UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steelheader
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Thank you RogersHassam for coming forward and telling us you are reading and forwarding these messages.

However after all the concerns and posts (1000),  99% being very negative, we still do not believe that Rogers is doing

their part to make us as customers satisfied.

We still need to know some key points.

1. Why was Navigatr brought in by Rogers.

2. Who made the decision to bring in Navigatr 

3. Can the old system be brought back, at least temporarily till Navigatr's shortcomings are fixed and acceptable to the customer base.

4. What can be expected and not expected from Navigatr.

5. Can you provide regular updates on progress

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Customer01

Your request of senior management is absolutely reasonable if customer satisfaction is truly valued by Rogers.

There are many compents to customer satisfication, and this rollout has been an absolute failure, as if you can't provide a quality reliable easy to understand and use product in a timely way, you don't put it out (although I think that some industry supplier factors drove it to come out early) until it is ready for prime time.

Anybody remember Vista, Windows ME, Windows 3.0, and Windows 8.0.  Actually, now that I think of it, there response was not disimiliar to this one, but it also contributed to a large movement to other companies, other operating systems, or just not upgrading - had we had a choice on this one, I suspect that very few would have upgraded. But we had no choice, nor did we get any information on what was coming except for some wonderful marketing messages, that the product didn't live up to, and the marketing departments and senior management kept putting these same messages out.

On the Facebook page, you currently see when someone says something negative that they are sorry that the poster is dispointed with the new Navigatr and that they will pass the feedback to the relevant teams, or they send them to the FAQ or the pre release marketing/how to videos.

We used to hear here, we apologize for the inconvience, and the same thing from front line reps, all the way to the office of the president.

Many of us said clearly, stop using that phrase, you can only apoligize so many times before it leads us to ignore that response and just stick to the topic we brought up.

Absolutely someone way up there that we cannot get to or even know who they are, needs to eat some humble pie and come out and tell us what they plan to do.  There is little new coming forward on the bugs and issues, and concerns, and recommendations for changes - they have more than enough to be able to make a statement of what they heard and what they plan to do.

But maybe I am dreaming again.

Think I will go to bed and dream - hopefully not about this, but something far more pleasant.

I am going to disappear for most of the next week again, as I deal with life in general and try my best to enjoy my shows, but not the experience.  Probably pop back again for a bit on the weekend.

Good night to all, Bruce

park
I'm an Advisor

@BS

IMHO Rogers vendor issues are not our problem. Espial sold Technicolor and Rogers a fine guide and promised a PVR manager even though it appears to have no experience or knowledge on how people actually use them.  Cisco has been out of the equation since at least last summet and likely many months before.

Nor is Rogers focus and internal communication issues our concern. The top of the Rogers pyramid is us customers. All the people who work  @ Rogers have only one mission, to keep us happy.

Until Rogers leadership team understands the above the company will see many more customers seek satisfaction elsewhere.

So far there is NO sign they do.

J-M-S
I've Been Around

Can you please let me have the old UI back? This new one is absolutely awful. It's slower, it's cumbersome, and it's made it far more difficult to navigate, ironically....

I neither need, nor care about seeing all the program graphics for my recordings, which I suspect are bogging down the processor. When I move the selector to a recording, I am no longer provided with a description of the recording, which was far more informative and convenient than the stupid graphic. Even the information that is provided once I select a recording has been stripped of the recording time, which was rather important to me. And to switch from the recordings list to my scheduled recordings was a matter of a single click -- now, it seems that a multi-step change to the settings is required to achieve the same thing.

I'm astounded that something this bad made it through your approval process -- you've actually managed to make the UI worse than it was. Someone really should lose their job over this....
Michael
CanadianGirl1
I've Been Around

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

We have recently gotten the new guide.  Had to unplug one of our PVR's as it was being moved from one area to another.  Once plugged back in the live channels work fine, can record fine, and watch recorded shows fine.  However, when going to Rogers On Demand Channel 100 it says undefined in the bottom left hand corner and has the loading bar going through the bottom of the screen.  Tried rebooting, unplugging nothing works.  I really don't have time to be wasting on the phone with Rogers Tech as they won't do anything anyway. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

trendsetter
I've Been Here Awhile

With the previous menu system when I searched for a program, it would show me all of the upcoming dates and times so I could select which one I wanted. In Navigatr, it only displays the first showing of the program. Where is the capability to display all show dates and times for upcoming week? Without this capability it makes this system useless.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When i did a search the other day , i thought it did.. 
Could be wrong though.

Unless someone is able to before then, i will check this on mine when i get home.

(I know the search appears to be only showing the LOWER channel say of when something airs.  Say its on CTV.. it has its lower assignment, but also the higher 500 level channel of CTVHD.  The CTVHD is subed onto the lower channel, so its only showing the ONE now, not both.)

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you read any of the 900+ posts here, you will understand that 99% of the posting are by very frustrated customers.

I have been monitoring the complaints for about a week and I have my own explanation for why Rogers management is not reacting to the UPDATED NextBox Navigatr complaints.  It has to do with human behaviour under stress.

In the meantime, I have noticed that customers and unpaid resident experts are stepping up and doing the work for Rogers.  

For your problem, try pressing the SETTINGS button, then scroll down to I think it is TROUBLE SHOOTING.  In the DIAGNOSTICS  area I believe you can restore the factory setting or reboot the nextbox.  

WARNING:  I tried this once with a Seagate External Storage Device and I lost all my recorded programs, so you may want to wait for more advice before attempting this.  

I don't work for Rogers - I am just another frustrated customer.    

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:

For your problem, try pressing the SETTINGS button, then scroll down to I think it is TROUBLE SHOOTING.  In the DIAGNOSTICS  area I believe you can restore the factory setting or reboot the nextbox.  

WARNING:  I tried this once with a Seagate External Storage Device and I lost all my recorded programs, so you may want to wait for more advice before attempting this.  

I don't work for Rogers - I am just another frustrated customer.    

Yes, factory reset will WIPE all recordings.
(its like running a factory reset on a phone, etc.. it takes you to the state it was when you first started it up)

It can sometimes fix some configuration issues i have seen in the past though.

malcolmd
I Plan to Stick Around

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere and I missed it ... my issue is: where is the "Settings" menu?  I can get to the Settings screen but all I see is a blank screen with "Rogers Navigatr Settings" at the top. There are a number of "features" that I would like to change the default for, if that is possible So far I am less than impressed - seems like several functions require substantially more key presses.