UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@mg12 wrote:

Can i return to the old guide?

No you cannot.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Customer01 wrote:

@BS wrote:

But do keep an  eye on whether those future recordings that are not in the guide yet to see if they actually get scheduled - sometimes they don't and you will need to delete that future one with nothing in it, and reset the show up again.

Bruce

But why are we all having to double and triple check, redo and check again, all the time?  What kind of a service is this, that we are all paying for?  A stunning failure by Rogers.

@Customer01  - I just spent two days digging through set up scheduled series that were hanging as zombies, and not showing up.  The absence of any information on the zombie scheduled item such as date, time, channel, we really don't know if it has changed, so I now check daily to see if a zombie scheduled item is coming up in the next week and in the guide.  If it is and it hasn't moved up to scheduled, I delete it, then go and choose the one in the guide and completely reset it up.

I agree, why should we have to do all this work and frustration, rather than just enjoying our recorded content. It is very poor design, and they don't seem to either want to admit that they blew it, or even acknowledge that they will look into fixing it.

I had thought I knew every thing about this mess and the workarounds, but this one has me stumped.  Anyone got any suggestions.

And to answer your question directly, this is lousy service we are paying for, each of has our reasons why we have not moved on, while others have, and yes, it is an absolutely stunning failure and no amount of sorries, for inconvience, that we don't like the new interface, and the many other phrases we have heard gives us any answers, or even any acknowledgement that our concerns are valid, or what they are doing to fix them.

Oh well, I and so many others have said the same thing so many times, and we know we hear silence, or sorries, and maybe after 5 months they will fix a couple of things.  We are 2 months in from December, one month from January stop on the power saver, and then there has been another build, which we have never even been told about, or what it was for.  So maybe three more months.

And the worst part for me is that I am not typically a complainer, I have confidence in people and companies to deal with my concerns, and I am a problem solver who can be very patient if I am kept up to date.

So I will compliment all who have expressed their views and been as patient as one could expect.

Bruce

I'm an Advisor

@mg12 wrote:

I like to record shows on my pvr.  Sometimes I want to begin to view when its only half recorded but I can't seem to do that with the new format.  I had no trouble with this the way it was before.  I also find the guide more difficult to see.  The print is lighter and also the length of show is no longer shown.  Can i return to the old guide?

Should work fine.

The program being recorded is at the top when you hit [list].

Just go to it and watch.

BTW:  This is one of the fixes in the "new improved" Navgatr over the JULY28 version.

It required you to search out and find the red-dot in your plie-of-tiles and if a series inside a tile.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Marchend wrote:

Without going through 133 pages of posts has there been any feedback from Rogers on the glaring issues with the new Navigator system?

Quite simply, no.

I'm an Advisor

@BS re NCIS:

Recording only new can be problematic as some new shows are not labelled as such in the guide.

Recall the fun a few of us had with the DAILY SHOW a few montrhs back.

The PVR records on the channel you selected, though it neglects to tell you which that is.

What also may be confusing you is "similateous substitution".

So you see Globals logo (and Canadian commercials) if you watch/record NCIS on the CBS channel.

I Plan to Stick Around

A new discovery:  Navigatr doesn't know the difference between tennis and golf!  I searched Tennis, got Australian Open as an answer, and it turned out to be Australian Open golf!  This is getting silly.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Ditto to customer01 - only acknowledgements is the occassional response that our concerns are being read and sent to the relevant teams, notices when rollouts are coming or stopped, but like the most recent rollout - nothing was said.

So, not only this 133 pages, but go to the other threads related to this product, and the thread started in July on the first rollout, there really has not been any response of any meaning at all.

Anything of meaning or help has primarily come from us the forum users.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@park  Yes we have been at it for a while - maybe it was better when we couldn't see the future zombie scheduled items.

Oh and yes, I do remember the number of weeks we floundered through trying to figure out how to record a weeks recordings of the Late Night Show - I still lose some of Friday shows now and then.

So answer, I continue to do as I always have - double check on a regular basis, but that is not unique to this version, it precedes us on RTN as well.

Ahh so much fun - take care Mr Park and remember to walk backwards now and then when you go to the park.Smiley Happy

Bruce

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mg12 wrote:

I like to record shows on my pvr.  Sometimes I want to begin to view when its only half recorded but I can't seem to do that with the new format.  I had no trouble with this the way it was before.  I also find the guide more difficult to see.  The print is lighter and also the length of show is no longer shown.  Can i return to the old guide?

@mg12

You are able to watch what was part way thought.
Find your show, whatever it may be.. and go into the tile for that.

Be default should bring you to the RECORDED section for that show.  There will not be anything in that RECORDED section though.. it doesnt show there till the recording is FINISHED.

If you press up, it will select the recorded tab.. move over to the sheduled tab.  Should show you the one recording right now.  It should give you the option to watch there.

I'm an Advisor

@BS I like that the new improved Navigatr shows what some call "zombies".  They were always there and Navigatr has them at the end where they should be.  If they will ever record something it is > 6 days out. 

Though I guess some neat freaks might wanna check them  out daily 😉

Time to take my dog to the park for a park backwards !