UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@LindaLGibson wrote:
Hope you all get this. I was totally fed up with new system after two weeks. Switched to bell yesterday. It is totally amazing.

Fibe or satellite?

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I change the view on the new Netbox Navigator from the default thumbnail view to text only view?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Marchend,

The list view no longer exists. It was removed and is not part of the new Navigatr software. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Are thyere any plans to add a list option in the future as the thumbnails often have the title truncated making searches extremly difficault to perform:

• you now have to go into a thumbail to see the record date
  • if a show does not have a thumbnail image and the title is too long you now have to click on the image to get the full title.

I'm an Advisor

We all hope so, but don't know. The removal of list view is one of the primary issues with the Navigatr software. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is an interesting one - my 25 year old daughter came home for the weekend. She was still living at home in July until November, so she had seen all the challenges that we had dealing with the new interface, and its poor integration with the underlying functions of PVR, freezing.

When she looked at the box this weekend, she said, "Hey, the pictures are pretty".  We then showed her how ackward it remains to do anything with those "pretty picture", and she said, why not a choice for tiles or a list..

She then commented that if they had an app that had those same times on a tablet, that she could see the benefits of the tiles as you could just swipe up and down and either direction, build a larger layout of tiles, as you could just easily swipe through them.  Maybe this is where they are taking us, but one, I don't own a tablet, two you wouldn't do this on a phone, and so we have a visually designed interface, using a standard, curser, arror, enter model of an analogue remote control.  It creates a model that requires many, many more clicks (or steps), that contradicts their whole marketing model.  Rogers refuses to acknowledge that the whole use of the remote requires more clicks, in particular in the PVR to manage our recordings.

But, they certainly are "pretty pictures".  Maybe the answer to the, "sorry that you don't like our new interface", is there anything I can do for you?

We respond, I like the pretty pictures, and the pretty looking guide, but allow me to describe the steps to access a video, delete a video, see future recordings, turn on and off CC and a number of other things, compared to the old model - now you tell me what exactly I don't like about the guide - can you give me a few things as to how the guide will improve my experience, and how this involves less steps.

But, those pictures certainly are nice.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the funny thing is, it looks almost like the Plex app on my tablet - but the Plex app lets you toggle between tile view and list view

if Plex can do that, why can't Rogers??

I've Been Here Awhile

Without going through 133 pages of posts has there been any feedback from Rogers on the glaring issues with the new Navigator system?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have just about given up complaining about the cumbersome functionality of Navigatr . I do hope that there is an improvement upgrade in the works and available soon. (I'm an optimist)   But .... Please, Please, make the addition of the time and channel information available in scheduled recordings.

I'm an Advisor

@BS wrote:  But, those pictures certainly are nice.

Especially the one for "Mayday"  

Has nothing to do with airplane disasters and has tiny tiny printing on it too !