UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@mfait wrote:

@BS wrote:

Clearly what we have all learned, is that communication from this renowned communication company is not one of their strong points.  Marketing and promises and pretending that things aren't happening, or at least not telling any of us that things are happening has not been good.  I don't think they understand just how damaging to customer relationships not keeping the customer, or even your front line staff in the loop can be.

That is another thing they need to seriously consider how they will change in order that we can trust any future implementations of any type of new technology.

Bruce

If we could get some feedback as to their plans regarding what they plan to fix and when, and what features lost from RTN guide they plan to bring back I might be willing to wait for the fixes and updates.

I've had Navigatr for about a week and hate how some of the functions now take more steps, all the missing sorting and fitlering options of the recordings list and scheduled list. My wife keeps telling me how she hates it.

Without any sort of feedback regarding any solutions from Rogers, my personal solution is looking to be switching to the competition.

For all the above reasons, and the fact that their phone and chat support is impossible to get through to (because so many people are having problems),  I agree, it's time to move on to, hopefully, better things.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you @RogersHassam - your assurances are appreciated.  As one of the people who has continually pushed on these issues, my concern is that it would appear that you communicate information upwards - I have always believed that you did - it is the issue that as you say, you can only report on what you know. (I think that was in your pre edited post) - The fact that you cannot tell us much (except to refer us to FAQ's and Tutorials as they come, and announcements of new rollouts or frozen rollouts), I fully understand that you are left in the dark, and as a result we are also left in the dark, but we are also left in the dark, no matter where we try to go to get answers.

So this is the issue from one customer and person who has hit every communication method available to me - no-one at your level, or even levels much higher in the system seems to have the authority or possibly the  information to keep us fully informed.  It just feels like we are being ignored, because obviously you don't have the information to tell us, so we are all left in a big catch 22.

I do appreciate you confirming that the mods are reading, paying attention and passing it on to the teams that track issues, but if you are not hearing back from these teams responsible for tracking issues and processes, then we just spin in circles.

But thanks again, Bruce

I'm an Advisor

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello Community, 

Please be assured that we read each and every post in the Forums. None of your feedback is being ignored and it gets passed along to the appropriate teams that track issues and work towards resolving any known problems that may exist for multiple users. I can understand the frustration with some of the issues users are experiencing and we appreciate your continued feedback and suggestions for improvement. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

Thx Can you amplify ?

Please advise whether Rogers really has an active taskforce/team and a plan to fix Navi, but are not telling anyone ?

Or you are still in the 'listening' modeand yet to formulate any plan ?  

Lack of any definitive response leads us to suspect  the latter.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello Community, 

Please be assured that we read each and every post in the Forums. None of your feedback is being ignored and it gets passed along to the appropriate teams that track issues and work towards resolving any known problems that may exist for multiple users. I can understand the frustration with some of the issues users are experiencing appreciate your continued feedback and suggestions for improvement. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

RogersHassam,

The problem is twofold:

1) The new software has some huge problems, is worse than the previous one, and should never have been released in that condition.

2) Nobody from Rogers senior management is being honest and acknowledging this, and offering a plan to resolve it.

I suggest:

1) A letter from senior management to customers, apologising, and putting forward a plan for resolution.

2) A survey to all customers to find out ALL the issues they are having.

3) Go back to the old software in the meantime.

Since, 6 months after the initial release, there has been so little progress, it would be a fair assumption that this could take a year to fix....if it is even going to be fixed.   I don't plan to stick around waiting that long, especially in the face of Rogers stonewalling of customers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@park

You are right on that one - If we had an update from this cordination team on what they are doing, signed by the update team, it would go a long way.  I believe the moderator that they are listening and passing them to some group, they have assured us of this many times, but neither they or us have ever heard anything.

Even with the bug fix builds in November/December/January, the customer and support people were never given any information on what was dealt with, how it works, and what was not dealt with because it won't be, or what has been set aside.

In absence, I like Park are left wondering if there really is an active team up there somewhere who are actually doing anything with the information, or are they in a listening mode too?

I am not being cyncial here or trying to be a trouble maker, it is just that I have worked in this field for many a year, my daughter also works in it and has extremely high level experience and training in doing the system development and implementation and testing, and bug fixing, and documentation, and we in the field have seen this in our careers, and never in my experience have I ever experienced this level of silence and absence of communications of actions planned, or taken for that matter, except for me in one - the company was on its way to being merged with another company.

I think some of this is happening, not with Rogers, but with your suppliers.

So I empathize with the moderators and all staff at the bottom levels, but I don't accet the way senior management and executives have approached this whole mess.

