UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

How do you tell which version of Navigatr you got???
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@njd wrote:
How do you tell which version of Navigatr you got???

Using your remote:

1. Press "Settings"
  2. From Settings, select "Troubleshooting". It is at the bottom of the settings list but not visible when you first go to settings. You can either use the arrow button to go up (and wrap around) or arrow down.
  3. From Troubleshooting move down to "System Information"

There you will see the info. I have:

• Software Version 6.0.0.0131
  • UI Version 17334/28392
  • Classic Version 60.00.16
  • VOD - Tier 3 Version 60.00.14
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@mpfc75 wrote:

@Don_T wrote:
Do they offer work arounds or do they just say that the software can't do it?

@I've sent them quite a few tweets and read lots of Navigatr tweets from other customers.  From my observation, @RogersHelps will either send the customer to:

1. the FAQs (which as we know are out of date and also somewhat inaccurate)
  2. the recorded videos (which are very well produced but skirt around the issues we have been encountering)
  3. this Community Forum to read thru 1000+ posts to hope to find their answer

Or they say they are sorry the customer isn't enjoying the new Navigatr and tell them their comments are being forwarded on to the support group.

Rarely, if ever, do I see a correct workaround described. But as we know there are few workarounds anyway.

Funny thing, on the weekend I saw a tweet from a customer asking how to turn CC on for recorded shows. RogersHelps asked them if they had tried enabling CC prior to recording.  I offered the workaround (go to live tv, turn on CC, go back to recorded show) and I was told by RogersHelps that that didn't work on the latest version of Navigatr. I told them I was on software version 6.0.0.0131 and they said I wasn't on the lastest version which they said was 0132.

I still don't have 0132 but I asked tweeted them "You mean the very latest #navigatr update breaks the workaround to the CC problem that has existed for over 6 months?" No reply to that tweet.

Anybody on 6.0.0.0132 and can test if the CC workaround is now broken?

Just checked it out and the CC workaround still works.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Every time Bell calls i hear the same sort packages and pricing as well as all kinds of additional hardware fees and rentals if you have more than 3 tvs which isn't hard if there are kids in the house. The pricing ends up just as expensive

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@rgottinger

Just as expensiove - sometimes more so. But it might actually work

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

In our case definitely more expensive and it might work isn't good enough once a contract is involved

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most of the issues in this thread surround the PVR funtionality. I've also noticed that the guide has changed in one aspect.  It used to be that if you were at a certain time of day in the guide (not the current time of day), then if you switched to a different day, you'd be at the same time you were in the guide.  Now, instead it goes to the current time.

This is a bit of an issue for me since I do much of my scheduling just after midnight. I may go to 4PM to schedule a recording, When I'm finished with that, I may wish to record the same programme on the next day (using single recording). If I change the date, I'm taken to the current time, which would be midnight. I then have to scroll to 4PM again. 

I don't know why they changed how this furnctions from RTN to Navigatr. When you're used to doing something one way and they change it, it means extra work until you get used to the "new way".  Now you need to remember to choose the correct day first, then go to the time of your programme.  Most of my scheduling I do via AnyPlace or the App, so no biggie, but I just thought I'd mention it.   Anyplace "stays" on the guide time (say 4PM), not the current time if switching days.  It would be good if it worked in a similar manner on all the various interfaces.

Edit - I have just learned elsewhere that if you use the day+ or day- buttons you remain in the same timeslot.  I have no idea why I never used those buttons (until now).  I was probably happy with using the "B - GoTo" option.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There doesn't seem to be a "set recording manually" function - if there is one, I haven't found it.

Changes always take a while to get used to, but this set of changes has both reduced functionality and, in many cases, increased the number of steps to do something. Also, as others have noted, the icons for recorded shows do not provide much useful information.  Did Rogers test these "features" with focus groups, I wonder.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When I am viewing a recording, and either fast forward or pause, when I resume viewing the progress bar stays on screen for 7 seconds. This is ridiculous. When it was paused or going fast forward, the bar is on the screen, so I know where I am in the recording. I do NOT need to have part of the screen blocked for 7 seconds after I resume viewing. The only better thing about Navigatr is it blocks less of the screen than the old display, which blocked 1/3 of the screen. Rogers: PLEASE do NOT display the progress bar when I'm viewing a recording!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When I want to choose a recording to watch, I am presented with a screen full of pictures instead of a simple printed list. The pictures are harder to read, and often do not match the recording (for example, my recordings of Mayday, which are about plane crashes, have a picture that appears to be about a romantic movie). Rogers: PLEASE give me the option of NOT displaying pictures of my recorded programs.