UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Roger wilco!  😉   

Frances48
I've Been Around

meaning of closed caption codes in navigatr settings like CC1 etc and T1 etc

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Frances48,

Programming can carry multiple Closed Captions, in different languages. In typical use, "CC1" is the primary language text while "CC3" is optional and can contain text in a different language. 

"T1" and "T2" are infrequently used in Canada, but sometimes present supplementary data (example: website URL).

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree updated videos would be helpful, like showing where the scheduled recordings.
I plan to take a bunch of pics and do a little guide, if Rogers doesn't by the time I get to do it (very busy this weekend)
Not perfect (and not my job) but if it will help people..

@park: just a note to one or so of your posts up about the nb2. If you do compare the tech specs between the nb2 and 3... There is a huge difference. It's the major reason that it under performs on the nb2... It just doesn't have the horsepower.
I am SURE the code could be optimized maybe to run a little better, but it's still more of a hardware limitation. It should have never been pushed to these boxes in my opinion.
And your mention about the nb3 being outdated for cloud... The nb3 specs from the mfg, it's fully capable able to do iptv and those other things if Rogers did choose to go that route.

I would back the idea of them replacing all nb2 with nb3!
(Well anyone renting, technically CAN do this. Doesn't help the people who bought)

park
I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty you would be good at getting a proper guide together. 

Re NB2 I woe the day I traded my sa8300 for an Nb2.

Underpowered/slow and flakey hardware from day1. 

May be memory challenged too, esp to hold all those pictures/tiles.

Needs to be recalled !

Re clouds etc.  Think that's our friend @BS 

Ever since the 1st personal computers, centralized ( cloud) vs decentralized argument has raged on.

Frankly there is a need for both, so both will continue o exist.

Do you own a phone with ZERO  storage ?

scb1
I've Been Around

I hate the new Navigatr.  It is clunky, slow and difficult to get basic details.

I would like to be able to view lists of my recordings and schedules that displays basic info such as date and channel without the space wasting pictures.

The old view was far more understandable and easy to follow.

rands
I've Been Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/Jan

After Rogers update to Navigatr update both Cisco PVR and HD box ( 1 of 2) do not show Settings Menu options.  One of the Cisco 4642 HD boxes does show the settings menu properly.  Power cycling the other Cisco HD  and PVR box does not make any difference.

Feature was present prior to Rogers rolling out the Navigatr update.  

I used to have to force the settings to 1080i on the boxes.  These boxes appeared to default to some other setting after some event which caused them to reset.  Both TVs are 3 or less years old, are full 1080p devices and connected via HDMI.  One is a name brand  Samsung and the other is what I suppose some might call "off-brand"  Sharp AQUOS, because it is not supported in Canada anymore.  

I have not found any Rogers FAQ or Support information for this Navigatr issue.   What is the fix for this issue? 

JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Apparently Rogers pushed out another update maybe Wednesday night?

The _only_ good thing about Naviagtr on my NB3 was that (for the most part) when you pushed a button things happened pretty quickly. Not any more.

Last night to select a specific program to watch took me over 10 minutes to set it up. Push the bitton - nothing happens - OK the box missed it so push again. Now the highlight shows on tile 2 - press select. It selects Tile 3 becuase, apparently, under the covers it had seen both button pushes but taken so long to do so that it hadn't updated the screen. As I say it took close to 10 minutes of steadily slowing down button pushes before I eventually managed to get to watch what I wanted. Deleting the program after watching it? Now that was fun! I won't go into detail but let's just say it took a very long time - so long that at one point it switched back to live TV in between its own deletion activities!

Thank you Rogers - you have so "improved" my TV watching experience that I'm finding myself watching more and more Netflix to reduce my frustration levels.

To the moderators - the one message I would love you to relay to your management (over and above to fix this mess) is this: Is is too much to ask that a simple apology be sent to those of us who have been suffering this since July? You know who we are, you know you screwed up by sending out software that any professional developer would be ashamed to even label an Alpha version. Yet nothing. No email. No offer of even a partial refund for the lost functionality. Nothing. Zilch. Rien. Your silence speaks volumes for your utter contempt for your customer base. 

Cap07

I only hope that when the day comes when we have all reached enlightenment and are content with the marvels of Navigatr some git superior mind doesn't decide it's time to re-org the menus and lists to make them even more readable. Why meddle with perfection?

mfait

New issue!

Had the new and not improved Navigatr for about a week.

I echo all the feedback already provided here.

Totally a step backwards, especially for listing recorded/scheduled shows!

Yesterday noticed that the REC light was ON, on the NB3 when nothing should be recording.  Seemed to be on all day.  Last night, after recording a show I wanted, I decided it was time to reset the box.  Unfortunately, the Settings menu was not working, so I has to power cycle.  When the NB3 booted up, LIST showed that the PVR was at 65%, when it should have been around 45%.  After a bit of poking around I discovered that it recorded 1575 minutes (little over 26 hours) of The Big Bang Theory, starting Thur night at 8:00 untile a little past 10:00 on Friday when I power cycled it.  This never happened with the RTN guide.

I tried to watch the half hour show, but it kicked me out after about 10 min into the show.  I had to restart the show and FF to the part we were at, but during the FF'ing, when it reached the same spot it kicked us out again.

Decided to delete the 26 hour episode, as it was not watchable, and hope it was on ROD.

After deleting the episode the PVR utilization dropped back to about 45%.