Unfortunately in my opinion Rogers has gone and taken a previously very easy, viable and smooth functioning system and turned it into a monster!
Another issue I have is that previously all of the recordings of one series, e.g. NCIS, were grouped together irrespective of the number of recordings and/or dates. Now for some inexpicable reason I have 4 or 5 different "folders' which do not clearly show the dates recorded and sequence of the recordings.
There are numerous other time consuming and slow issues which never existed before.
A real nightmare and is making me seiously considering cancelling my Rogers account and moving elsewhere.
What I would like to see is this, affter selecting LIST:
1) There should be a 'persistent' set filter links. just above the top row of images, or top of screen, for:
All Recorded Recording Now Scheduled Unwatched
These links would filter the list accordingly, and would always be visible regardless of what filter, if any, is in place.
2) As well there should be two other 'persistent' sort links, jsut above the top row of images, or top of screen, for:
Alphabetic Newest Oldest
These links would sort the list accordingly, and would always be visible regardless of what filter or sort, if any, is in place.
IF this was changed for a reason.. they thought that people wanted it THIS way..
That's a big IF! There are many instances with Navigatr that would indicate little or no thought, or discussion, or testing, went into many of the options/menus in the new firmware.
Your not the only one with those feelings
For the you seeing multiple for the one show..
I beleive i figured out WHY it does it.
My opinion it SHOULDNT.. and should be FIXED.
In the old one, all NCIS, regardless of how/where, were together (as long as the title was the same)
With this, seems to seperate them based on:
These all make it break down into multiple folders.
To even make this semi usable, needs to make them all group together, as they were before.
Just make sure each recording, each schedule, etc inside the folder shows the specific channel, etc on the listing there.
I have found that functionality is missing is this "forced" Navigatr upgrade. I am all for making the experience better for the customer, but NOT at the expense of functionality. The new changes may look "pretty" to someone else, but at the end of the day we want something that IMPROVES or ENHANCES functionality, speed, customization and visual experience. Removing functionality decreases customer satisfaction and trust.
(1) I can no longer filter on "TV" and "On-Demand".
(2) I get search results in the form of tiles. At a first glance, the tile does not tell me if it's a TV program (upcoming) or On-Demand. I have to click each one to find that information; I can't even hover on it and see details.
(3) Please make the keyboard QWERTY.
(1) The tiles (again) do not tell me: date, time, or channel on the front-end. I have to waste time clicking into each one.
(2) How do you change the Sort option?
(3) The ability to simply change from "recorded" tab to "scheduled recordings" tab is missing. I do not like that I have to scroll to the bottom to see scheduled items; integrated with the "recorded" list. This doesn't make sense to me.
(4) If I click on a tile called "X-Files", make a change and exit, I want to be returned, where I left off alphabetically, in the list. Right now I am forced back to the top of the list and I have to scroll back down to where I was.
(5) There is no option to have the current live stream of TV to be visible in a little box while perusing the List. Akin to how the little TV box is present while perusing the Guide. I think that this should be an option.
(6) The process of setting up a recording feels clunky to me. I'd like to see all options at the same time (at a glance), instead of having to scroll down, then scroll all the way to the top to exit and save.
(7) A new feature to warn us of duplicate recordings would have been very useful. So, if I set X-Files to tape on one channel at 9:00pm, have the system pop-up a warning if there is already a recording set up for X-Files on another channel, at the same time. This would allow us to refine our recording set-ups and also help to save on space.
(1) I like that the option to record series is available at the time you set up a recording. Thank you!
Well True, at least from a CUSTOMER standpoint.
It was more likely, some marketing guy, saying "This is what is HIP and what people will like" and someone beleiving them.
There are tons of people on here.. who would GLADLY voulenteen for REAL WORLD user testing for new things, to help prevent these things from happening.
I agree 100%. The customer should always be an integral part of the development process from beginning to end. I would have been more than happy to be involved in BETA testing or asked for features I would like to see in future releases. This is IT Development 101.
As taught in school perhaps but not in real life. Does Microsoft ask customers what they want?
What I LOVE about the new Navigatr Guide:
I would like to mention a new feature that I absolutely love... The Mini Guide. Very convenient for channel surfing. Very much an improvement over the previous version. Bravo.