UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Solved! Had to call Rogers support and they told me to keep pressing 'Cable' and 'OK' until TV came up again

Thanks Smiley Happy

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: My TV is stuck on 'My New TV Guide'

@Dumfies wrote:

Solved! Had to call Rogers support and they told me to keep pressing 'Cable' and 'OK' until TV came up again

Thanks Smiley Happy

1. Common problem. I keep my remote in the side pocket of my Lazyboy chair and often a button gets pushed taking it off CBL.

2. Moderators edit posts here for appropriate content, usually with no changes. I suspect that while a post is open for editing, you can't see it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got mine updated. Wait, what are the big grey boxes in my PVR recordings for? They aren't even pictures or icons or anything. Just big grey boxes with the show title. Very strange design choice.

I've Been Around

select multiple recordings

How can you select multiple recordings with the new navigator?

I Plan to Stick Around

It is not the progress bar that I am concerned about. That was always at the bottom as you used FF/Rev. We know have a scrolling banner at the top left showing the channel ad the title of the game I am watching. This banner is right on top of the score when you are watching a BPL game. I used to FF until I see the score change and then Rev to watch that specific segment. I know have to FF/ move up to hit exit to remove the banner and then back down to the Rev button. Cumbersome.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am seeing a mix of same-named shows grouped (within the same empty grey box, meh), and some same-named shows in a separate grey box for each.

I haven't checked yet, but can only guess that those separated out are recorded on different dates/times (i.e. using the ANY operator when recording) vs shows that record once a week, on the same channel, same time.

Unfortunatley separate grey boxes for each is not helpful, and this could have easily been spotted with basic UI testing.

I Plan to Stick Around

If the grey boxes were populated with TV show icons, that would actually be helpful, and visually appealing, akin to Plex or other media apps.   Maybe we'll see that in late 2017.

However empty grey boxes take up about the same screen real estate as a list (more or less), but have the drawback of smaller text, as far as I can tell.

I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone please tell me how to turn CC on or off? It used to be so easy and intuitive before, but now I cannot figure it out.

I Plan to Stick Around

They seem to have fixed the problem I'd noticed and commented on with regard to the closed captionning.  I'm now getting non-gibberish english closed captionning on the programmes I've saved to my PVR.  Good.  Hope this is a permanent fix.

However, I've noticed a new problem . . .  once a recording has begun on the PVR, it is impossible to watch the program being recorded from the beginning of the program.  So, let's say I've set the PVR to record a show I want to view later that same night since it begins to air 15 mins before I can get home . . .  I need to wait until the whole thing records on the PVR before watching any of it!  It's either that or begin watching in real time and then go to the PVR'd version to catch the beginning (yes, that's ridiculous!).

I've Been Around

This is the worst abomination of an online guide that I could ever imagine. Way to go Rogers.