UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 8

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

One minor added note.  I do see the Ouroboros animated icon chasing its tail around and around on the top right corner of the AnyPlace TV remote PVR control screen.  Don't know exactly what that means though.

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 2,135

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@PoppaGray  There is a number of posts on anyplace TV.  At the top when you log in, you will see a search field, type in anyplace tv and you should see some suggestions.  Take a look through it.

 

Can't  help you with the home TV or multiple Set top box, as I don't have either.  We are a one digital tv home that we bought two years ago a 44" Samsung, we use a samsung Blue Ray for Smart Tv options.  We have two older tv's on the DTA-50's  I am cheap and very, very old school.

 

Maybe someone with a multi settop box or whole home set up can help poppagray with his issue.

Or try @CommunityHelps .

 

Welcome to the forum, and the wonderful world of Navigtr.  Smiley Happy

 

 

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 2,135

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hey, I just badged up to I am an advisor.  Guess I have been at this forum way too much - glad to have learned and helped as I went along.

 

I think I have worked with at least 10 different threads, mostly Navigtr, and am proud to have started the ball rolling back in July about the first upgrade.

 

Have met a lot of wonderful people along the way, some extremely knowledgeable people in various domains of the industry who really do know their stuff very very well.

 

I don't think any of us would have made this long with Navigtr if it hadn't been for the forum members.

 

Glad I was able to advise, commiserate, complain, and make recommendations along with all of you.

 

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 15

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hey Everyone,

I know this has already been posted but a search did not help me:

I have accidently hit the fav button on remote and can't get back into the guide.

help?

I'm a Senior Contributor
Posts: 196

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@57 wrote:

@PoppaGray, I strongly suggest you look into using AnyPlace Web for your computer/browser or RAPTV (app) for tablet, or the appropriate app for specific phone to do your searches and to check your list of recordings and/or scheduled recordings.

 

Even before Navigatr, I used AnyPlace/Web/Computer or RAPTV for my iPad for all my searches and the vast majority of the programming I did on the PVR.  Although it's not perfect and is down sometimes (one day per quarter and the occasional hour here or there) it's still far preferable to searching on the PVR itself, since the searches on it are so kludgy.

 

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

 

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/manage-pvr/231?setLanguage=en

 

 


Hello @57,

 

WHY should I (we / anyone) have to COMPLICATE our lives to use something that lacks even basic fundamentals?

 

IMO, judging from the similar comments here (going back to July 2015) Rogers isn't intending on doing ANYTHING about this!

 

We aren't getting discounts - in fact the rates are INCREASING: The following is a quote from my "Important Information about your services and rates." letter from Rogers:

"... we're committed to bringing you the highest quality entertainment and communications. It's what drives us to invest in our network and bring you faster internet speeds, reliable home phone service, and the latest TV shows, movies and sports you love to watch."

(And used to be able to watch)

"To continue delivering the best possible service, we'll be increasing our rates for certain services. ...."

(It appears to be ALL services - what did they leave out??)

 

SO, since I think I am paying enough (_far_too_much_) I really don't feel like going through extra steps to do a simple procedure like "searching", recording, finding (in my recordings) and watching the HIGHEST digitalizationized (?digitalized?) quality anywhere.

 

Confusion about $ / rates: I think advertisements co$t money to run.

Rogers' commercials are taking up MORE and MORE time on the TV ...

It would seem that more and more of the $ I pay is supporting {fact_challanged} adds.

 

Could someone please explain the “chain of custody” of the money: from payment to “investing in our network” I.E. how the money I <RELUCTANTLY> give to Rogers for my "services" is invested "in our network" (but seems to be used <instead> for abnormally long and frequent commercials)

How do commercials fit into investing in our network?

 

FWIW - I have been seeing a number of cable company trucks (NOT ROGERS) in my area.

 

Thank you!

 

 

 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,545

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@YtanyaY wrote:



Hello @57,

 

1. WHY should I (we / anyone) have to COMPLICATE our lives to use something that lacks even basic fundamentals?

 

2. FWIW - I have been seeing a number of cable company trucks (NOT ROGERS) in my area.


 

1. Hey, you have a choice. You can make your life easier, or you can make it hard.  As I mentioned, I've been using AnyPlace for searches long before Navigatr existed and it's fewer steps, it shows lists and additional options for recording/scheduling.  It also allows you to interface with your PVR when you're not at home - say at work or on vacation.

 

2. I doubt you have. You may have seen trucks from another provider, but Cable Companies almost never overlap areas

 

 



I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,414

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@PoppaGray wrote:

One minor added note.  I do see the Ouroboros animated icon chasing its tail around and around on the top right corner of the AnyPlace TV remote PVR control screen.  Don't know exactly what that means though.


AnyPlace TV is an app for mobile devices. The web app is at http://www.rogersondemand.com/ and then you click Manage PVR at the top and sign in.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 34

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

... and "Home Edition" is what's used to manage a PVR with a mobile app?
I'm an Advisor
Posts: 480

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@BS wrote:

Hey, I just badged up to I am an advisor.  Guess I have been at this forum way too much - glad to have learned and helped as I went along.

 

I think I have worked with at least 10 different threads, mostly Navigtr, and am proud to have started the ball rolling back in July about the first upgrade.

 

Have met a lot of wonderful people along the way, some extremely knowledgeable people in various domains of the industry who really do know their stuff very very well.

 

I don't think any of us would have made this long with Navigtr if it hadn't been for the forum members.

 

Glad I was able to advise, commiserate, complain, and make recommendations along with all of you.

 

Bruce


 

@BS  Congrats on your promotion.

I think the best think about Navigatr is that we talk about it so much that we do not have time to watch TV !

But it is still park backwards !

I'm a Senior Contributor
Posts: 196

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016


@57 wrote:

@YtanyaY wrote:



Hello @57,

 

1. WHY should I (we / anyone) have to COMPLICATE our lives to use something that lacks even basic fundamentals?

 

2. FWIW - I have been seeing a number of cable company trucks (NOT ROGERS) in my area.


 

1. Hey, you have a choice. You can make your life easier, or you can make it hard.  As I mentioned, I've been using AnyPlace for searches long before Navigatr existed and it's fewer steps, it shows lists and additional options for recording/scheduling.  It also allows you to interface with your PVR when you're not at home - say at work or on vacation.

 

2. I doubt you have. You may have seen trucks from another provider, but Cable Companies almost never overlap areas

 

 


Hi

1. I have to apologize because my post was supposed to be directed ONLY at Rogers....

From my Navigatr experience:  they installed something that does not do what it is supposed to do and IMO interferes with other functions.

I was able to search before Navigatr (not too well) but now the results are usually nonsense.

IMO, one should be able to hit search with the remote and get logical results.

(Without doing anything else).

 

I didn't know what anyplace was [but see below that it's for mobile, which I don't use.....] 

 

2. Don't know terminology but this is what I meant by "company"

All companies | Canadian Outages

http://canadianoutages.com/companies

There are a few different ones on my street.

 

 

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.