UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@TonyTV wrote:

How do I enable and disable the captions?

Tony, You cannot from a recording, you must go to a live channel, then click "Info" - "More" - "Scroll to turn on/off CC".  Note that if you use the up arrow instead of down, you can do this in 6 clicks instead of 11 - see more tips in the link below:

Anyone who hasn't done so already, Please also read the following summary post which summarizes 95+% of the discussions in this thread.  Although it may take you a few minutes to read these links, it'll probably save you hours of time and frustration.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just got new Navigator guide am very frustrated with some changes

- when reminder comes on screen it does not automatically switch to the new channel as it used to...convenient if you are multitasking and nowhere near the remote!

-" recorded " lists all individual, not as it used to by name with a sublisting of all individual episodes. Really inconvenient to have to enter each one to see if you have the oldest episode! Changing to alphabetical lists them together but is still a lot to go through...please bring back sub files

- "recorded" also seems to list "scheduled" on the same screen which is further confusing

- I actually find the guide colours easier to read than the last one but would appreciate having the current time added to the info screen as I can't read the blue numbers on the pvr box

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Well, didn't think they could make a TV Guide this complicated... but they did.

The previous guide allowed you to see what channel you were recording...and at what time.  This new guide doesn't let you see anything except the title of the show.

Also... I tried to use the filter button to see ONLY my scheduled recordings, but it just sits there and nothing happens.  Some of the scheduled recordings that are displayed have since been cancelled...and I don't know how to delete them.

Recording used to be so simple - now, there are several steps to follow just to record a program.  There must be a better, simpler way to watch TV and record our shows!!

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can view ONLY my scheduled recordings, please let me know.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I confess I'm a bit confused as to why the other thread "New Nextbox Navigator" was closed. The moderator announced that "With the updated Navigatr rollout now complete, I'm closing this thread and directing all posts to the updated Navigatr thread. "

Does this mean that there is a newer version of Navigatr than what we were given? If not, then I'd still greatly appreciate any help with the questions I posted over there (which people can no longer respond to). It went a little like this:

K, I'm just never going to make it through 166 pages in this thread alone to see if these other issues have been resolved so can anyone tell me....

•  Is there a way to get back to a 'List View' of titles as opposed to these wastefully large thumbnail graphics/tiles? No Page Up/Down, or wrap-around scrolling to mitigate for now? (MIcrosoft CEO dumped partially over the Win8 tile debacle... anyone paying attention?)

• why do we have duplicates of these wastefully large graphic tiles? One series shows a row of 7 of the same graphic for separate episodes, and one of those contains 3 episodes(!). I presume the latter is a 'folder' and that I'm supposed to know that?

• If the above means episodes were recorded on different channels, I can't see that. Is the channel recorded on listed somewhere like it was before?

• A while ago Rogers introduced a GREAT feature to Select All (episodes in a folder) while still able to deselect individually (yellow button). Please tell me they haven't removed that functionality. This and the fact that what were once 1 or 2 clicks away, like CC and Watch Live, seem to now be buried in more menus and sub menus makes me wonder how we can be told Navigatr makes things "faster" and "easier". I will not be easily hypnotized. 

• Half of these wastefully large tiles have no graphic, and no content. Only the title on black. Please don't tell me these were deleted in Rogers 'upgrade'. Entire unwatched series gone???

I did see others mention the overall pain trying to read horribly small fonts, or small fonts on low contrast, unintuitive menu navigation, etc. which are all unfortunately inherently part of the overall design. Wow. Such a long way to go. And to think I used to complain about eyeball-searing red on black. Please bring back the eyeball-searing. I promise to be good. 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

@TonyTV wrote:

How do I enable and disable the captions?

Tony, You cannot from a recording, you must go to a live channel, then click "Info" - More - Scroll to turn on CC"

Please also read the following summary post which summarizes 95+% of the discussions in this thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Rather than having to refernce @57@.s excellent summary every few posts, could someone @ Rogers perhaps the responsible product mgr. put this info into a FAQ, guide and video.  It would also be extremely useful to acknowledge what software  fixes are underway to rectify certain problems..

Please preface this with a plausible rationale as to why you chose Navigatr over RTN ? There must be some reason.  Eg Cisco/technicolor was dropping support for RTN. Espial spun a great story, we thought you'd like it, We screwed up sorry trying to fix it.  We can't go back because....

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The other thread was closed, as it was more about the 1.0 rollout of navigatr.. which came out before xmas and was halted.  This is more Navigatr 2.0.

