UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Not liking the new guide sadly. Would've preferred improvements to the old guide.

1) I can't filter the recorded shows from scheduled recordings so I spend way more time sifting through to complete an action

2) showing all the titles makes it hard to quickly scan and find what I'm looking for. I can't think of a benefit to all the tiles...

3) I can no longer view the info about a recording while watching it

4) it's so much slower and lags more than the old one

5) the "more like this" definitely doesn't work

6) the search doesn't appear to be working

7) everything appears less organized and not very easy to navigate through. The older version was easier to see and navigate from the start.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@gjdj  Yes, when you see the phrase "We’re always working on improving your TV experience, so keep checking back for more updates."  This is code for we agree this is a problem and we are considering it.  The first FAQ's in July - they are still on their site - there were close to 10 of these phrases, and they did respond to them, although not necessarily fully or bug free (e.g. CC)

This generally is the only formal communication we get - is the messages of rollout dates - the posting of those dates on this forum, the notices of stopping rollouts on this forum, and occassionally buried deep at the bottom of the shopping page cable description of Nextbox and Navigtr.

So look for those phrases when they arise, it says this is one they are willing to indirectly admit that it needs work in that area.

Bruce

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

I hate the new Navigator! i cant find any info on the shows i have recorded all u show is the pic of the title and if u want info u must click the pick and still it only tells u when it was recorded doesnt tell u the station or time or channel! i used to have all my recording under headings so i could go into them all if needed and then choose what date to watch but now i have to do each one separate also to delete u could do a whole folder at once. the guide is just horrible it was easier to read before now this new update all blends in together.  i thought it was to make it easier but now they give u less control and less info??

I've Been Around

Was kinda looking forward to an improvement, and then the new navigator arrived today!!! This is defintely a move backwords...where are my folders?? Where is the date?? How long was that show, 1/2 hr usually, but this one went 1 hr or maybe that 1 hr show went 2 hrs, I don't know!!! I agree completely with you rgoossens, this is really a move backwords!! 

Rogers...Who the heck do you use as focus groups?? 

I will certainly be rethinking this whole TV/Phone/internet thing in the next while!! Maybe it is time to give Bell a shot.

I'm Here A Lot

Generally, an 'Upgrade' would indicate that you'd get some new features without loosing any previous functionality.

In all, the new Navigator has a nice look to it, but in too many cases developers are too consumed with the 'eye candy' to consider usability.

Apart from the grouping that I mentioned before, there is a vertical line in the guide that shows how much has the current show progressed. Although it may seem like it's a good idea to have that, I found it distracting.

Hope they address these issues soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

I hear you.

They still haven't fixed series recordings.

Let's say you've recorded a series.   Do you start by watching episode 9 (the most recent), or do you watch episode 1 (the oldest)?   Yet, Rogers only offers up the most recent at the top of the list.

I guarantee you that most people select the series, page or cursor down the list, until they get the oldest recording.   Be sure not to look at the preview/description of a given episode if you don't want to ruin things.

Basic user testing would have shown this, both with the old UI, and the new navigator UI.  

Or, as a workaround, would be nice to have a sort for series recordings, i.e. reverse by date.  I can't find one in the navigator - if I'm wrong, please let me know.

I've Been Here Awhile

what i really miss is when u went to the guide to record a show it would list all the times that show was on and their channels now i can't find the channel i recorded my last show because of this stupid guide only tell me what day i recorded it!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

this is exactly how i feel i have no idea what they were thinking they have made the whole situation harder not easier to use!

I've Been Here Awhile

I have had no trouble with Rogers for more than year but tonight I turned on my TV and a new 'My New TV Guide' appeared and I cannot get past it with remote. I can hear sounds of other channels but I cannot change channels or move beyond TV Guide.

I have tried a reboot and it still did not fix it.

Someone please help..... or if the answer is so easily found in the forum, please help as I have tried many variations  in search field with no solutions found

)

Thanks for help. I'm grateful and appreciative 🙂

***Edited Labels*** 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not being able to control it though?  Thats a first that i have heard with the new guide.

The remote, is on CBL? (when you press buttons, the cbl button lights up?)