UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Don_T wrote:
Do they offer work arounds or do they just say that the software can't do it?

@I've sent them quite a few tweets and read lots of Navigatr tweets from other customers.  From my observation, @RogersHelps will either send the customer to:

1. the FAQs (which as we know are out of date and also somewhat inaccurate)
  2. the recorded videos (which are very well produced but skirt around the issues we have been encountering)
  3. this Community Forum to read thru 1000+ posts to hope to find their answer

Or they say they are sorry the customer isn't enjoying the new Navigatr and tell them their comments are being forwarded on to the support group.

Rarely, if ever, do I see a correct workaround described. But as we know there are few workarounds anyway.

Funny thing, on the weekend I saw a tweet from a customer asking how to turn CC on for recorded shows. RogersHelps asked them if they had tried enabling CC prior to recording.  I offered the workaround (go to live tv, turn on CC, go back to recorded show) and I was told by RogersHelps that that didn't work on the latest version of Navigatr. I told them I was on software version 6.0.0.0131 and they said I wasn't on the lastest version which they said was 0132.

I still don't have 0132 but I asked tweeted them "You mean the very latest #navigatr update breaks the workaround to the CC problem that has existed for over 6 months?" No reply to that tweet.

Anybody on 6.0.0.0132 and can test if the CC workaround is now broken?

I've Been Around

Having a senior day! How do you record an event happening in 3 weeks time with the Nav.3?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its probably going to take me another day or so to finish putting it together.. (a lot of formating/images).

But i am trying to put together a guide, with a number of images, etc..

Trying to include all the different ways of doing things, how to navigate the menus, where things are.

As well as things like the CC workarounds... where there is no TRUE solution yet Smiley Sad

(I am not able to check my software v. right now.  my GUESS is that the person who answered you,  is most likely just not aware PERIOD of that there is the work around.  If i can check my v later and test, i will try and get back if i can)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tom45 wrote:

Having a senior day! How do you record an event happening in 3 weeks time with the Nav.3?

You cant. Smiley Sad

You really NEVER have been able to, on any of the guides... RTN (the previous one) or SARA (the original)

The guide data never really went that far in advance.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

How was that possible before? The guide showed only 1 week.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Tom45, @Gdkitty is right. On my SA8300HD I can schedule a recording from the Guide 6 days ahead, which is as far as it goes, but I can schedule a manual recording by timeslot, channel and date, 13 days ahead. Even the Zap2it Guide on the web does not go more than 14 days ahead.  However, I see that I can apparently set a manual recording for a timeslot every Monday or Tuesday, etc, or weekends or weekdays or daily, which I suppose goes on forever. No idea where you would find that function in Navigatr because it's not an update to earlier interfaces, but a totally new one going in a different direction.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry to say but I'm going to switch back to Bell TV. I had satellite before and will be seeing if I can get Fibe TV. If not...Bell Satellite is better than Rogers. The previous version of the Rogers receiver was better than the new one....and the old one didn't measure up to what I had on Expressvu. Simple things like skipping ahead 30 seconds is one button on the remote with Bell. Channels are organized better, PVR menu/options are far ahead. Nothing personal to the people here but my 10 month experience with Rogers hasn't been a very good experience. After I switched to Rogers TV I was on the phone for 45 minutes when I got a "welcome" call from Rogers explaining my concerns/issues and if anything the new software has no improvements.
I know with the Bell package I'll still get 18 CTV's counted in the channel count, but it was a better user interface.
Looking forward to the ala carte tv where I can get ONLY the channels I watch and not so many repetitions. Hopefully the tv providers in Canada don't gouge us for not taking their packages
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Set a reminder was perfect when it automatically tuned to the channel. Now you have to press the button. Having a dissability makes it very difficult. Please give the option to auto change.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Good luck, @Don_T, but I don't expect a-la-carte of just the channels you normally watch will be any cheaper than a package that has them included, probably a whole lot more. The pricing will be worked out so the BDU doesn't make any less money.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

It doesn't show the day or time of a recording. It shows a date, but is that Sunday or Monday? It doesn't show what channel a recording was on, like was that channel 7 or 9 or 514? The icons are pretty, but I prefer just a list. I'd also like to have recorded and scheduled recordings in separate lists...

Also, the search function is working intermittently. Sometimes I can search for a program and sometimes there's just not data available even though the TV guide has been downloaded

I sure hope Navigatr will have some upgrades very soon. This is just pathetic...