UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Why is the title of a show showing on top of the screen when I fast foreward a recorded programm. I know what programm

I am watching. Just alot of garbage the new Nav.

I'm an Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hello @chicobaby2,

It seems to be a bug, I see this too.  Press "Exit" on the remote and it will go away. 

I've Been Here Awhile

The channel "reminder" function not working properly...

In the old version, I was able to set a time as "reminder" to watch particular channel, when one minute before the set time, a reminder screen will pop up and ask whether I wish to watch it now or cancel, IF I DON'T DO ANYTHING, IT WILL AUTOMATIC SWITCH TO THE SET CHANNEL WHEN THE SET TIME IS REACHED, that is great because I can be away from the remote and knowing my up coming program will be automatic switch over, BUT

The new version doesn't so that anymore, I have to run over and grab the remote and select "watch now" or "decline", THE PROBLEM IS if I select "watch now" I will be missing the last minute of my current program, and if I am away from the remote control, the channel just stay put on the current channel......it's annoying and totally defeat the purpose.

I've Been Here Awhile

Since Navigatr has been installed I have been having a number of problems: 1. When I use my rogers remote there is a delay in response  of up to a minute or even more. This is true whether I try to change channels or fast forward in a recorded program. 2. The recorded programs guide does not give the essential information: date and time of recording, title of program, length of program. It also does not separate recorded programs from scheduled programs.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

With the old guide you could see the original date a show aired, I can't see this with the new guide, for live shows or shows I have recorded. Also is there a way to separate my recordings so I don't have 3 episodes on one tile, rather than a list strickly by date recorded?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Your second item is a flaw in the design however the delay in response is something i have not seen at all since the update appeared. Not sure what the issue there is but that could be a hardware problem

I've Been Here Awhile

Hardware has been checked! Batteries reolaced, reboot done.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

When i say hardware i meant the model's CPU. Some development shops code and test on high end hardware ignoring the fact that not everyone has the latest and greatest. In my shop we had good development equipment but anything delivered to our branch network had to perform on the older equipment. Given not only the design flaws but other performance issues, i doubt that was the case with Navigatr

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If someone has a NB2.. its definately the CPU and other hardware aspects causing the slugishness Smiley Sad

Compared to say the NB3, its specifications are MUCH lower and underpowered... at least for this type of guide.

Even on the previous RTN guide, it was much slower and less responsive.

The guide should be programmed around this lower denominator... obviously isn't Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

@Steelheader wrote:

Hey, ROGERS!!!! Are you out there, listening??? Hello!!!

Everyone is saying..."Go back to your previous system, now!!" Before you lose your customer base. Or is this a message to say "Pain is good for you, and you will like it!"

Face it, the younger generations (Less than 40 years of age) don't watch TV. They stream on their cell phones and tablets. It appears your Navigatr is aimed at more computer savvy younger folk. Your infliction of all this pain is affecting those you need to keep most. That's right the older generation. As we get older we don't like change and certainly not when it is very uncomfortable. We also do not like to be kept in the dark.

For heaven's sake Rogers, send a message out. The silence is deafening!

I've asked Rogers the same thing:  are you listening?  Do you care about your loyal customers?  Why won't you say anything to address the many complaints?  The deafening silence is sending the message loud and clear that you don't care about our concerns.

I'm not at all opposed to change, as long as it is progress.  The new incarnation of Navigatr is a giant leap back in usability and functionality.  Unless I get some suitable feedback from Rogers on what they are doing to do to fix my/our problems, I'll have to subject myself to tons more change:  learning the system of a new provider.  I suspect others will do likewise.