UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@SB28 wrote:

Not sure if anybody has complained about this (too many complaints to go through) or if Rogers even looks at all the complaints, but my complaint (of many) is about the guide.  Whenever you switch to a different day, it automatically goes back to current time, instead of the time your were already at.  So says it's 2:00 pm and you want to schedule primetime shows for multiple days.  I'll go to 8:00 pm, schedule the show.  Then switch to next day, it automatically goes back to 2:00 pm and I have to scroll over to 8:00 pm again for each day.

Use the DAY +/- button on your remote and it won't revert to the current clock.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@robindp @DrMike

I agree about the 3rd party. I have called Rogers to alert them about some of these problems. Example, I set my PVR to record "the Daily Show with Trevor Noah" every day it is on. But for some reason, it started calling it "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" even though Jon Steward left last year and it hasn't been called that since Trevor Noah took over. Result - I wasn't getting the recordings, so I had to set up a repeat recording for the wrong title.

As for the shows running a minute longer or starting a minute later, it used to be a problem and I had to resort to your method. But lately, the program guide takes it into consideration. But it can still be a problem when the networks run the show to the last second and you can lose several seconds at the end and sometimes miss a punchline.

I Plan to Stick Around

Solution  is , record the show before and te show after , Then you can delete all after weiving . 

I've Been Around

Navigatr is the biggest piece of garbage ever. It has never been so agonizing to watch TV. Is there anyway to roll back my software? The guide moves at a snails pace and the list functionaility is horrendous. The layout is poor and why oh why is there an agonizing delay to move around. Thinks such as hitting info on a recorded show or deleting a show have become so cumbersome. Hopefully there is a way to roll this back or this might actually be enough for me to call it quits.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Frustrated121,

There is no way to roll back to the previous version of the software, unfortunately. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like Rogers must have now deleted the "likes" button as nothing happens when you click on it!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Read the parable on the tale of 2 cities , that will tell you a lot , what the mind perceives , that is what the individual will see .

Right now Navigat is on BETA testing for glitches , there will be an update after April 15 it will make it 10 times faster than the old one . also you have to get used to it , check setting for the BAR on your screen , Like Ted said , the best is yet to come , don't be pessimistic . The Cinema movie house , video store , entertainment , all in one package in your own abode , how good is that . Or you can rent a VCR tape from the local store and view it on your Box TV not flat screen and have to return the tape the next day in minus 20 weather hailing transportation , fuel or call a friend .

As a Pilot will say , runway ahead of you is of value , runway behind you is worthless . the only constant is change Albert .
E=MC-squared . Also have a separate monitor for the tv channels so it will not interrupt your viewing your favorite show .

On your remote you have a red record button , press when you want to record press again to stop watch recording then delete . Go to guide , search show press remind and or record and similar programs or the whole series , don't forget to delete what you seen , the best ability of our brains is the ability to forget . You have only so much room or so much time , like the eye is bigger than your stomach , how much food do you put on your plate and don't eat some of it , or can you save it for another time , think .

Rogers like " G " is watching you all the time , knows everything and does the best that will be to help the whole as one can be , no individual requests please , he will do only what is good to the whole community as one , all for one and one for all , Dartagnann

Also try time shift watching on different channels different zones .

Remember the days you had to program your old VCR , now it is like programming your digital time piece , and I have to speak or write in parables , big R is editing and moderating me like a Hawk , Soooo know your equipment and know how to handle and operate it , that is why you have a drivers licence to drive you vehicle be it commercial or pleasure or 18 wheeler or tractor trailer air brakes etc . Know you equipment and read first the manual . That is why lawyers get the big bucks to read the small print . Shirley Temple .

About Garbage , Barbra Streisand said once , spread it ( fertilizer ) all over to make things grow , But if you pile it up in one place it will stink , that is an analogy to money , no wonder they call it green backs . Just be patient and read the settings to understand it more completely , people complain more about things they don't know or do not understand , read and learn . .

Has no useful purpose any more the survey is over , Can use it for favorites now . All the music and videos are now in the data bank solid state HD's for asking on DEMAND . New shows are being added to the data base constantly , cloud infra structure is using the same technique on the etheric , When you record and store something you are sending a code for that particular item that is already in the data base , and you can retrieve it by sending the same code and receive a better quality rendering of your item as an original . Victor A. Segno .