As a paying customer, I expect a certain level of respect to get answers when I have concerns, and this has been very lacking from the senior levels.

I again say tonight, that I am hopeful that Rogers will learn from this one. Yes things can go wrong in technology as in any project of large scale, even getting my bathroom renovated), but communication to the customer is critical if you want to keep your loyal customers, get new customers, and not force people to leave.  There is only so much any person can put up with.

Bed time for me now - We could go at this non stop with no resolutions until someone from on high finally comes forward with feedback from what has been listened to.

Brce

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you RogersHassam for coming forward and telling us you are reading and forwarding these messages.

However after all the concerns and posts (1000),  99% being very negative, we still do not believe that Rogers is doing

their part to make us as customers satisfied.

We still need to know some key points.

1. Why was Navigatr brought in by Rogers.

2. Who made the decision to bring in Navigatr 

3. Can the old system be brought back, at least temporarily till Navigatr's shortcomings are fixed and acceptable to the customer base.

4. What can be expected and not expected from Navigatr.

5. Can you provide regular updates on progress

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Customer01

Your request of senior management is absolutely reasonable if customer satisfaction is truly valued by Rogers.

There are many compents to customer satisfication, and this rollout has been an absolute failure, as if you can't provide a quality reliable easy to understand and use product in a timely way, you don't put it out (although I think that some industry supplier factors drove it to come out early) until it is ready for prime time.

Anybody remember Vista, Windows ME, Windows 3.0, and Windows 8.0.  Actually, now that I think of it, there response was not disimiliar to this one, but it also contributed to a large movement to other companies, other operating systems, or just not upgrading - had we had a choice on this one, I suspect that very few would have upgraded. But we had no choice, nor did we get any information on what was coming except for some wonderful marketing messages, that the product didn't live up to, and the marketing departments and senior management kept putting these same messages out.

On the Facebook page, you currently see when someone says something negative that they are sorry that the poster is dispointed with the new Navigatr and that they will pass the feedback to the relevant teams, or they send them to the FAQ or the pre release marketing/how to videos.

We used to hear here, we apologize for the inconvience, and the same thing from front line reps, all the way to the office of the president.

Many of us said clearly, stop using that phrase, you can only apoligize so many times before it leads us to ignore that response and just stick to the topic we brought up.

Absolutely someone way up there that we cannot get to or even know who they are, needs to eat some humble pie and come out and tell us what they plan to do.  There is little new coming forward on the bugs and issues, and concerns, and recommendations for changes - they have more than enough to be able to make a statement of what they heard and what they plan to do.

But maybe I am dreaming again.

Think I will go to bed and dream - hopefully not about this, but something far more pleasant.

I am going to disappear for most of the next week again, as I deal with life in general and try my best to enjoy my shows, but not the experience.  Probably pop back again for a bit on the weekend.

Good night to all, Bruce

I'm an Advisor

@BS

IMHO Rogers vendor issues are not our problem. Espial sold Technicolor and Rogers a fine guide and promised a PVR manager even though it appears to have no experience or knowledge on how people actually use them.  Cisco has been out of the equation since at least last summet and likely many months before.

Nor is Rogers focus and internal communication issues our concern. The top of the Rogers pyramid is us customers. All the people who work  @ Rogers have only one mission, to keep us happy.

Until Rogers leadership team understands the above the company will see many more customers seek satisfaction elsewhere.

So far there is NO sign they do.

I've Been Around

Can you please let me have the old UI back? This new one is absolutely awful. It's slower, it's cumbersome, and it's made it far more difficult to navigate, ironically....

I neither need, nor care about seeing all the program graphics for my recordings, which I suspect are bogging down the processor. When I move the selector to a recording, I am no longer provided with a description of the recording, which was far more informative and convenient than the stupid graphic. Even the information that is provided once I select a recording has been stripped of the recording time, which was rather important to me. And to switch from the recordings list to my scheduled recordings was a matter of a single click -- now, it seems that a multi-step change to the settings is required to achieve the same thing.

I'm astounded that something this bad made it through your approval process -- you've actually managed to make the UI worse than it was. Someone really should lose their job over this....
Michael
Highlighted
I've Been Around

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

We have recently gotten the new guide.  Had to unplug one of our PVR's as it was being moved from one area to another.  Once plugged back in the live channels work fine, can record fine, and watch recorded shows fine.  However, when going to Rogers On Demand Channel 100 it says undefined in the bottom left hand corner and has the loading bar going through the bottom of the screen.  Tried rebooting, unplugging nothing works.  I really don't have time to be wasting on the phone with Rogers Tech as they won't do anything anyway. 

Has anyone else had this issue?