UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

How would Object Oriented Programming keep customers from leaving? That is what OOP is short for. Office of the President would be OOTP if anything

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1945mdh wrote:
Bruce - I've had the same problem - with NCIS variants and other programs. I usually find a "Zombie" tile at the bottom - nothing scheduled or recorded. Nothing in the tiles above. When I go to reschedule it I'm told it's already there.

I'm now reviewing every scheduled recording - every night - and usually deleting and reentering everything.

I just wonder at my new enhanced viewing experience.

Mike

From my experience, you'll see 3 'types' of tiles.

Closest to the top, will be the ones that have a recording of anything in it... may also have a scheduled one too.

Following that, will be the ones that JUST have scheduled recordings (and have the date usually on the tile)

Those 'zombie' tiles at the bottom.. are your 'series' recording tiles.  That there is a SCHEDULE for the series. 
So you could go in and change the shedule settings, etc..  but there is NO new schedule for it that has come up yet to show up with a 'date' that its scheduled for the next week, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

I reecntly re booted my digital top box and now navigatr will not save recording settings ie time start ...time finish

I Plan to Stick Around

Gdkitty:

I've seen all three of those "types" too. The ones I dealt with last night were "zombies" that should have shown a scheduled program for that night. Sometimes when I check on a "zombie" I can go to the guide and see if the program is scheduled. (red dots) It usually isn't. If I click on the "zombie" and return to the guide, the dots magically appear. But not always.

It's the inconsistency that drives me wild.

truly an enhanced viewing experience.
I'm Here A Lot

Can the search feature criteria be changed on the new Navigator guide like with the previous search ?

i.e. Want to only search for TV shows and not on demand listings ?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Even though a purchased box is cheaper after 2 years  your situation is a great argument for renting. A PVR is just a computer that, like all computers, eventually becomes a doorstop. Applications are developed by software companies for the more current hardware and not the aging equipment. Rogers is no different from Microsoft in that regard. I agree that the pictures are unnecessary but the younger market is what they are aiming and they love visuals

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Navigatr is still a steaming pile of....

But if it helps I found one small work around to get around the nit of the FAV button locking into the favourites guide.  What I did was program it to act the same as the guide button.  Meaning you can use it to toggle between both guides.

Press CBL
Press and hold SETUP for 3 seconds until the CBL LED blinks twice
Press 9-9-4
Press GUIDE
Press FAV

Now that's a customer created solution.  How about some solutions from you Rogers?  Maybe start with the horrible recorded lists, specifically;
  • Stop combining recorded with scheduled, and lying about the fact that it's not like that on your systems
  • Allow lists, leave the cards for folks who want them, bring back lists for the other 98%
  • If you wanna make some improvments on top of the bug fixes, try allowing some sort functions (date, type etc)
I'm Here A Lot

It has been suggested by other posters that we should voice our feelings about this new Navigator guide.  I do not

like it at all.  I would prefer to have the previous one restored.

The search feature is the one I find the most frustrating.  Previously when you did a search you could change the

criteria to just TV - I can't figure out how to do this and it's very frustrating.  I have asked on the forum and I get

referred to a link that I can't see the answer in either. 

The previous version showed a list of the programs that were available and was categorized in my recordings by

new and scheduled.  Now you have to change the options and save the choice if you want to only see scheduled

recordings or see all recordings.

I also do not like that when you get your search results you can't see what date it is from.

The whole new guide seems too complicated and not user friendly. I can't imagine an older person trying to

deal with it.

I hope whoever decided to change to this new Navigator reads users comments and takes them into consideration.

I Plan to Stick Around

@BS wrote:

The figure I saw in a financial report was something like 1-3 million (as it was software, without any hardward costs) and customization costs I am sure.

No way to go back it seems - likely with the change with Cisco getting out of setboxes.

Things went totally south on this rollout of new technology and now we have to deal with it, along with all those poor people in various levels os support who have been given the marketing lines, some token trouble shooting tasks, but no information on what really is going on, or if they know they have been ordered to not tell.  I suspect it has been kept behind closed doors way on high, because no one at Rogers seems willing to show their cards, so we have lots of rumour, confusion, mismessages from staff, frustration, anger, people leaving and moving on, and this is certainly not living up to their desire to improved customer service.

Bruce

Yes, interviews with the new President when he first came in mention a new emphasis on customer relations and service.  Whatever progress was made has been destroyed by this.

I Plan to Stick Around

@BS wrote:

But do keep an  eye on whether those future recordings that are not in the guide yet to see if they actually get scheduled - sometimes they don't and you will need to delete that future one with nothing in it, and reset the show up again.

Bruce

But why are we all having to double and triple check, redo and check again, all the time?  What kind of a service is this, that we are all paying for?  A stunning failure by Rogers.