UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@robindp

Thanks for the info although honestly even the things you can do are still way more inconvienient then they were on the old system, and some are just not practical like having to go into the guide system so the tv pic is too small to see just to check the time of day, and even checking anything with the info button is a pain since the banner it brings up is way to big and not translucent like the old one. The other big problem is that even if you can get the info you want the look is horrible and makes it near impossible to watch a program or recording while checking anything

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I hear you @mike017, the answers were provided to document the current workarounds and provide my commentary to whomever at Rogers is reading this. 😉

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Nearly all posts I have see about the Netbox Navigatr are negative.

I would like to make a positive suggestion.  When you press the LIST button, you get a very poor display of information on the programs recorded or scheduled to be recorded.

I recommend you tell your CISCO programmers to let the user set a VIEW  in  SETTINGS that allows them to choose different VIEWS like you do in Windows-File-View.   You should be able to display the LIST of programs (i.e. files) as large icons, small icons, tiles, list or detail.  Check out Windows File View if you don't know what I mean.

I prefer the DETAIL view so I can see exactly what I have recorded or scheduled.  Right now you can record a series of 3 to 6 shows and you can't tell which is the first one based on the information displayed for the current tile view. You have to select each one in order to see if it is Part 1, Part 2 or Part 3, etc.   I would rather see the DETAIL  for a recorded or scheduled list so that I don't have to SELECT each tile to figure out what it is, then EXIT, then SELECT the next one, then EXIT, etc. etc.  etc.  

You should also be able to set a FILTER so that you can list the recorded and scheduled programs separately, then toggle between the two.  Right now I have to scroll down through my 94 recorded programs to see what I have scheduled.  This is a real waste of time and very poor User Interface design.

I hope this helps you to fix your exceptional problems with Netbox Navigatr. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

since my nextbox was updated to the new navigatr, I cannot figure out how to change the video source using the up/down buttons I used to use.  I receive a "not available" error message when I try to move up to another video source.  Can someone provide some help?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Navigatr programing interface updated in our area 3 days ago. Scheduals , Movies and SHOMI etc. are loaded OK.

SEARCH feature however does not work. Will show "NOT FOUND" even when a program is known to be available.

Doing search will partially work when typing in first few letters, some titles with those first letters will show up, however they seem to be only titles that appear "graphically" on one of the "lists" eg, "New Releases" or "Kids Zone".

Many known movies  or TV shows (including SHOMI selections) are NOT displayed in the found seach list, even if an exact spelled matching title is used.

Have read on previous post from last year that it takes a few days for the search list to be populated, but as SOME seach results work, and other dont, and since the full schedual seems to have loaded fine, I am wondering what is the cause.

Certainly, 3 days should be enough to load ALL searchable indexes. (Resetting does not help- only a wasit of time for the re-boot)

Is anyone else experiencing this problem at this time/date for this area (Georgina/Keswick ON)?

Search use to work well for checking all program services (SHOMI, On Demand, PVR etc)....with this update (how do I find its version number?EDIT: Settings/System Information. UI Ver: 17334/28392) it seems so limited, I have to believe it is not working.

Thanks for your own advice or experences.

Gets very frustrating not having any other way to access a known show (SHOMI) that does not appear one of the 'drop-down' prorgam menues.

Eg, why can I not type in a known SHOMI program (Twilight Zone- the original TV Show) and have it play or the episode selection appear? There is no other "entry" method other than to find it with SEARCH and then select it for playing.

Be great if SEARCH worked, but no other work around for acesssing the full SHOMI and on demand library.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The program video on many channels/programs now only fills HALF the TV screen!

Go to (push)  MENUE  button on your remote. SHould bring up the new format of selection list that will have "settings" in the lower right side.

select "Settings" and a list will appear that starts with "Appearance".

Select "Appearance", and a selction list will appear that iclude

TV TYPE , VIDEO OUTPUT, VOD RESOLUTION

you can then try diffent settings for your TV type,But may have to try different settings for your own situation.

Pressing Video Seletion gives you options that seem to affect the SD picture, and will make it fill the screen completely, BUT it may also do the same for HD pictures and make them appear too big and you will lose the edges of the picture frame....I used the "streach" setting so Standard Def channels and content at least streach horizontally to make the picture bigger...

Its all very confusing, as it seems to depend on if the channel is an HD channel , AND/OR if the programing content is being sent in SD or HD format. ( within THOSE formats are other types of formats; eg 720 HD, 1080 P HD, 1080i  hD 16;9 SD and HD etc..

I hope this is what you were looking for.

If anyone has better info on how to make the now HAlf screen SD picture fill the screeen, yet HD appear as it should, PLEASE let us know!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I also sometimes get "Seach results failed to load" , but only for SOME known programs. Others still come back as NOT FOUND,when they are known to exist
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, ROGERS!!!! Are you out there, listening??? Hello!!!

Everyone is saying..."Go back to your previous system, now!!" Before you lose your customer base. Or is this a message to say "Pain is good for you, and you will like it!"

Face it, the younger generations (Less than 40 years of age) don't watch TV. They stream on their cell phones and tablets. It appears your Navigatr is aimed at more computer savvy younger folk. Your infliction of all this pain is affecting those you need to keep most. That's right the older generation. As we get older we don't like change and certainly not when it is very uncomfortable. We also do not like to be kept in the dark.

For heaven's sake Rogers, send a message out. The silence is deafening!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I do not really care about seeing a "picture-graphic" for the program, when only PART of the text for the title shows up...I would rather see the full title and NOT have to depend on the graphic to reconginze is the show I want.

(I am refering to the search and movie selection sections, not the "program schedual" section, as it atleast will scroll the title into full view as you advance the time slot)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Video source is on the TV control.