UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Previously recorded shows not grouping

After Rogers updated my NextBox/Pvr  to the new and 'Improved' guide, I've noticed that my previously recoded shows (with the same name) are not grouped into folders as with the previous version.

I have several recored episodes of the some series and they all show up as individual tiles even though they have the same title. Now I have 3 pages of tiles to navigate through.

The previous version used to automatically create a folder when arranging the view by title (ie. alpha sort).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a setting that I'm not aware of that can fix this?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

What is particularly interesting to me (and particularly damning of Rogers) is the number of IT professionals (myself included) who cannot understand how anything this badly designed and implemented ever got out the door. It is not just in this thread - there were many of us on the original 170+ pages) thread from the July introduction.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

"I will admit that the pictures are a pleasant enhancement" - they might be if they were better chosen - or for that matter even there consistently. Of the ones present on my box (NB3) only about 50% have any obvious connection to the program. And only about 60% have any pictures at all on any given day - they have a tendency to come and go.
I'm Here A Lot

Yes the tile pictures are nice except when you have 8 of the same picture on your screen.

(recorded 8 episodes of The Expanse and would think that they'd be all in one single folder).

As an IT professional myself, I can't believe that Rogers QA didn't catch this.

I Plan to Stick Around

@dm9 wrote:

As an IT professional myself, I can't believe that Rogers QA didn't catch this.

Most likely because Rogers does not have any QA. Smiley LOL How else do you explain them continuing to roll this out with all these glitches?

I've Been Around

Navigatr Sound Issues

Ever since the upgrade on my nextbox the sound has been spotty. The volume gets quiet randomly. Sometimes the background noise is there, but the voices stop.
Please fix the sound issues from the upgrade!

I Plan to Stick Around

@dm9 wrote:

Previously recorded shows not grouping

After Rogers updated my NextBox/Pvr  to the new and 'Improved' guide, I've noticed that my previously recoded shows (with the same name) are not grouped into folders as with the previous version.

I have several recored episodes of the some series and they all show up as individual tiles even though they have the same title. Now I have 3 pages of tiles to navigate through.

The previous version used to automatically create a folder when arranging the view by title (ie. alpha sort).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a setting that I'm not aware of that can fix this?

Yes, that's happening with me too.  That is actually something that Rogers has acknowledged and it may be fixed at some point.

www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/nextbox/9087

>Some of my recordings have the same title, yet aren’t grouped together. Why is this?

>All programs recorded as a series from the same channel will be grouped together in theRecorded tile list. Recordings >scheduled separately will appear separately. We’re always working on improving your TV experience, so keep checking >back for more updates.

Basically if you record a series, it will all be grouped together.  But if you set the recording each week, or do a mix of both things will not be grouped properly.

It's annoying for me because starting in the fall I recorded several past seasons of "Person of Interest".  They were airing daily on Space.  And they were repeated 3 times a day.  I think I usually recorded them at 2pm, but occasionally recorded at another time if there was a conflict (or it just didn't record for some reason).  Any of the recordings I made at another time are not grouped together.  So it is a bit a tricky to make sure you are watching things in order.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Recording 

Hi,

Before they upgraded to the NAVIGATR, I was able to schedule recording from the NetBox HD (not PVR), to my DVDR.

I cannot find this option anymore....I only see "set a reminder"

Before I didn't have to watch for that reminder box, the netbox was automatically switching to the channel I had program, now I have to watch for that reminder box and physically select watch now......than it record on my DVDR, like before.

To resume, my problem is the auto switching to the channel I selected.

Any suggestion please.

I'm Here A Lot

This means that the only way the shows will be grouped in a folder is if you record it as a series???

This is crazy.

As you mentioned, many shows are repeated at different times/days.

What difference does it make when I decide to record an episode of a series.

I Plan to Stick Around

Agree entirely with OneCrazyCanuck about the shift between saved and scheduled recording. What used to take one click now takes multiple keyclicks to navigate between the two. I tried to give feedback on the navigatr FAQ website and ran into trouble because of scripts running on the webpage and it wouldn't accept the text entered. Apart from these forums where we can rant, is there a better vehicle to discuss the issues with Navigatr developers. I remember seeing the ads promoting this 'thing" and it showed how a series could be deleted so her husband could go and help with the gardening. An activity I have never performed. (Deleting a series I mean, not the gardening). Would love to find the details of how this was tested. Some glaring useability  issues.