UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@stanleylai88 are you by chance refering to playing a recorded program on a tv that is connected via composite connectors?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Stanley, Better to threaten them in the billings department and threaten to pull that $$ plug.

I suggest we all call them to complain. You'll move more that way.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you have access to the SETTINGS screen??

Tech Support keeps telling me to COLD BOOT the boxes (unplug for 3 minutes and then plug them back in and allow them to totally reload and reboot) but still doens't show anything.  Have NO ACCESS to Parental Controls, which I believe is in the SETTINGS menu options, also my one TV is showing everything in 720, so I have upper and lower bars.  Before the update the settings for the TV was 1080i giving me full screen.  Until I can get into the SETTINGS to change things it looks like bars for the SUPER BOWL.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

NO composite cables.  Rogers Cable to both boxes and then HDMI out to both TVs.

Thanks for the reply and inquiry.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That is one way, but if we complain to the tech team then customer tickets get generated.  And if enough get generated for a specific issue it should start raising RED FLAGS up the Rogers chain of command.  Tickets are monitored by management.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Something is definately up with your box..
(well and possibly some others)

The settings should work.. i dont think thats necessarily a GLOBAL issue.  That is one thing i did test as soon as i got my update was going into the settings, and I was able to go in.  

The 720p setting though.. shouldnt give the black bars, as far as i am aware.  At least it did not used to. maybe is different in this version.  Does your TV have an option to see what input it is actually getting?
i have my box in the basement set up to 720p, as its the max my projector does.  I have not tested since i got the upgrade yet though.

I wonder if the settings, etc.. have a while to populate if there is a bad or weaker signal?
I know it took me 1/2 a day for the data for the tiles to load.. but there are others who still dont have any tile data.. i am wondering if a weaker signal causes it to take longer.. and possibly other things too?

(just guesses here unfortunately 😞 )

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

And the wiring guess might not be a bad one. I know when i got a new outlet put in for my son's room a while back, the tech that came ended up upgrading the coaxial cable in the entire house because he said that it was an older type that wasn't good enough. It had been in there for years. I noticed the difference afterwards.

I checked the settings as well and that was easy to do. Again, usability issues exist that i wouldn't have implemented but that is a different subject

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, in fairness to Rogers on one point - and only one point Smiley Tongue - the grey boxes have started populating with TV show icons.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes i have noticed that too

I Plan to Stick Around

Since we are complaining...  My 3 year old now knows what is recorded on the PVR for her as Rogers has added these tiles with programming logos!