Different channels will show same content in different times , some channels you might not be able to get , programming restrictions or your subscription package ,

I'm an Advisor

@VITALLY wrote:
Different channels will show same content in different times , some channels you might not be able to get , programming restrictions or your subscription package ,

Hello @VITALLY,

It is hard to follow who you are replying to as there are many posts in this thread.  It would help if you hit "QUOTE" (top-right of the message compose area) to include the post you are replying to. 

I am starting to do this myself, makes things easier to follow.  Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@VITALLY wrote:

Solution  is , record the show before and te show after , Then you can delete all after weiving . 

Thanks for the tip @VITALLY. Can you tell us how to accomplish this for recording a series?

That would be extremely helpful.

Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

@VITALLY wrote:

Read the parable on the tale of 2 cities , that will tell you a lot , what the mind perceives , that is what the individual will see .

Right now Navigat is on BETA testing for glitches , there will be an update after April 15 it will make it 10 times faster than the old one . also you have to get used to it , check setting for the BAR on your screen , Like Ted said , the best is yet to come , don't be pessimistic . The Cinema movie house , video store , entertainment , all in one package in your own abode , how good is that . Or you can rent a VCR tape from the local store and view it on your Box TV not flat screen and have to return the tape the next day in minus 20 weather hailing transportation , fuel or call a friend .

As a Pilot will say , runway ahead of you is of value , runway behind you is worthless . the only constant is change Albert .
E=MC-squared . Also have a separate monitor for the tv channels so it will not interrupt your viewing your favorite show .

On your remote you have a red record button , press when you want to record press again to stop watch recording then delete . Go to guide , search show press remind and or record and similar programs or the whole series , don't forget to delete what you seen , the best ability of our brains is the ability to forget . You have only so much room or so much time , like the eye is bigger than your stomach , how much food do you put on your plate and don't eat some of it , or can you save it for another time , think .

Rogers like " G " is watching you all the time , knows everything and does the best that will be to help the whole as one can be , no individual requests please , he will do only what is good to the whole community as one , all for one and one for all , Dartagnann

Also try time shift watching on different channels different zones .

Remember the days you had to program your old VCR , now it is like programming your digital time piece , and I have to speak or write in parables , big R is editing and moderating me like a Hawk , Soooo know your equipment and know how to handle and operate it , that is why you have a drivers licence to drive you vehicle be it commercial or pleasure or 18 wheeler or tractor trailer air brakes etc . Know you equipment and read first the manual . That is why lawyers get the big bucks to read the small print . Shirley Temple .

About Garbage , Barbra Streisand said once , spread it ( fertilizer ) all over to make things grow , But if you pile it up in one place it will stink , that is an analogy to money , no wonder they call it green backs . Just be patient and read the settings to understand it more completely , people complain more about things they don't know or do not understand , read and learn . .

Has no useful purpose any more the survey is over , Can use it for favorites now . All the music and videos are now in the data bank solid state HD's for asking on DEMAND . New shows are being added to the data base constantly , cloud infra structure is using the same technique on the etheric , When you record and store something you are sending a code for that particular item that is already in the data base , and you can retrieve it by sending the same code and receive a better quality rendering of your item as an original . Victor A. Segno .

@VITALLY,

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to say but it sounds like you're suggesting Navigatr was released NINE MONTHS before it's time, and that we are currently being subjected to BETA software. I have to agree with some aspects of this, however what was released back in July wouldn't qualify as being alpha-ready and I certainly wouldn't consider the latest implementation suitably ready for even a controlled release! 

I find it hard to believe that anyone would suggest that operating Navigatr is simpler than programming a VCR. I can only surmise that you've never actually tried USING Navigatr otherwise you would realize just how wrong this comparison is.

Out of curiosity, can you let us know where we can find a copy of the manual you're alluding to? I am pretty sure everyone would be more than happy to read it from cover to cover if it meant providing even the slightest improvement to the user experience with our beloved Navigatr. 

The real problem is that it used to be simple and intuitive to operate pretty much any of the previous versions of PVR software, yet Navigatr has taken it to a completely new level of difficult and user-hostile!

If I am off the mark here, then please give us one example of something that Navigatr does better than any of the previous versions of software ... and in fewer steps?

Cheers