UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@rickschlau wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I know this has already been posted but a search did not help me:

I have accidently hit the fav button on remote and can't get back into the guide.

help?

Hi,

I don't know if you got an answer yet:

I rebooted (unplugged box power for 10-30 seconds) and regular guide returned.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@YtanyaY wrote:

I didn't know what anyplace was [but see below that it's for mobile, which I don't use.....] 

If you look at my post 1369 and the links there (which you have quoted) you will see that AnyPlace is not only for mobile, but also for tablets and computers. I've been using it on my computer for 5 years.  You simply log into the website below from most web browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, IE, etc)  Click "Manage PVR" You need to have a MyRogers login for this to work.

http://www.rogersondemand.com/

I have three PVRs - one 9865 and two 8300HDs. I can interface with all of them - set recordings, see the list of recordings, see scheduled recordings, search for programming and then set the recording, etc...  Best of all, the recordings/scheduled recordings are in list format and the scheduled recordings contain information such as Channel, day, date, time.

I'm an Advisor

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Johnrc123 wrote:
... and "Home Edition" is what's used to manage a PVR with a mobile app?

Yes

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

The new Rogers Guide is not an upgrade it is slow and not user friendly. While recording you are unable to restart a program from the start you have to wait till it is over.  The display list shows the newest program first.

The system is incredibly slow. I may cancel my use as this has become unbearably frustrating. Watching TV should not be this challenging 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sweetpea4me3 wrote:

While recording you are unable to restart a program from the start you have to wait till it is over. 

This is not true. You need to click on the appropriate tile (usually the first one or one near the top of the list when sorted by date), then scroll up to the "scheduled" tab and then you can select/watch a recording that's still taking place. Please take a few minutes to read the information in the following links. It will save you hours of frustration and questions:

How To:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Summary/Tips:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I'm a Reliable Contributor

GdKitty - thanks for all of the effort you have put into that guide of yours. I do wonder why someone would expect to able to record a program and then attempt to watch the program still being recorded from the beginning of the recording.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you miss the start of the program or, want to watch the program and zip thru the commercials as you watch it, this allows you to do that.  Bell Satellite receivers have had that capability for a very long time, and, its nice to have.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Nice to have maybe but if i am recording a program then i record it and watch it later and zip through the commericals. If i record a program its because it conflicts with something else i am watching or i am not at home.