UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
park
I'm an Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@mfait wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

You have to understand though..

The people who you are talking to, are just front end workers.

These people CAN NOT make promises that  anything would get fixed.
They do not make those decisions.  They are not the devlopers/programers, etc.

All that those people can do, is pass the information along.

Who do they pass this information to?

Maybe it's time they requested some feedback from these people as to what they plan to fix and when, so that they can provide it to us in this forum.

Navigatr is NOT business as usual. Rogers stopped a launch, went back to the drawing board for 6 months, then took 2+ months to rollout it to everyone.  The customer reaction continues to be strongly negative...

If Rogers mgmt does not read this forum daily. and/orget a precis from the mods 

We are wasting our time and Rogers cable business will continue in freefall.

Only acknowledgement of issues raised and a public plan to fix as detailed a few pages back will change things.

Rogers do you care ?  Please show us.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Clearly what we have all learned, is that communication from this renowned communication company is not one of their strong points.  Marketing and promises and pretending that things aren't happening, or at least not telling any of us that things are happening has not been good.  I don't think they understand just how damaging to customer relationships not keeping the customer, or even your front line staff in the loop can be.

That is another thing they need to seriously consider how they will change in order that we can trust any future implementations of any type of new technology.

Bruce

Customer01
I Plan to Stick Around

@scuddycat wrote:

@Rogerscustomer1 wrote:

Having just received this software, it became apparent very quickly how awful it is.  Managing recordings is just a nightmare. Scanning through all the comments online and in this forum, it is astounding to see the responses from Rogers, or should I say lack of response from the company.  They just keep reiterating that they continue to roll it out, they are sorry for any inconvenience, and offer no solutions.  They seem to have swallowed their own Koolaid, believing their own hype about their fabulous new, improved software.  

Well, Rogers, newsflash:  it's a disaster.  I don't believe your "surveys" that say that most people like it.  What surveys?  Who did them?  Who did you ask?  How many?

The old software had problems, but it worked most of the time.  You built up expectations for something better, and wow, have you disappointed your customers.  And then it gets worse, because you are not acknowledging the problems, not giving any indication of what you will do about it, and continuing to send out bills.

The time has come for a senior management person to publicly acknowledge this disaster, and explain what will be done about it.

Please don't acknowlege this note with canned reponses.  Just do something about it.

There have been so many posts written like what you have written above.  I wrote something like that after receiving the update early last week.  After countless calls to Rogers with issues I was having and asking why we lost so much functionality and usability and getting nothing back from them other than:

• denial that they've heard any horror stories,
  • lots of empty apolgies,
  • promises to get a call back from the Office of the President (never received) and
  • lack of acknowledgement that anything is wrong...

not to mention the edited and deleted posts on this very forum because someone didn't like us telling our stories and giving our opinions, it became very clear to me that Rogers isn't listening to us and isn't going to do anything to help us.

I continue to read posts from people like myself that were recently subjected to the new interface.  They all say the same things:  how could Rogers keep rolling this out when there are so many problems.  And believing (like I initially did) that they would acknowledge our problems and actually do something.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but the lack of any word from Rogers didn't give me a load of confidence.

So, after being subjected to Navigatr for less than a week and driving me nuts (and reading endless posts on this and other forums where everyone was describing the same issues and frustrations both with the system and Roger's lack of response), I did my research on alternatives and found one with a better deal and better interface.

As a customer of Rogers for over 30 years, I didn't make this decision lightly.  With Rogers not bothering to return my calls it became apparent to me that loyal customers aren't important enough to them.

For those of you that stay with Rogers, I wish you well in your plight/fight with them.

Good luck!

I, too, plan to join the rush for the door.  

mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@BS wrote:

Clearly what we have all learned, is that communication from this renowned communication company is not one of their strong points.  Marketing and promises and pretending that things aren't happening, or at least not telling any of us that things are happening has not been good.  I don't think they understand just how damaging to customer relationships not keeping the customer, or even your front line staff in the loop can be.

That is another thing they need to seriously consider how they will change in order that we can trust any future implementations of any type of new technology.

Bruce

If we could get some feedback as to their plans regarding what they plan to fix and when, and what features lost from RTN guide they plan to bring back I might be willing to wait for the fixes and updates.

I've had Navigatr for about a week and hate how some of the functions now take more steps, all the missing sorting and fitlering options of the recordings list and scheduled list. My wife keeps telling me how she hates it.

Without any sort of feedback regarding any solutions from Rogers, my personal solution is looking to be switching to the competition.

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello Community, 

Please be assured that we read each and every post in the Forums. None of your feedback is being ignored and it gets passed along to the appropriate teams that track issues and work towards resolving any known problems that may exist for multiple users. I can understand the frustration with some of the issues users are experiencing and we appreciate your continued feedback and suggestions for improvement. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

Customer01
I Plan to Stick Around

@mfait wrote:

@BS wrote:

Bruce

If we could get some feedback as to their plans regarding what they plan to fix and when, and what features lost from RTN guide they plan to bring back I might be willing to wait for the fixes and updates.

