UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

That is one thing that i have mentioned on here.. that they need to still fix on this version.

Stuff IS sorted into folders.  Well mostly.
(and this is where the fix needs to come).

In the previous guide, it would put them in folders, based on the SHOW TITLE.  Assuming the same, no matter the channel, etc.. would group together.

The new one does this.. Partially.
If you set a SERIES recording (show X on date Y).. where it handles the scheduling, etc.. it will group them all in the one folder.
A manual hand set recording (selecting off the list and saying you want to record it the one time), even if the same show, etc.. causes its OWN folder. So if there was a marathon, and you set manual for each of them in a row, would give you a seperate one each.

Channel Specific.. so even if you have a series recording say set for CTV on its lower channel.. you set a series one for the higher channel.. it would give a seperate folder.

These need to be grouped together under the one folder/tile.. like in the prev version.

I've Been Around

Hi! I'm finding that that new navigatr system is really laggy - each time that I press a button it takes a few seconds for the action to happen.  Lots of times I press the button again, thinking that maybe I didn't press it, and then by the time everything happens I've overshot what I was trying to navigate.  It's really frustrating.  Any suggestions?   This new system stinks.  I used to be able to get to a show in a few button presses. Now I'm having to do things over and over again. Seriously considering switching providers over this. It is a waste of my time to have to wait each time I press a button.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

That is one thing that i have mentioned on here.. that they need to still fix on this version.

Stuff IS sorted into folders.  Well mostly.
(and this is where the fix needs to come).

In the previous guide, it would put them in folders, based on the SHOW TITLE.  Assuming the same, no matter the channel, etc.. would group together.

The new one does this.. Partially.
If you set a SERIES recording (show X on date Y).. where it handles the scheduling, etc.. it will group them all in the one folder.
A manual hand set recording (selecting off the list and saying you want to record it the one time), even if the same show, etc.. causes its OWN folder. So if there was a marathon, and you set manual for each of them in a row, would give you a seperate one each.

Channel Specific.. so even if you have a series recording say set for CTV on its lower channel.. you set a series one for the higher channel.. it would give a seperate folder.

These need to be grouped together under the one folder/tile.. like in the prev version.

+1 on that.   I noticed that I had a standalone recording of the same title, yet it had it's own banner/box/folder.

You forgot to mention the default to the latest recording in a series, which is of course incorrect.   One would typically wish to watch the oldest (as in first) recording of a series, instead of the finale first.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@robtoe wrote:

You forgot to mention the default to the latest recording in a series, which is of course incorrect.   One would typically wish to watch the oldest (as in first) recording of a series, instead of the finale first.

One would hope to at least have the choice (ascending or descending)

AND

when one highlights a recording (AFTER WAITING FOR THE EVER INCREASING LAG TIME [OR CATCH-UP TIME]) it could have information about the video and not the whole left top of the page being taken up by Navigatr (I CERTAINLY know that is what I am <trying to> use since December 18th, 2015 when I received this FOR FREE!!!!! That deadly day

[ ... AND SO MANY MORE AVENUES FOR IMPROVEMENTS (or survival) ...]

These features are what one is used to from every other program (interface) these days .... I never realized how MUCH TIME I have used up and am using trying to "navigate" without these usually default features being present!.....

Lesson I: Don't take even seemingly small trivial things things for granted - they could all be "forgotten" when NOT_planning a program change.....

Lesson II: Don’t look a gift INTERFACE wannabe in the mouth

Lesson III: You get what you pay for….

I have ONE MORE "compliment"

The great EASE and efficiency of finding comments on these message boards as a direct result of MECHANICAL MERGING!

IN MY OPINION, merging every post regardless of SUBJECTS (even being different enough to warrant their own thread) has really made <my> life easier.

I would MUCH PREFER, reading ALL 168 OR 200+ pages, bouncing around between subjects than having a few separate threads with appropriate titles....

I just LOVE reading each page thoroughly and hoping I am not being TOO REDUNDANT (or rude)

Thank you!

P.S. I do apologize to all for ranting gone wild; & for any UNintentional rudeness or for wrongly offending anyone (again by accident).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Why when I want to look at my list of recorded shows does it stop the current show from playing? Ridiculous waste of my time. This system is inconvenient, annoying and time consuming. Why is each show separated and why are my scheduled shows lumped in with my recorded shows. I am going to cancel with Rogers if this isn't remedied quickly. I have been with Rogers for 15 years and have been loyal. I spend a FORTUNE on able services. This is a ridiculous mess. What am I paying for???

