UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

You are kidding! Is that right?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have been able to watch shows that are still recording. The tricky part is that they remin filed under Scheduled re ordings until they are complete. But I can go there, find the currently recording show, and watch it. I have a hundred other complaints, but this is possible.

I Plan to Stick Around

"However, I've noticed a new problem . . .  once a recording has begun on the PVR, it is impossible to watch the program being recorded from the beginning of the program.  So, let's say I've set the PVR to record a show I want to view later that same night since it begins to air 15 mins before I can get home . . .  I need to wait until the whole thing records on the PVR before watching any of it!  It's either that or begin watching in real time and then go to the PVR'd version to catch the beginning (yes, that's ridiculous!)."

You can't be serious!   That reminds me of the previous generation boxes, where it would start your viewing of in-progress recordings at the current time.   You'd have to close your eyes and REW to the start in order to go from the beginning.

Please tell me that isn't the case!

I Plan to Stick Around

@park wrote:

@Spiritwood wrote:
Updates rolled out in Ottawa today. Only one of my three boxes were hit. How can I prevent the ones that were not hit from being hit?

Hi interesting can u clarify?

Does Hit = downloaded new Navi??? 

R alll machines Nextboxes ?

Any disconnected from power plug around 2am ?

I have 4 boxes

1 - new Navi downloaded (nextbox - hdpvr)

2 - no new Navi downloaded (nextbox -hpvr)

1 - no new Navi downloaded (hd receiver)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As the user above you mentioned, it IS possible.  

Go into which show it was.. that show wont show up in the RECORDED until its finished.

BUT

Go into the scheduled tab, and should have the one recording there.. and you can select to watch it from right there

Just did it 20 mins ago 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spiritwood wrote:

@park wrote:

@Spiritwood wrote:
Updates rolled out in Ottawa today. Only one of my three boxes were hit. How can I prevent the ones that were not hit from being hit?

Hi interesting can u clarify?

Does Hit = downloaded new Navi??? 

R alll machines Nextboxes ?

Any disconnected from power plug around 2am ?

I have 4 boxes

1 - new Navi downloaded (nextbox - hdpvr)

2 - no new Navi downloaded (nextbox -hpvr)

1 - no new Navi downloaded (hd receiver)

There is no way.

Even if you unpluged them.. they would get it the next time they were plugged in.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robtoe wrote:

If the grey boxes were populated with TV show icons, that would actually be helpful, and visually appealing, akin to Plex or other media apps.   Maybe we'll see that in late 2017.

However empty grey boxes take up about the same screen real estate as a list (more or less), but have the drawback of smaller text, as far as I can tell.

Other than something that doesnt have anything yet (the OJ mini series thing).. all of mine do.
They didnt when i got the new guide over last night/this morning.. but by tonight, they were there.

They may just take a little time to populate.

(and just like the downloading.. the better signal quality.. may effect how quickly they download, etc.)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is it they say on Star Trek:  "Resistance is futile".  Something like that.

I Plan to Stick Around

Navigatr just plane sucks! Why do you need pictorial boxes? Before N'r everything

was in a neat display in one screen. And you could jump back and forth between recorded and scheduled recordings with a click of the "List" green button. And captions are now hidden in "more" with the info button. Too many sub buttons to click to get to things you could do more easily before. I believe that the IT guys are trying to hold on to their jobs by coming up with a new project they thrilled themselves with naming Navigatr. And you do need a big university course to navigate your way through. Do they think we are dumb?? We could get rid of series in one click before. 

The similar programs that pop up when we watch or record something have no...no similarity at all. It is NOT easier to use and involves more steps to access the things you want.

The recorded programs have no dates or channels showing as they did before N'r.!!

Best way to deal with them is to go to the business office and tell them you are going to cancel all your services and go to Bell!

I Plan to Stick Around

Ummmm, wanna come over and see? No reason for me to lie about it. But I'm also not about to unplug the received to try and get the new Navi on the ones that don't have it....