UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Judging by the other posts on here ROGERS you dont realy care do you?!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

NetUser20 wrote:

Judging by the other posts on here ROGERS you dont realy care do you?!

You know, I complained a few days ago about some features that have been missing since the new update. And today, I find out that I can't even see the list of recordings I've scheduled to be recorded. 

On top of that, my remote commands seem to take anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds to register. This is driving me nuts.

So yeah, I guess they don't care. 

I Plan to Stick Around

So, seeing all these posts in multiple threads, what it indicates to me is that Rogers spent millions of dollars over the last 10 years and made everyone's PVR experience much worse.

I had SARA on the NB2 when I got it. It was working fine. I told Rogers I don't want their new interface (RTN), yet they forced it on my box a few weeks later. Since then the NB2 is a chore to use, even more so with Navigatr.

My NB3 is fast enough to handle Navigatr, but my OS, (Human 1.0) constantly throws exceptions trying to use it.

Solution: Rogers should exchange all NB2s for NB3s for free, even the bought ones, as Rogers made them unuseable. Hire some real programmers, not these "coders" we have running around now who have no clue about efficient programming and UI design.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The biggest issue with Navigatr on hardware that is capable of running it is usability. More clicks required for functions than before and it is less intuitive all of which is related to bad design. As far as i understand it development was outsourced to Espial and what has been delivered is what contractors do if they aren't directed firmly. There are workarounds as users like Gdkitty have posted in this and other threads but a solid design wouldn't need workarounds.

I Plan to Stick Around

There is no such thing in the known universe as a "solid" design software or otherwise. Everything from your shoe laces to your tooth paste, from your couch to your car, from you TV through your computer to your smart phone is the result of evolution, technology change and design iteration.

Software companies love that "iteration" thingy cuz it means more development money and they are past masters at finding loopholes in any design contract to get it...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just so you guys are aware, i have crated another thread here.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Sort of a KNOWN ISSUES thread.. something as a forefront for the guys here to take forward in front when they send the collected navigatr data to the devs, higher ups, etc.

Please feel free to PM me with additions to it..  i am sure that i have missed a bunch.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Just so you guys are aware, i have crated another thread here.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Sort of a KNOWN ISSUES thread.. something as a forefront for the guys here to take forward in front when they send the collected navigatr data to the devs, higher ups, etc.

Please feel free to PM me with additions to it..  i am sure that i have missed a bunch.

Thanks Gdkitty. This would be great to be accessible somewhere so that is not lost in the growing posts and we could refer posters.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it should be stickeyed at the top of the page

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

it should be stickeyed at the top of the page

Where? (sorry can't see where and how). Should also be titled somehow to guide posters

I've Been Here Awhile

I want to delete a recording that I have scheduled.  I set Navigatr to record a series of shows on Sunday but I don't want this to happen anymore. The original "poster" for the show is not there anymore so I can't click on it.  What steps do I take to cancel these scheduled recordings?