Next Box 2 Updated Navigatr - How can I see if I have an recording conflicts?
I have a Next Box 2 & this week we got the updated Navigatr - How can I see if I have an recording conflicts?
Can someone please tell me how to turn CC on or off? It used to be so easy and intuitive before, but now I cannot figure it out.
Hit the Settings button on your remote. On screen scroll down to the Closed Captions options, click on it and make your choices. If you're trying to do it with a recorded show I have read here that it cannot be done, but haven't tried it.
is there any way to revert back to a previous version? I HATE the new navigator.
Well, I've had the Navigatr for about two days now and I've tried to give it the benefit of the doubt (and there are a few nice things about it) but I have a hard-time believing that anyone who uses a PVR reguarly ever got to give feedback on this software before it got released. It is really a pain to do things that I regularly do with it and honestly this is pushing me towards switching to another option To detail out my pain, here's what I've encountered (much of which I'm sure has been noted but I thought I'd chime in on my grief):
- Getting to the management of upcoming recordings is painful. You used to be able to push the green button in the middle of the remote (can't recall how it's labeled) twice and there you'd be. Now you have to change your filter with multiple key-presses and it's laughable. With so many recordings each week (we have a busy life with kids and many activities) we record literally everything and play it back later so I'm in there daily ensuring that 3 things aren't trying to record at the same time and also checking that everything is getting picked up correctly (which is a problem if shows aren't set-up as "New" correctly in the guide).
- The visual presentation of this upcoming recordings section doesn't easily show what is being recorded at one time. The images are pretty but really useless for managing things. One consolidated list that allows you to view the show names, date/time being recorded and length of recording is so much more meaningful. You have to select each show and see when it's on - it's just painful beyond belief...
- I'm also experiencing the duplicate entries for recorded shows (which is apparently because they were recorded on different channels or times) but that makes no sense! I sometimes have to timeshift a show because of an overlap and so now they get thrown in multiple folders that I manually (and painfully) have to navigate to figure out which one to watch from which folder. Why not put programs of the same name in the same "folder". It makes no sense not to and that's how the previous version worked.
- If you're navigating within a show's list, you used to be able to scroll up to go to the bottom of the list (so that you can watch the oldest one recorded). This no longer works and so you have to scroll down to the bottom taking much longer to find your next show.
- While watching a show and fast-forwarding through commercials, you used to be able to use a button that would stop the fast-forwarding and back-up a bit so that you didn't miss any of the show. The button still works but it's as slow as anything and doesn't function in any manner that is useful. Skipping commercials is now harder than ever.
As pretty as this new interface is, it's just incredibly frustrating to use! I'm in IT and nothing this disfunctional would ever make it through the user-acceptance testing phase of our releases. What happened here and, more importantly, what are the plans to address any of the many concerns that people have about this new functionality?
Thanks for taking the time to read through this - typing it out has been somewhat therapeutic!
I don't have any answers for you, but your concerns are almost identical to mine. I imagine that things will get a little bit better with practice, but mostly I feel very annoyed. A lot of functionality was lost, and managing future recordings is much tougher. Maybe they are trying to get everyone to upgrade to a box that will let you record 8 things at once?
I have a box that will let me record 8 things at once and think that only makes things worse in terms of trying to manage what is being recorded at any given time.
"I will admit that the pictures are a pleasant enhancement" - they might be if they were better chosen - or for that matter even there consistently. Of the ones present on my box (NB3) only about 50% have any obvious connection to the program. And only about 60% have any pictures at all on any given day - they have a tendency to come and go.
And if the (not easily recognizable) pictures are not there, the text displayed can be equally useless. I had two different tiles that both said "Restauran...". One was for Restaurant Impossible and the other for Restaurant Startup. And it's not like there isn't enough space for all of the text. There are other things I record that showed much longer titles! The only way to know which folder was which was to select it and look inside. So much for the fewer clicks we've been told about so you we can watch TV faster and easier.
I keep hoping this is all a dream and that I'll wake up and realize this has all been a nasty nightmare!
Yes the tile pictures are nice except when you have 8 of the same picture on your screen.
(recorded 8 episodes of The Expanse and would think that they'd be all in one single folder).
As an IT professional myself, I can't believe that Rogers QA didn't catch this.
Rogers does QA?
As the user above you mentioned, it IS possible.
Go into which show it was.. that show wont show up in the RECORDED until its finished.
Go into the scheduled tab, and should have the one recording there.. and you can select to watch it from right there
Just did it 20 mins ago 🙂
For some unknown reason a program being recorded is still scheduled.
BUT, it is NO LONGER scheduled, its partially RECORDED.
Once the software tags it as RECORDED it easier to find, view etc.
We've asked for this simple and correct fix/change since last July.
Ignored so far ! ! !
"However, I've noticed a new problem . . . once a recording has begun on the PVR, it is impossible to watch the program being recorded from the beginning of the program. So, let's say I've set the PVR to record a show I want to view later that same night since it begins to air 15 mins before I can get home . . . I need to wait until the whole thing records on the PVR before watching any of it! It's either that or begin watching in real time and then go to the PVR'd version to catch the beginning (yes, that's ridiculous!)."
You can't be serious! That reminds me of the previous generation boxes, where it would start your viewing of in-progress recordings at the current time. You'd have to close your eyes and REW to the start in order to go from the beginning.
Please tell me that isn't the case!
I just tested this and I was able to watch a show that was still recording. At first I thought, geez, did they mess this up too, but noticed the "watch" selection isn't where it usually is. I guess it was a different designer for that implementation that didn't get the memo to put the "watch" button in the same place as recorded shows.
Take a look to the right of your screen and hopefully your watch button is there.
Line in Navigatr Guide
Is there any way to get rid of this dotted line? I really dont need see that it is 7:50pm in the guide. Is there a way to disable/hide?