UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@AWS242 wrote:

Next Box 2 Updated Navigatr - How can I see if I have an recording conflicts?

I have a Next Box 2  & this week we got the updated Navigatr - How can I see if I have an recording conflicts?

Anne

Saying a prayer might be helpful?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @kooleeoh,

There is no way to remove that line, unfortunately. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@kooleeoh wrote:

Line in Navigatr Guide

Guide_ModernFamily.png

Is there any way to get rid of this dotted line?  I really dont need see that it is 7:50pm in the guide.  Is there a way to disable/hide?  

That's one of the few things that doesn't get under my skin, although I agree it's not necessary.  A time display in the header would work fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

@dm9 wrote:

This means that the only way the shows will be grouped in a folder is if you record it as a series???

This is crazy.

As you mentioned, many shows are repeated at different times/days.

What difference does it make when I decide to record an episode of a series.

At least Rogers is consistent.  EVERYTHING about it is CRAZY!

I'm an Advisor

@Spiritwood wrote:
Ummmm, wanna come over and see? No reason for me to lie about it. But I'm also not about to unplug the received to try and get the new Navi on the ones that don't have it....

I for one believe you. @Gdkitty@ with all your experience here, please do not underestimate the incompetence @ Rogers.

@Spiritwood is a unique test case, he has both old and new running side by side.

If you wish, a couple pics w dates would prove your point for the unbelievers.

Please let us know if/when the other boxes get navied.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since there are a huge number of posts in the various Navigatr threads, I developed the following summary posts which should prove helpful for those recently infected with Navigatr.   These posts address many, but not all, of the recent questions from those new to Navigatr.

Summary of Navigatr Issues, Post 562:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Navigatr Tips, Post 563:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

CC Tip and "Exit" tip, Post 584:

Additional recent info:

Series scheduled recordings will appear in the “tiles” near the top of the “recorded” list if one of the series episodes has been recorded. You’ll need to click on the tile and click the “scheduled” tab.

Series recordings will typically be in one tile, while any individual recordings will have their own tile. (no folders like before)

To see a programme that is currently recording, go to the relevant tile, probably near the top of the list, click scheduled tab in the tile and it should be there to watch.

With Navigatr, it’s extremely difficult to find conflicting recordings (perhaps the AnyPlace/App might help). You may wish to consider getting a 9865/NB3.

There is no way to revert to the previous (RTN) firmware or to stop Navigatr from being downloaded to your NextBox(s) (4642, 8642, 9865).

Several people have mentioned that the composite video output has been copy protected and cannot be recorded (onto say a DVD recorder or VCR). Also, some people have mentioned that they can’t even connect composite (Yellow cable) video to their TV. (Composite, not component video)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All NextBoxes (4642, 8642, 9865) will get Navigatr, unless the NextBox (usually an 8642) is running SARA instead of RTN.  (There are a few of those around)

I've Been Around

The user interface on the new Rogers Navigator leaves much to be desired. 

Beyond the needless pictures and the clutter of showing both recorded and scheduled programming on the same page, is the fact that fonts are being used that are either too small or too narrow to be read.  Though Rogers claims to have "done a ton of research to improve the user interface of your NextBox," it seems that little or none of that research involved people who actually use NextBox, namely, the company's customers.  That Rogers further claims that "we understand the changes might be hard to get used to" is rather patronizing.  In other words, while there are things about the new Navigator Rogers' customers don't like, they're just going to have to "get used to" them.  Sorry, but getting "used to" fonts that cannot be read today will not make them any more readable tomorrow, next month, or next year.         

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No one is saying that we dont beleive that they are not upgraded yet.

As 57 said above, at least from Rogers end, they have said all boxes should get it. Again as long as they are are RTN (the previous version of the guide)

Some how some people have a bunch of 8642s and may 4642s which never got upgraded from SARA, the original guide. These may the only ones that escape from it. And even then? Who knows.

I Plan to Stick Around

I so very much want to be proven to be an incompetent who just can't figure out the "new and improved" or just isn't "comfortable" with the new procedures, but I fear that is not the case.  Someone, please prove me wrong!  Are we all perhaps just working with a multi-flawed beta version??