I've had Navigatr for about a week and hate how some of the functions now take more steps, all the missing sorting and fitlering options of the recordings list and scheduled list. My wife keeps telling me how she hates it.

Without any sort of feedback regarding any solutions from Rogers, my personal solution is looking to be switching to the competition.

For all the above reasons, and the fact that their phone and chat support is impossible to get through to (because so many people are having problems),  I agree, it's time to move on to, hopefully, better things.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you @RogersHassam - your assurances are appreciated.  As one of the people who has continually pushed on these issues, my concern is that it would appear that you communicate information upwards - I have always believed that you did - it is the issue that as you say, you can only report on what you know. (I think that was in your pre edited post) - The fact that you cannot tell us much (except to refer us to FAQ's and Tutorials as they come, and announcements of new rollouts or frozen rollouts), I fully understand that you are left in the dark, and as a result we are also left in the dark, but we are also left in the dark, no matter where we try to go to get answers.

So this is the issue from one customer and person who has hit every communication method available to me - no-one at your level, or even levels much higher in the system seems to have the authority or possibly the  information to keep us fully informed.  It just feels like we are being ignored, because obviously you don't have the information to tell us, so we are all left in a big catch 22.

I do appreciate you confirming that the mods are reading, paying attention and passing it on to the teams that track issues, but if you are not hearing back from these teams responsible for tracking issues and processes, then we just spin in circles.

But thanks again, Bruce

park
I'm an Advisor

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello Community, 

Please be assured that we read each and every post in the Forums. None of your feedback is being ignored and it gets passed along to the appropriate teams that track issues and work towards resolving any known problems that may exist for multiple users. I can understand the frustration with some of the issues users are experiencing and we appreciate your continued feedback and suggestions for improvement. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

Thx Can you amplify ?

Please advise whether Rogers really has an active taskforce/team and a plan to fix Navi, but are not telling anyone ?

Or you are still in the 'listening' modeand yet to formulate any plan ?  

Lack of any definitive response leads us to suspect  the latter.

Customer01
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello Community, 

Please be assured that we read each and every post in the Forums. None of your feedback is being ignored and it gets passed along to the appropriate teams that track issues and work towards resolving any known problems that may exist for multiple users. I can understand the frustration with some of the issues users are experiencing appreciate your continued feedback and suggestions for improvement. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

RogersHassam,

The problem is twofold:

1) The new software has some huge problems, is worse than the previous one, and should never have been released in that condition.

2) Nobody from Rogers senior management is being honest and acknowledging this, and offering a plan to resolve it.

I suggest:

1) A letter from senior management to customers, apologising, and putting forward a plan for resolution.

2) A survey to all customers to find out ALL the issues they are having.

3) Go back to the old software in the meantime.

Since, 6 months after the initial release, there has been so little progress, it would be a fair assumption that this could take a year to fix....if it is even going to be fixed.   I don't plan to stick around waiting that long, especially in the face of Rogers stonewalling of customers.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@park

You are right on that one - If we had an update from this cordination team on what they are doing, signed by the update team, it would go a long way.  I believe the moderator that they are listening and passing them to some group, they have assured us of this many times, but neither they or us have ever heard anything.

Even with the bug fix builds in November/December/January, the customer and support people were never given any information on what was dealt with, how it works, and what was not dealt with because it won't be, or what has been set aside.

In absence, I like Park are left wondering if there really is an active team up there somewhere who are actually doing anything with the information, or are they in a listening mode too?

I am not being cyncial here or trying to be a trouble maker, it is just that I have worked in this field for many a year, my daughter also works in it and has extremely high level experience and training in doing the system development and implementation and testing, and bug fixing, and documentation, and we in the field have seen this in our careers, and never in my experience have I ever experienced this level of silence and absence of communications of actions planned, or taken for that matter, except for me in one - the company was on its way to being merged with another company.

I think some of this is happening, not with Rogers, but with your suppliers.

So I empathize with the moderators and all staff at the bottom levels, but I don't accet the way senior management and executives have approached this whole mess.

As a paying customer, I expect a certain level of respect to get answers when I have concerns, and this has been very lacking from the senior levels.

I again say tonight, that I am hopeful that Rogers will learn from this one. Yes things can go wrong in technology as in any project of large scale, even getting my bathroom renovated), but communication to the customer is critical if you want to keep your loyal customers, get new customers, and not force people to leave.  There is only so much any person can put up with.

Bed time for me now - We could go at this non stop with no resolutions until someone from on high finally comes forward with feedback from what has been listened to.

Brce