UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

The hardware is a computer and if it was slow before Navigatr and is slower now than before you appear to have a hardware problem, ie a box that is too old and doesn't have a powerful enough CPU. If it isn't old then it is defective because my 9865HD isn't slow but can't overcome usability issues

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think Rogers is fighting battles at many ends including Navigatr's introduction. In March by CRTC ruling Rogers and other providers are going to abide by the purchase of only channels you want. Not sure if this figures into technologies but can't help but feel that attractiveness of programming is going to be critical to Rogers bottom line. Right now they are not fairing too well.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We have 2 netbox 2.0 that were slow to begin with. Between the 2 we have about 800 dollars invested and they were horribly slow to begin with.

We are done. A kodi box is coming and as soon as we figure the ins and our Rogers is gone.

These boxes are now the slowest pieces of **** we have ever seen.

Thanks for taking our money and making cable tv miserable.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@sepandee wrote:

The other thing is pressing the info button when watching previously recorded TV. It would continue playing, and I could still see and select the different options (such as CC), but now, not only does the recording stop as you navigate to the new information page, but I also can't find options such as turning CC on/off. Am I missing something?

Something even more idiotic... Start with pressing info and the recording stops.  Ok, a (poor) design choice but let's assume it makes sense to pause and that Rogers developers know best.  Now that you are on the info screen with a paused recording press the search button... the recording starts to play again. So, if the design was to pause a recording while the user is pounding on some buttons why doesn't it stay paused? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it is time that we all faced up to the fact that Rogers bit the dust with Navigatr. Despite the effort of many on here to provide work arounds on how to use this abomination, the fact of the matter is that Rogers blew it, refuses to admit it, and could care less about the customer experience.  This thread has 130 pages, the previous Navigatr thread had over 170 pages, not to mention various sub threads on specific topics. The only real solution is to cancel cable with Rogers and switch providers. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The search feature doesn't work on this new menu that changed. I tried to do a search on a show to see when it's going to be on next and on what channel and it only showed me one time period. However, when I painstakingly went through the guide, there were many so I don't know what kind of search feature that is.

The old menu used to provide search results for the show in every channel at every time on any given day. With this new menu junk that Rogers has forced us to use, we're screwed for entertainment. We should all hand over our PVR's back to them. Our complaints will never be heard.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It isn't faster at all. It takes me much longer to arrange my shows for taping. This new menu has everyone complaining but Rogers will never, never do anything about it

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is not solved. The menu sucks and Rogers should do something about it by bringing the old one back

I Plan to Stick Around

I am on a purchased box and this is the worst menu that Rogers has forced customers to use. It's slow and time consuming when trying to arrange the timing of your show and those stupid pictures for your shows are ludicrous. A listing was perfectly fine.

I think customers should start sending the PVR's back to Rogers and maybe then they will listen to us.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know how much it cost Rogers to develop or buy this new software. In any case is a complete waste of time and money. They should go back to the previous software. I am sure nobody would lament the loss of NAVIGATR.  Rogers looked for a solution to a problem that didn't exist and created a problem in the process.