UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njd
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Also wanna see the channel number and day of the week for scheduled recordings.
jmpoole
I've Been Around

Comments on Enhanced Guide

I would like to provide comments on Roger's Enhanced Guide. We find it worst than before! Not user-friendly.
1. Prints are smaller.
2. The line across the guide is unnecessary and distructing.
3. Recorded shows and tv movies are confusing. Examples: some recorded series would show 2 or more times even though we only recorded the show series once -- i.e. Chicago Med, XFiles, Scorpio, etc.
4. No need to post the poster pictures of the shows that were recorded. They're just space consuming resulting to more page up & down to navigate thru pages.
5. Regardless of whether the shows have been viewed or not, they should remain in alphabetical order (my choice of order). We noticed that once we viewed all the episodes of a show, it goes to the bottom of all the pages.

In addition to the enhanced guide, key pds on remote control should be lit so it would be easier to see when it's dark.

toolcubed
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi everyone. I have two NB3s, both running Navigatr. When Navigatr first came down on both, everything was very snappy - super fast channel changes, guide came up instantly, etc. Starting yesterday (Feb 18), everything slowed down to an absolute crawl on both boxes. I rebooted both but it didn't help at all. Everything is so sluggish that it's far worse than my experience with the NB2. Is anyone else experiencing this?

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @toolcubed,

Not my experience - NextBox 3 is fast over here in Brampton North (410/Bovaird). 

EDIT: When you do tune a channel - are you seeing video pixelation, screen tearing, video freezing, etc? If you are seeing any of these things, you might have a poor or weak signal coming to the NextBox 3, which would increase the time it takes to change channels. To be safe, I urge you to call technical support at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and speak to technical support - describe your problem and ask them to check the for signal problems. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Several people here and elsewhere have reported slowing NB3s (9865s).  I've occasionally seen the skip forward or skip back take a second or two instead of being instantaneous.  A reboot usually cures it. Let it settle for a while after the reboot and perhaps reboot it before going to bed - make sure it's not recording and that there are no scheduled recordings for the next hour or so.  When you have a slowdown, check to see if there are recordings when it happens.  Sometimes if you've got a few recordings on the go the button presses are no longer instantaneous, especially when the recording starts or finishes - when additional information is written to the hard drive.

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

toolcubed,

I had this exact problem on Wenesday night and Thursday .Called into tech support and they knew about it send a patch to my box and a reboot to load the patch.Since then ithas been back to normal.

rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If this is, in fact a bug that there is a patch for, why should every indivivual user have to call tech support to report it and get a patch downloaded? Perhaps the moderators could escalate this?????

robindp
I'm an Advisor

They are probably being cautious, given how the last few software updates went.  I agree that they should create a topic on the board - make it a sticky - advising community members.

If they want to reach more customers, stick it on the bill ... or Rogers connected ... or Rogers RedBoard ... or Rogers Facebook page ...

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did see an odd dnld on my box this morning for a little bit...

Perhaps this push out?

gjdj
I Plan to Stick Around

A question first.

How can we do a manual recording?  ie.  Say record channel 35 from 9 to 10pm Sunday.

It's a bit of an issue at the moment, because the guide just says "No Information" for channel 35.  I know the show I want to record is from 9 to 10, but I think right now the only thing I can do is record the 3 or 4 hour block labeled "No Information".  Seems a bit wasteful.  Maybe the guide will update overnight.

Secondly an observation/complaint.

I'm finding many of my recordings are cut off by a minute or so at the beginning.  I think it happens when I'm taxing the system.  Either I'm recording a bunch of shows during prime time, or I'm watching another recording.  Or even just accessing the list of recordings.  In any case, it's annoying.  I think Navigatr should be programmed to prioritize the recording of shows.  If something has to be slow make it the playback or access to the list of recordings.  I didn't have this problem with the old interface.