UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Thanks for the reply. Going to each tile to see if you have scheduled that program seems very labour intensive and inefficient for customers. I would call the old list of scheduled programs a customer requirement that needs to be restored.

It is not a change I like. 

How does one tell Rogers (not the unpaid volunteers) to put back the functionality that they took away?

Do the resident experts (REs) do that?  Where do the lowly customers provide feedback on mistakes like this?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Roger wilco!  ;-)   

I Plan to Stick Around

@User14 wrote:

How does one tell Rogers (not the unpaid volunteers) to put back the functionality that they took away?

Do the resident experts (REs) do that?  Where do the lowly customers provide feedback on mistakes like this?

I don't think anyone tells Rogers to put the functionality back that they took away. Rogers has categorically stated that Navigatr is here to stay and as long as that is the case, it will remain one of worst abominations that Rogers has ever inflicted on their customers. The only way to return the lost functionality would be a completely new GI and then it would not be Navigatr anymore! 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:

What I want to know from you poor souls working for Rogers is the location of the list of  'scheduled' recordings? I want to see the old list of programs that are scheduled to tape, not already taped.  Where is it?

Thanks.

@User14:  I'm not with Rogers, but there are several options:

1. In the list of "recordings" find the programme tile you're interested in, click on the tile, scroll up to "scheduled" and you'll see them there.  That programme (tile) is likely in one of two places - near the bottom of the list if there are no new recordings of the programme, or near the top of the list if there is a recent recording.

2. When in the list of recordings click on "Filter" (the red C at the top right). Scroll down to "Show all recordings" and click the right arrow, you can then select scheduled recordings. (Isn't that intuitive?  Smiley Wink )

3. Use AnyPlace Web for computer, or the App for tablet or phone.  The lists are still separate there.

Useful post, please read:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I Plan to Stick Around

I just received a message from Rogers Facebook page that they are reviewing the concerns listed in the forum.

So keep up the pressure whether it's on the forum or phone calls or their Facebook page. The more the concerns the faster the fixes will come.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Steelheader wrote:

I just received a message from Rogers Facebook page that they are reviewing the concerns listed in the forum.

So keep up the pressure whether it's on the forum or phone calls or their Facebook page. The more the concerns the faster the fixes will come.

I wouldn't hold your breath for too long. It took them SIX MONTHS to finally fix a few basic bugs. I don't see them addressing the real concerns in under two years.

Cheers

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The new Navigatr is utterly awful and is certainly going to drive me away from Rogers if not updated with better functionality in a matter of weeks.  You have about a month until I am frustrated beyond belief. The old system it replaced was far superior and even it was very poor. I don't know where to start with how terrible this new software is. Here is an imcomplete list of the ssues I have encountered so far:

1) Having to scroll through hundreds of tiles to find scheduled recordings is very very poor. There should be separate lists for scheduled and recorded programs. You can't even see the full title on the tile so you have to spend many minutes clicking on tiles to find what you are looking for.  No date is shown on the tile so you have to click on tiles to see the recorded date  

2) The option to select multiple files and delete them was excellent in the old software. Now you have to go to each individual tile individually. No way! 

3) The setup for an individual recording is more cumbersome with extra remote clicks required.

4) The search tool is worse, especially the long line of letters instead of a more compact grid that can be nagivated quickly. YES! People do use the search. There should be a wireless keyboard option. The search could and should be so much better on this PVR. 

5) Closed captioning buried in menus. It was easily acccessible with INFO button in the previous software, among other useful features

6) SORT and FILTER is a joke. Two options only. 

This is a HUGE step backwards for a PVR that was already lacking functionality.

Things that could be added (there are many more than this):

I want to be able to record by keyword (ie. I just want to type in Bluejays and it records every program on a channel that has anything to do with Bluejays in the title or description. Microsoft Media centre should be studied because it is a model of excellency in this area providing much flexibility.  I would like the ability to program a series not just based on the exact title but rather a portion of the title. For instance if MLB Baseball appears anywhere in the title then record it. 

I want the ability to change the tiles into just a text list for those that don't want massive tiles and prefer simple easy to use interfaces including lists of programs without fancy BELLs  (where I go next) and whistles.

A skip forward feature  with programmable times.

Ability to change 3 minute skip to desired time (30 seconds or 2 mins as an example).

I could go on. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hi Community,

The updated Navigatr rollout is complete. 

Well, that would explain why this forum is gong nuts and I'm getting hundreds of email notifications per day! Considered unsubscribing but it's a little bit satisfying watching this unfold. We all knew that once this was released on the masses that Rogers would really hear about it. Let's keep hoping that they get the message.

Margaret, Hassam and other mods: You've said you're passing along the feedback and I think most of us really appreciate it. I HOPE Rogers is trusting you folks to tell them what the public is saying. We know this situation isn't your fault and it can't be satisfying hearing this negativity all day. Let's hope the end result is something we're all happy with.

P.S. (and feel free to edit this line out): With respect, it is feeling a bit insulting how many posts you're editing and deleting. You haven't hit me but those of us who subscribe can see it happening in real time. It's pretty disrespectful and feels like a conspiracy. If you could stop it would make people feel a bit more trustful.

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

A very important question just occurred to me:

If I was given the choice to fix Ontario would I:

1. Get rid of Navigatr

2. Get rid of Kathleen Wynne

Its really close!

I've Been Around

meaning of closed caption codes in navigatr settings like CC1 etc and T1 etc