UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@Attila_ wrote:

Heh...and Rogers execs think that only the people who post here have an issue with the new software.

I bet there are hundreds for each of us who simply cancel their accounts.

Going by Rogers' past performance, it will take another year and a half to get to a software version that will be acceptable.

If you can't wait that long, best to make changes when you pick your a la carte channel lineup in the next few months.

(Just a side note to this (since its not Navigatr releated).. a i have been looking at it from a few different forums discussions.
The Skinny package, must be out by the end of this month... with the option of them adding the full rest of pick and pay now if they want.  BUT the carriers do not have to install FULL pick and pay until Dec 😞 )

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ah Navigatr - the gift that goes on giving and giving and ...

Latest bug. Big Bang theory does not show as scheduled on the box. Go to the web interface and look at th sceduled list - nothing except a bunch of "Manual recording" entries that I didn't make. Some fo them appear to relate to series that I had set to record - others end up being shows I've never even heard of. 

Look at the guide in the web ineterface (usually reasonably relaible until the last few days) and Big Bang shows with the series recording red dots marker - huh? And sure enough if I tell it to record it it says "No can do" as it is already sceduled. Look at Elementary in the same spot. No sign of recording marker and not listed in the Sceduled list. Try to select it to record and the the "Do you want to delete/change" dialog comes up.  Look at the guide again and The Blacklist is shown as a sceduled series recording - Huh? I've never watched it let alone scheduled it.

Apparently Roger's infinite wisdom is now extending to telling me what I want to record/watch! Bad enough they inflicted this horrible interface on me but the least they could do is actually make it work reliably! These bugs or a variant of them were widely reported by those of us in the July Alpha group - six months and they can't fix something this simple? If I don't fix my software bugs in 6 days I'm in trouble!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same issue.  The only way I've found to deal with it is to remember when the recording was supposed to start and monitor to make sure it does.  Such is life under Rogers in 2016.  You can't make this stuff up.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@User6089 wrote:

Just got the "update" and while some of it may be fine, the meat and potatos of the system - the PVR - is HORRIFIC.

While the old system was ugly, at least it worked. The "new and improved" UI is so bad, I'm not even sure where to begin but instead of listing all the issues (which have been well documented), I just voted with my wallet and cancelled my service.

Rogers has had months to listen to their customers and fix it but I guess they don't want to. So now I don't want to give them my money every month. I guess were even.

I'm not one to jump out of a frying pan if I might land in a fire.  But a couple of friends have moved to Bell; I'll wait to see if they feel their service is better before deciding to follow.  In the meantime, Bell has aggressively been telemarketing and door-to-door in my area, where they are in the process of installing Fibe.  I think their job just got easier.

I Plan to Stick Around

@DragonsOfWine wrote

@scuddycat wrote:

Well said, @DragonsOfWine.  Sadly, I don't think Rogers is listening.  I'm patiently awaiting my call back from the Office of the President from the feedback I wrote.

Sorry, not sure what you are refering to due to the batching that the Rogers people are doing. 

Could you let me know what this was in reference to? Thanks.

To which I'm responding:

It was in reference to your message that started with: Saw a suggestion somewhere about informing Rogers of our opinions of the new Navigator. Thought I'd share what I sent and hopefully encourage others to voice their option through Rogers' Contact us.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Hobo149

you wrote:  NextBox navigator settings box is empty, no listings shown in setup, just blank page. Any suggestions?

I've got the same problem on my 2 NBs.  I opened a ticket on it.  I suggest you do likewise.  

You might want to ask if they've heard of this problem before and see if they own up to it.  

I remember an earlier update from a couple of years ago when the firmware messed up people's boxes and there was a similar outcry.  A number of people commented that when calling support they all responded with "we haven't heard of that".  We ended up posting our ticket numbers on the forum so we could respond with "well what about this ticket, and this ticket, and this ticket..." etc...providing the ticket numbers.  They couldn't deny it then.  Sad that we had to go to such measures to get Rogers to realize they couldn't plead ignorance.  We may need the same tactic again.  Sigh.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder if its only NB2s which are having the settings issue?

I havent checked on my HD boxes yet.. but on my 9865, i did test the settings and they did work.

(pressing settings, brought up a listing of headings on the left side.. nothing on the right side, until i chose one of the items and hit the select button, then brought up the options)

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a question about conflicting recordings.

My PVR can only record two channels at a time, and occasionally during prime time I wish to record 3 or more programs.  (Happens especially when some programs run from 8:00-9:01 or some other odd time).

Anyways, I have several series set up to record new episodes automatically and every couple of days I'd manage my recordings.  I'd note if any series showed up as conflicts (with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle).  If so, I'd find another time to record one of the shows and resolve the conflict.  This could usually be accomplished by time-shifting a network show or finding a 2nd airing for a cable show.

I just got the Navigatr system, and I'm not seeing any conflict symbols.  Is there a way to see which recordings were pre-programmed but won't be recorded?  I feel like it may be just choosing two programs to record and not really letting me know that there is a third that won't be recorded.

Actually, for that matter, how do you change the priority of your recorded series?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Without going into EACH folder.. no 😞

At least to eliminate the conflicts.. there should be something when you try to do the 3rd recording.. that it will bring up WHAT the other two are.. so you can then at least know what your having to compare to / go and remove/change.

I Plan to Stick Around

@headhoncho wrote:

was just checking my list tonight - went to the bottom of the list of recordings and saw only 2 scheduled recordings for tomorrow night.  I was pretty sure I had more than that scheduled, so I did the filter thing to get to the list of ONLY scheduled recordings, and sure enough, there were 5 listed for tomorrow night, whereas the bottom of the recordings list only showed 2.

so unless I'm missing something, the only way to see an accurate list of scheduled recordings is to  use the filter - the only other way to see what's scheduled would be to click on each tile to check - either way, it's a lot more clicks than the 2 it took a few days ago

================

I concur.  I just checked mine.  In the recorded list I saw 4 programs scheduled to record today.  When I used the filter, there were 15!

That's another one to add to the bug list (or as Rogers probably likes to refer to it:  the feature list).

And a lot more clicks to get that correct information (or the incorrect information for that matter).