UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@bobbysk wrote:

Since we are complaining...  My 3 year old now knows what is recorded on the PVR for her as Rogers has added these tiles with programming logos!

Well, that does seem to be the target audience.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@JEL wrote:

@bobbysk wrote:

Since we are complaining...  My 3 year old now knows what is recorded on the PVR for her as Rogers has added these tiles with programming logos!

Well, that does seem to be the target audience.

Ya, not us 60 year olds.

I Plan to Stick Around

You have got to be kidding!??! I have already canselled my two cell phone do to poor service! I am NOT going to spend two hours on the phone with you. I've had it!! Fix it or go back to the old way. I'm looking into Bell for TV, home phone, & internet. Once deal is made, don't call me to make a better deal on your . TY srvice!! Have A nice day.Smiley Mad

I'm an Advisor

Reply moved from another thread: Re: Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

Hello @Gdkitty,

My 8642s have nothing recorded on them (all recorded content is centralized on the NB3). I had many technicians come out to try and diagnose/correct the issue, and they always state that signal levels look good and that nothing is wrong (but, they always say that). 

I have 5 STBs, 2 DTA-50s, Internet and Home Phone - Rogers had to install a splitter and signal amplifier at the cable demarc in the basement. 

In my case, the 8642s are slow...even after a factory restore. All my STBs (except the 8300HD) are running Navigatr 2.0, and one STB (8642) is deployed behind a MoCA filter (whole home PVR only supports 2 HD PVRs plus 7 HD terminals). 

The Nextbox 3 is installed in my living room and is so much faster, it's like night and day (fast even when 5 programs are simultaneously recording, and others are streaming content from it via WHPVR). 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, the 9865 is MUCH more powerful... and could handle it.

Do you find the 8642 now on Nav2.0 slower obviously than the 9865... but slower than before on RTN?

I Plan to Stick Around

I see your 10-point list, here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/page/75...

In my case it is the 7th post - may vary depending on your screen resolution.

I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty Yes, I find that my 8642s are slower on Navigatr 2.0 than they were on RTN. It is hard to draw a direct comparison though, the Navigatr software seems to be updated and changed weekly - no time to allow the software to 'settle'. 

Even more strange - my 4642 (HD terminal) operates faster than the 8642s (guide moves quicker, the recorded content list appears faster and cursor responds quicker). The 4642, cable wise, is furthest from the cable demarc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes my 8642 with N'r is definitely slower...and with more steps, more painful!
I Plan to Stick Around

The weather - Press the Green "D" - now needs two buttons: Press "D" to open, then press "Exit" to close. Before it was "D" to do both. How is this an improvement, and that's just one silly thing they've complicated with this update   <sigh>

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robindp wrote:

@Gdkitty Yes, I find that my 8642s are slower on Navigatr 2.0 than they were on RTN. It is hard to draw a direct comparison though, the Navigatr software seems to be updated and changed weekly - no time to allow the software to 'settle'. 

Even more strange - my 4642 (HD terminal) operates faster than the 8642s (guide moves quicker, the recorded content list appears faster and cursor responds quicker). The 4642, cable wise, is furthest from the cable demarc.

Ah ok, from your earlier post, i miss understood, thought you were saying it was faster.  Thanks for the clear up Smiley Happy

The 4642 being quicker.. does make sense.. since it only has like 1/2 the programming it in.. it doesnt have to do any of the recording processing, etc.

@Steelheader wrote:
Yes my 8642 with N'r is definitely slower...and with more steps, more painful!

And the more i think on it, the more i wonder where a lot of the frustration is comming from... well EXTRA frustration
Just due to the ages of the boxes, there are likely MORE 8642s out there than 9865s.

The few people i have talked to which are more OK, or less annoyed by the new guide.. have ALL been on the new 9865 box, where it runs quickly.  Those extra clicks may not seem so bad.
But on a slower and LAGGY box.. yeah.. those extra presses could be torture.

Anyone who is RENTING the box (and does not own), if you can get to a point of no recordings (or low enough that you dont care about whats left) I would recomend switching to the 9865.  Its the same rental cost.

(also looks like there are semi newer pricing maybe too? If people bundle (re bundle?) there is is slightly cheaper costs too.  http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/hardware)