to catch the first minute that Navigatr is truncating off.

GDKitty...maybe you could add this issue to your list of Navigatr concerns for us?  (thanks!):smileyvery-happy:

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gjdj wrote:

1. How can we do a manual recording?  ie.  Say record channel 35 from 9 to 10pm Sunday.

2. I'm finding many of my recordings are cut off by a minute or so at the beginning. 

1. Although this was an option on RTN, it is not possible on Navigatr.

2. Some people also had this issue on RTN.  The workaround is to start/end programming 5 minutes early/late.  Most programming is aired several times, especially if you have timeshifting.  Also, do a reboot of your PVR before going to bed, provided it's not recording or set to record soon,  as some tardiness can be helped by rebooting, especially if you have a 9865 (NB3).  It may also be exacerbated if you have WHPVR.

Check out the following links - spending a few minutes reading them will save you hours of frustration and questions.

How To: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Issues List:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Issues, Tips:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Johnrc123
I Plan to Stick Around

Users should remember that they have a right to formally register complaints with the CRTC, federal government body overseeing all cable providers. In my discussions with a representative from Rogers Office of the President the following post should not warrant deletion, and in fact is mentioned on all bills issued by Rogers.

Here is the link if you wish to do so:

https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/rapidsccm/Default-Defaut.aspx

We did and found the CRTC to be responsive and helpful.
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I haven't had this happen frequently since earlier in the process, but over the last two weeks, I have had to go back to watching my recordings closely - I have had to reprogram almost every scheduled show that was set up and running fine, some on hiatus some not, because the scheduled show would not record.  I have had three that I didn't catch and went to either the Internet (Bravo) to watch the missed show, or on demand.

I thought I had it all cleaned out, but have just lost another two.

Just bringing it up, don't see any solutions, I don't plan to do a factory reset, although almost every recording has been watched, so I could if it continues.

I haven't bothered to report it, because there is no predictability to it, plus I refuse to sit on the phone or wait for a chat.

We just put up with it and work around it.

This box is a giant workaround - so now that we have told them everything we do know, what people don't like, what we do like, and how to workaround things, and demonstrated just how inefficient some of the steps are - wonder how long it will be before we hear just what Rogers plans to do.

Bruce

toolcubed
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Looks like a 4th reboot fixed both of my NB3s. They're both back to being zippy. So strange...maybe I received an update but there was nothing on the front panel (i.e. no "dnld" msg) and firmware version is the same as when navigatr first came down. @robindp, I never have/had pixelation, screen tearing, etc, even when the boxes were slow. Everything worked fine except for the terribly sluggish responsiveness which is now fixed after 4 reboots!!
fireborne
I'm Here A Lot

Navigatr was downloaded to my Nextbox 3 almost a month ago. I wasn't sure what to make of the tiles at first until I saw them populated a few hours later with posters representing each TV show. However, I've noticed that for the past several days, I'm no longer getting these posters. I chose to reschedule a series of shows from one channel to another on the same day and after severals nights and two cold boots (one through the interafec and the other by pulling the plug), I still have no poster updates, just the basic grey frame. Same with a random series of network comedies and dramas entered last night.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fireborne wrote:

...I've noticed that for the past several days, I'm no longer getting these posters.

I have never had the posters, and based on the feedback here, I'm glad I haven't so far.  In my case it may be related to the On-Demand issue which has also plagued quite a few people since November.  I can't get any OD on my 9865, or my two SA8300HDs - there are a couple of OD threads in the Rogers forum.

Gguzzo
I'm Here A Lot

First time poster. +15 years with ROGERS TV

Location Toronto

3 major issueswith latest NAVIGATR introduction:

1. No option to hide Unsubscribed channel like in previous software!!!

2. This leads to a search for my channel/basic lineup list, which I cannot find anywhere on ROOGERS.com.

3. SUUUUUUPPER SLOWWWWWWWW interaction and display!!!!!!

This is absolutely unacceptable behaviour by ROGERS to forget this option (#1) and/or ignore it.

A simple coding change can accomplish this!!

Option #1,3 Nothing is more frustrating then having to go through all channels and try to guess which I subscibe to and which ones i don't!!!

As a paying customer, I should be able to easily access which channels I subscribe to and which ones I don't.

ROGERS has been really great over the past 15 years. It just seems that the more options they add, the most important tools to judge value of the product continue to disappear!!!

QUESTION: How can I see from a channel list perspective, the channels I subscribe to?

Not a list of the channels by theme, by logo, or any other weird method!!!

Just a list of the channels and if it is is my package:

Channel                         Description             Included

6                                      CBC (Toronto)              Y

7                                      CITY (Toronto)              Y

38                                   Bravo

56                                   Food      

This is not difficult to display or to show you as the digital box already has this information and so does the account information. I just want a list so I know exactly what I am paying for and if I am missing any channel that should  be part of what I pay!!!

Thanks for letting me vent on this 

GGUZZO
ROGERS TV CUSTOMER - +15 years straight
NEXTBOX 8642HD (rental) and HD4250 (owned & IMO best Rogers Box EVER!!!)
robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Gguzzo,

I agree with the sentiment about it being super slow - my NextBox 2 PVRs (8642HD) are now very...very...slow. The NextBox HD terminal is better, but the NextBox 3 (9865HD) is the fastest - but also the most expensive. 

Rogers does not offer a customized list of channel numbers that you subscribe to - you have to rely on the guide (channels that you do not subscribe to are "greyed out" - font is a dark silver instead of white). 

Gguzzo
I'm Here A Lot

@robindp
thanks for the support on the slowwwww guide and channel surfing right now with Navigatr.....

In terms of the channel list...it simply comes down to this one simple philosophy for me...."If I am paying $xx/month for xx package and $xx for additional channels, I should be able to see in my account information which channels I receive."

No different than my cell phone plan and listing which services I receive:
xx minutes per month
xx GB per month
etc...

Boggles my mind that ROGERS won't do this.......

GGUZZO
ROGERS TV CUSTOMER - +15 years straight
NEXTBOX 8642HD (rental) and HD4250 (owned & IMO best Rogers Box EVER!!!)