- No, there is no way to back to the list way 😞
- Likely what has happened here.. least from what i know... if you have CSI for example.  You have a series shedule for it, should put all those in one tile/folder.  But you end up recording one on another channel.. that puts it in another folder.. a manual one.. another folder.  WHY they did it this way.. i would rather them in one name folder.. then identifiers inside.
- Blank tiles.  Give it time.. usually under a day or so.  MOST of those should populate with the images.
As for the blank/empty folders.. these are ones which there are 'series' recordinds that are or were set at some point.  The show may not air anymore, so hasnt recorded on in a year.. but the schedule was still there.  You could go through and remove all those.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

A tip - called tech support last week to say that no tile art was present. The engineer "sent a signal" and asked me to reboot the PVR - 20 minutes later, 95% of the tiles had art on them.

I did not get an explanation as to why this didn't happen automatically.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Spoiler

Johnrc123 wrote:

I confess I'm a bit confused as to why the other thread "New Nextbox Navigator" was closed. The moderator announced that "With the updated Navigatr rollout now complete, I'm closing this thread and directing all posts to the updated Navigatr thread. "

CLOSED CAUSE THE REALLY TERIBLE JULY 28 NAVI WHICH WAS LA

Johnrc123 wrote:

CLOSED CAUSE THE EALLY TERIBLE JULY 28 NAVI WHICH WAS LOADED INTO A FEW AREA BEFORE BEING STOPPED, HAS BEEN REPLACED BY THE UPGRADED NOT AS BAD VERSION.

Does this mean that there is a newer version of Navigatr than what we were given? If not, then I'd still greatly appreciate any help with the questions I posted over there (which people can no longer respond to). It went a little like this:

NO YOU GOT THE LATEST.

K, I'm just never going to make it through 166 pages in this thread alone to see if these other issues have been resolved so can anyone tell me....

•  Is there a way to get back to a 'List View' of titles as opposed to these wastefully large thumbnail graphics/tiles? No Page Up/Down, or wrap-around scrolling to mitigate for now? (MIcrosoft CEO dumped partially over the Win8 tile debacle... anyone paying attention?)

NO NOT IN THIS VERSION, PERHAPS NEVER.

• why do we have duplicates of these wastefully large graphic tiles? One series shows a row of 7 of the same graphic for separate episodes, and one of those contains 3 episodes(!). I presume the latter is a 'folder' and that I'm supposed to know that?

EACH PROGRAM IS A SEPARATE TILE. UNLESS YOU SET UP A SERIES.

• If the above means episodes were recorded on different channels, I can't see that. Is the channel recorded on listed somewhere like it was before?
  • WHO CARES ABOUT CHANNELS ITS THE VISUAL PIC AND PROGRM YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT !

• A while ago Rogers introduced a GREAT feature to Select All (episodes in a folder) while still able to deselect individually (yellow button). Please tell me they haven't removed that functionality. This and the fact that what were once 1 or 2 clicks away, like CC and Watch Live, seem to now be buried in more menus and sub menus makes me wonder how we can be told Navigatr makes things "faster" and "easier". I will not be easily hypnotized. 
  • WE NEVER TEST NEW STUFF ON REAL USERS. WE KNOW BEST WHAT YOU NEED.

• Half of these wastefully large tiles have no graphic, and no content. Only the title on black. Please don't tell me these were deleted in Rogers 'upgrade'. Entire unwatched series gone???
  • IF YOUR TILE HAS NO GRAPHICS ITS CAUSE ITS ODDBALL STUFF LIKE ON PBS THAT NO ONE WATCHES

I did see others mention the overall pain trying to read horribly small fonts, or small fonts on low contrast, unintuitive menu navigation, etc. which are all unfortunately inherently part of the overall design. Wow. Such a long way to go. And to think I used to complain about eyeball-searing red on black. Please bring back the eyeball-searing. I promise to be good. 

CRTC RECD. OMPLAINTS ABOUT SMALL FONTS, SO WE CHANGED THEM TO APPEAR LARGER. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

"- I actually find the guide colours easier to read than the last one but would appreciate having the current time added to the info screen as I can't read the blue numbers on the pvr box"

You can set the brightness of the box display.

Under "Settings", go to "System", then scroll down to "Front Panel Brigtness".  playing with that setting might help.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Does the new navigatr guide does not provide a list of the recorded programs?   Such questions asked on the FAQ for this subject elicit this response... Can you please submit your inquiry to Rogers Community Forums: xxxxxx I had to delete this link to post this xxxxxxx
A rep in the forums will be able to help. Thanks for commenting.

It appears that there are people on this forum doing work for Rogers for free.  I am sorry, but I don't have time to hunt around for this information.