UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Yes, some on-demand issues are related to signal problems.  If you have signal issues, often you'll need to call Rogers to get that fixed in your home or in your neighbourhood.   Usually, but not always, people with signal issues also can't get SDV channels or the firmware won't download properly. This can usually be checked by Rogers remotely.

However, some on-demand issues are not related to signal, but rather to Rogers On-Demand problems. See my previous post on that topic below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I haven't had access to OD since November either and I know that my signal is good.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @57 I also have a 9865 so I'll call tech support for a factory reset..

Note in reply to a related post re channels 100 and 300 - they were OK before the "upgrade", and I have also had a signal check for another problem (pre-Navigatr) and it was OK. Not necessarily the case now, of course.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I live in Ottawa and Rogers downloaded the new Navigatr 2 weeks ago. It is horrible. Why would they give it to us if there were still so many problems with it? I have some complaints that are not in your list.. Who can I contact? I tried Rogers last week and left my phone number and they never called back.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Doing a master reboot now. Hold power button and unplug. Wait 5 seconds plug back in while still holding power buton in. Wait 5 seconds and release power button. Bunch of stuff comes up saying this box needs to be updated when the network is available.

When I do this for the Nextbox 3, I don't lose my settings or recorded stuff.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do you delete a series that is no longer needing to be recorded and has no upcoming shows?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Deschjo wrote:

How do you delete a series that is no longer needing to be recorded and has no upcoming shows?

That sort of tile is usually at the bottom of your recorded list - scroll down to it, click on the tile - scroll to the right where you see "Cancel All Scheduled Recordings".  Select that option and confirm.

Note that you cannot do it from your "Scheduled Recordings" if you use that filter. You can't do it from AnyPlace or the Rogers App either.

Check out my previous summaries and tips if you haven't already:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Ok this is a serious question (as opposed to a rant per se - I have already done that part).

I have to wonder why Rogers is so invested in this new guide. Whether or not it "looks" more modern is arguably a matter of taste as opposed to functionality, but I am trying hard to see what true "enhancements" or advantages this new Navigatr brings that the old guide did not have. It does seem to me that it still does most of the things we used to be able to do, albeit not necessarily any easier, faster or more intuitively. In fact, as the list of complaints grows and grows, it is clear that many of the functions are actually HARDER to achieve rather than easier, and some, like the "set reminder" have been rendered all but useless. Makes me wonder WHY is Rogers so wed to this?

And the real question for the experts - is there in fact ANYTHING that the new Navigatr has function-wise that is actually a NEW feature, or a truly ENHANCED feature? I can't think of any/see any but I want to be fair and ask the community since maybe there are some true improvements I am not seeing?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

how do I record a "series" using Navigatr?

you used to hit select on the show you just selected record on and an option to "record series" would come up. how do I record an entire series now? and why is it so slow?????

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

not sure if this is a bug, or a feature to "enhance my viewing experience" Smiley Tongue

I was just checking my scheduled recordings - that's ALL I wanted to see, so I used the filter - once I checked to make sure my list of scheduled recordings was as it should be, I exited.  Then I decided to check once more, hit the list button, and it had reverted back to the shows that were already recorded, despite me having saved the filter to show scheduled recordings just minute earlier

Is that what it's supposed to do?  Only save the filter to show scheduled recordings up until you exit, then revert it back to the already recorded shows?

Also - all my tiles have the little picture except for 1 - NCIS - does anyone have the graphic, or is it just me that doesn't?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

TV Mix Feature

How do I select what channels display under the various "Mix Feature" items?  Can I create custom lists?