UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I'm in "Scheduled" to see what is about to record. The display shows the call sign for the channel, but not the channel number. I have to exit and search the guide. Would be better if the info display showed what channel number is that will be recorded.
robindp
I'm an Advisor

@Don_T: FYI - Rogers sells all devices you mentioned.  That said, I don't see Rogers Home Edition or Anyplace TV anywhere in the Blackberry World website.  Not sure about Amazon...anyone else know if these apps are available via Amazon?

Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand this is a user supported forum but hopefully Rogers reads the posts.

I'm not impressed by this software upgrade.  I work in IT and I don't find it user friendly or intuitive.  In my opinion, this isn't an upgrade.

Calling Rogers support to get access to TV-Mix feature that I can't customize isn't worth the time on hold.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Also an IT guy, and agree re: guide not being user friendly or intuitive - you will find everyone on this thread agrees with you.  I still recommend tweeting RogersHelps - they will ask you to Follow/DM then help.

My experience - 4-6 hour turnaround after you send initial DM.  Quickest & most efficient method of reporting issues to Rogers 'in writing' and getting answers with minimal effort.

malcolmd
I Plan to Stick Around

We now have channels 100 and 300 workimg properly. Still no Settings menu though.
Gerim
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no OD for me. However I have always had "settings". Maybe this is all a plot to teach us to share. lol.

njd
I Plan to Stick Around

It doesn't show the day or time of a recording. It shows a date, but is that Sunday or Monday? It doesn't show what channel a recording was on, like was that channel 7 or 9 or 514? The icons are pretty, but I prefer just a list. I'd also like to have recorded and scheduled recordings in separate lists...

Also, the search function is working intermittently. Sometimes I can search for a program and sometimes there's just not data available even though the TV guide has been downloaded

I sure hope Navigatr will have some upgrades very soon. This is just pathetic...

squirrelqueen
I Plan to Stick Around

The new update is really bad.   The PVR menu is horrible.  Prior to the update all my recordings could be organized into folders for each show, making it really easy to find my show (by title).  This also made it easier to delete the entire folder.  Since the update, not only does it take longer to load the menu (being that graphics need to be loaded vs. just text), but all the shows are individually displayed versus being organized into folders.  It takes much longer to find the show I want as I have to go through the entire list, and don't even get me started on trying to delete anything.

Please either go back to the previous recording menus (I am very literate and don't need graphics) or add the option of organizing everything into folders and allow us to select multiple items for deletion rather than having me to delete them individually.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is one thing that i have mentioned on here.. that they need to still fix on this version.

Stuff IS sorted into folders.  Well mostly.
(and this is where the fix needs to come).

In the previous guide, it would put them in folders, based on the SHOW TITLE.  Assuming the same, no matter the channel, etc.. would group together.

The new one does this.. Partially.
If you set a SERIES recording (show X on date Y).. where it handles the scheduling, etc.. it will group them all in the one folder.
A manual hand set recording (selecting off the list and saying you want to record it the one time), even if the same show, etc.. causes its OWN folder. So if there was a marathon, and you set manual for each of them in a row, would give you a seperate one each.

Channel Specific.. so even if you have a series recording say set for CTV on its lower channel.. you set a series one for the higher channel.. it would give a seperate folder.

These need to be grouped together under the one folder/tile.. like in the prev version.

wat
I've Been Around

Hi! I'm finding that that new navigatr system is really laggy - each time that I press a button it takes a few seconds for the action to happen.  Lots of times I press the button again, thinking that maybe I didn't press it, and then by the time everything happens I've overshot what I was trying to navigate.  It's really frustrating.  Any suggestions?   This new system stinks.  I used to be able to get to a show in a few button presses. Now I'm having to do things over and over again. Seriously considering switching providers over this. It is a waste of my time to have to wait each time I press a button.