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey there,

Not sure if this is a bug or simply a "forgotten feature" of the previous guide software but now when I select "Set a Reminder" on a future program it doesn't auto tune to that channel if I don't interact with the Pop-Up.

Is this by design? If so can it be designed-back lol This was really handy as I would typically set a reminder for a program while doing work on the computer. When the program started I knew right away without having to look at the TV since it auto-tuned and I can hear the theme song to the program I'd like to watch. Then, of course, I could enjoy my program Smiley Happy

I've done this a few times now and each time I've missed the program or caught it late since my attention was elsewhere and didn't hear the familiar theme. Very sad times Smiley Sad No clue why this feature was removed in the updated Navigator.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess is that 'someone' though the other way, that if you were on a channel and missed the reminder, it didn't take you away from what you were watching.
(As the pause live tv, etc then for that channel would be lost as you have moved to another, etc)

But the general concensus seems to be that people DO want it to auto change.

Hopefully this is something they can implement in an update later.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe the it going to the latest recording, did happen In the previous guide as well?
I know it put them in reverse order, newest at the top... Just don't remember if it bounced up after deleting one.

-----

As for the merging of threads... I have seen this before on other forums too (blizzard forums and some other game/software dev forums)
And for their same reasons I can see why here.

To the user end, I can see how it could be frustrating if key words are not being picked up to find the exact thing.

But from a getting the complaints LOOKED AT by a developer or whoever needs too to actually get it looked at makes sense.

Any issues around a particular thing (this case navigatr as a whole) they can just dump the one whole thread to look at everything in one spot.

Otherwise, it would be potentially 50-100 different threads all spread out, trying to find what needs to be collected.

I do wish it at least was maybe 3-4 threads, at least separate more some of the key issues. Like I think they have left the CC issues separated.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Okay, so I have just come across to another "enhancement".

I'm guessing that this one has been detailed more than once already, but honestly I am not prepared to browse through over 1000 posts in an amalgam of ideas to see if this duplicates other posts, so my apologies in advance for those of you that have already noted this.

In the old system when you pressed the green list button it would take you to your recorded programs. If you pressed the list button ONCE again and it gave you a full listing of all of your scheduled recordings. So with one additional button press you got the full listing of your scheduled recordings arranged chronologically.

My wife wanted to do the same with the new system and couldn't figure out how. I played around for a few moments and saw that there is a way to see a full listing of the schedule recordings but it requires no less than EIGHT additional button presses to get the same result.

First you have to go to the little red "C" button in order to filter or sort your choices. Then you have to press downward to get to the toggle of show all recordings versus show scheduled recordings. Then you have to press upward again to get to the radio button that says save changes (even though it doesn't save anything) and then finally you get to see your list of scheduled recordings.

In total there are eight additional button presses compared to one additional button press prior to this "enhancement".

That might be tolerable if the "save and close" actually saved anything for future, but of course it doesn't change the default behaviour at all. It basically should just say "apply" or some other nonsense because the notion of saving is a concept that seems to be beyond the developers. So every single time I want to see a list of my schedule recordings I have to do nine total button presses instead of two.

THAT'S PROGRESS! THAT'S ENHANCEMENT!   YAY!!

I'm a Senior Contributor

@joeyo wrote:

Hey there,

Not sure if this is a bug or simply a "forgotten feature" of the previous guide software but now when I select "Set a Reminder" on a future program it doesn't auto tune to that channel if I don't interact with the Pop-Up.

Is this by design? If so can it be designed-back lol This was really handy as I would typically set a reminder for a program while doing work on the computer. When the program started I knew right away without having to look at the TV since it auto-tuned and I can hear the theme song to the program I'd like to watch. Then, of course, I could enjoy my program Smiley Happy

I've done this a few times now and each time I've missed the program or caught it late since my attention was elsewhere and didn't hear the familiar theme. Very sad times Smiley Sad No clue why this feature was removed in the updated Navigator.

I and at least one other poster have noted the same thing. As it stands now, the "set reminder" may as well be removed because it is useless. Unless you are right in the room with remote in hand there is no point. And even at that, if you choose, "watch now" it will truncate the show you are watching and you will lose the last minute or two when it switches over immediately.

Utter pointless piece of programing that defeats the purpose of having it.....