UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Customer01 wrote:

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello Community, 

Please be assured that we read each and every post in the Forums. None of your feedback is being ignored and it gets passed along to the appropriate teams that track issues and work towards resolving any known problems that may exist for multiple users. I can understand the frustration with some of the issues users are experiencing appreciate your continued feedback and suggestions for improvement. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

RogersHassam,

The problem is twofold:

1) The new software has some huge problems, is worse than the previous one, and should never have been released in that condition.

2) Nobody from Rogers senior management is being honest and acknowledging this, and offering a plan to resolve it.

I suggest:

1) A letter from senior management to customers, apologising, and putting forward a plan for resolution.

2) A survey to all customers to find out ALL the issues they are having.

3) Go back to the old software in the meantime.

Since, 6 months after the initial release, there has been so little progress, it would be a fair assumption that this could take a year to fix....if it is even going to be fixed.   I don't plan to stick around waiting that long, especially in the face of Rogers stonewalling of customers.

That solution makes so much sense and is the only thing that would keep me as a Rogers customer.  As a 30 year customer, this isn't the first time I've seen this behaviour from Rogers.   The only thing that's clear to me is that Rogers isn't owning up to this one.  The fact that they remain silent in spite of all of the issues and even pushed it out again recently (and continue to do so despite the strong opposition) tells me that Rogers doesn't care about our voices.  We are told they are listening, but their actions (or inactions) speak louder than those hollow words.  

If I don't hear anything along these lines from Rogers, Bell is going to get my business.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@BS wrote:

@park

You are right on that one - If we had an update from this cordination team on what they are doing, signed by the update team, it would go a long way.  I believe the moderator that they are listening and passing them to some group, they have assured us of this many times, but neither they or us have ever heard anything.

Even with the bug fix builds in November/December/January, the customer and support people were never given any information on what was dealt with, how it works, and what was not dealt with because it won't be, or what has been set aside.

In absence, I like Park are left wondering if there really is an active team up there somewhere who are actually doing anything with the information, or are they in a listening mode too?

I am not being cyncial here or trying to be a trouble maker, it is just that I have worked in this field for many a year, my daughter also works in it and has extremely high level experience and training in doing the system development and implementation and testing, and bug fixing, and documentation, and we in the field have seen this in our careers, and never in my experience have I ever experienced this level of silence and absence of communications of actions planned, or taken for that matter, except for me in one - the company was on its way to being merged with another company.

I think some of this is happening, not with Rogers, but with your suppliers.

So I empathize with the moderators and all staff at the bottom levels, but I don't accet the way senior management and executives have approached this whole mess.

As a paying customer, I expect a certain level of respect to get answers when I have concerns, and this has been very lacking from the senior levels.

I again say tonight, that I am hopeful that Rogers will learn from this one. Yes things can go wrong in technology as in any project of large scale, even getting my bathroom renovated), but communication to the customer is critical if you want to keep your loyal customers, get new customers, and not force people to leave.  There is only so much any person can put up with.

Bed time for me now - We could go at this non stop with no resolutions until someone from on high finally comes forward with feedback from what has been listened to.

Brce

Another well said post!

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes - how do you do a factory reset without access to the settings menu? I tried a power off reboot but that didn't work.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the BLANK settings screen.

On other forums, i have heard that SOME have some luck, with hitting MENU, then Settings.  Takes you to the same settings screen, but for some it did cause it to populate.

It may not work for all, but worth a shot.

The Settings screen should say SETTINGS at the top, the down the left side, Appearance, Audio, etc.
The right side will not populate until you choose an option from the left.

I Plan to Stick Around

PVR is currently loading software update - let's hope that fixes it.
I Plan to Stick Around

No - update, which I followed with a power off reboot, didn't fix it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just to be clear, both the Settings button and the Menu -> Settings sequence do get me to the Settings screen.
I Plan to Stick Around

@malcolmd wrote:
No - update, which I followed with a power off reboot, didn't fix it.

They aren't fixing anything any time soon.  This is abundantly apparent.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I forgot to include one of the biggest Issues!  The new Navigatr, Netflix-like interface dos NOT work on TV.  On Netflix, the MouseOver event provides all the info you need to determine whether you want to click on the icon or not.  This does not tranlate to TV.  PLEASE give us our informational list back with at least the date, channel, duration and brief description, instead of these "content-free" icons.  Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, this is a big deficiency.
Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.