UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

And the Idea Box was a great suggestion. Where the suggestions end up going is a whole other story. After all you did highlight a significant statement "The most popular ideas, as selected by users, may be reviewed by Rogers for their business potential and viability. " "May be reviewed" and "business potential and viability" are loaded statements. Things that were implemented that some people just don't like probably fall to the wayside when viability comes into play. Bugs should be fixed especially if everyone has the experience but some things that have been identified like runaway recordings, freezing and constant rebooting i have never seen.

I Plan to Stick Around

According to a Facebook post, all suggestions and ideas regarding Navigatr are forwarded to the Rogers Centre of Excellence. I wonder if this is a newly created department! LOL!

I Plan to Stick Around

Issues with NB3.

Navigatr PVR should show, in addition to date, and station ID the day (Mon, Tues, ...) time, duration and channel number (7, 9, 522...) of a recorded show and a scheduled recording.

If I'm watching a TV show and decide to record it, for esample I have to leave in the middle, I should have the ability to get the entire show recorded and not just record the show going forward from when I pushed "record" after all, I'm in a position where I can "rewind"...

Regards...

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The not being able to record the entire show when it has already started is not an NB3 issue. That was there before the rollout of Navigatr on many stations

I Plan to Stick Around

So whereas previously I was able with one click to see ALL of my pre-scheduled programs for at least a week ahead or longer, now I have been forced to go to each INDIVIDUAL program folder to see if and when that particular program is scheduled for!!!

With approximatley 12 programs pre-scheduled this is now a very laborious and time consuming process!!

Also while I was watching a recorded program I was previously able to click on the OK button to bring up the program information and time lapsed and remaining.

Rogers has really moved backwards to the dinosaur age!!

I've Been Around

Here are my concerns with the new Navigator:

1.  Font size on GUIDE screen is too small.

2.  PVR list option should group all shows by name, not by name and channel.

3.  In PVR list, there should be an option to turn off the large picture/icons and revert to a simple list.

4.  In PVR list, when you exit a show and go back to the recordings listing, you should go back to where you left off, not back up to the top of the list.

5.  In PVR list, there does not appear to be an option to EASILY screen out scheduled recordings.   Most of the time, when I am in the LIST option, I only want to see what has been recorded. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Any idea when the Ottawa area will be getting the update?

I'm an Advisor

@thegrieves wrote:

Here are my concerns with the new Navigator:

1.  Font size on GUIDE screen is too small.

2.  PVR list option should group all shows by name, not by name and channel.

3.  In PVR list, there should be an option to turn off the large picture/icons and revert to a simple list.

4.  In PVR list, when you exit a show and go back to the recordings listing, you should go back to where you left off, not back up to the top of the list.

5.  In PVR list, there does not appear to be an option to EASILY screen out scheduled recordings.   Most of the time, when I am in the LIST option, I only want to see what has been recorded. 

Agree except  add a bit to #5 We'd like to know EASILY know whats scheduled as well.

and of course

6. CC should be a heck of a lot easier. Preferably one button ino matter where we  are: live TV, recorded program, ON demand etc..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Espo035 wrote:

Any idea when the Ottawa area will be getting the update?

Maybe a rogers mod can confirm.. but i thought that it was rolled out completely?

Older boxes on SARA will not get it.

No error messages on the front of the box?

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Espo035,

Welcome to the community!

@Gdkitty is correct, all Navigatr rollouts have been completed, as of last week Friday.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

If you have not yet received the update, then it would be due to a technical problem.  As mentioned, is there any error message being generated on the front of the box? 

Please let us know.

RogersCilio