UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

No composite output. Now thats going to be a complete pain if you have your systems all wired up and the projector doesn't accept anything but composite or svga. Talk about driving your business to the competition.

One of these would probably work, but, why should you have to go to these measures, and, in some cases below, spend that much money? The gefen converter is $329, ouch. The Startech convert at Newegg.ca is $166

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/gtv-hdmi-2-compsvidsn.jsp?prod_id=11402

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158308&cm_re=hdmi_to_component-_-15-158-308-...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=hdmi+to+...

Or, if you have component inputs on the projector:

EnjoyGadgets HDMI to VGA & Component YPbPr Converter Adapter

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6XD2K50225&cm_re=hdmi_to_component-_-9SIA6XD2K502...

This one is pretty cheap, $39.95, and the specs indicate that it preserves the resolution, input to output:

Video output: VGA / YPbPr (component), same resolution as input, maximum quality retained; Audio outout: R/L analog and S/PDIF;

If you have to buy something, take a careful look at the input and output specs.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@maxthor3 wrote:

Nextbox 3.0 will not play recorded programs through composite connection feeding a projection tv.

Only live shows play but live pause and rewind also stop and freeze in various colors and shapes.

This started after a Feb 1,2016 update.

As @Gdkitty mentioned, this could be fallout from the copy protection implemented in the new Navigatr, crippling your Nextbox composite outputs. Maybe you could try a HDMI-Composite converter.

http://www.amazon.ca/ViewHD-Composite-Video-Converter-VHD-MH2A/dp/B0080KN18K

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I never got a letter informing me about the navigator.  I do not like the navigator.  the old system was much better.  At a glace you could see all the programs that were tapped by name and the date and the lenght of time and the chanel it was taped on.  Now I have to actuall go into the program to check when it was taped - not good it takes to long . Programs to be taped again at a glance you got all the above information now you acually have to access the "picture" go into the picture to see when it will be taped and most of them don't even tell you on what chanel it will be taped one.  The other system was much better.  When i tape 2 or 3 episodes of one show I have no idea which one was taped first, second and theird again I have to check each picture to see which one was taped first .  When I watch only a partial episode of a show there is no indication on the picture when I come back to watch it.  Why in gods name did you change a system that was working perfectly to this unfriendly user system - from reading the e-mails on your post I see that I am not the only one that is unsatisfived with the navigator maybe you should revert back the the original system and keep your clients happy.  Don't forget there will be lots of changes coming up in March and who knows you might loose a lot of clients .  You know what they say CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY - if you don't want to change the the system for everyone why not change it for the clients that want it back to the original 

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

If you go a bit higher in the list but still near the bottom staying in the scheduled recordings, not the completed recordings, you may find those "missing" scheduled recordings. It also may depend on your sort options - alpha vs. chrono. 

If the "missing" scheduled recordings are series recordings, they may be near the top of the list "inside" one of the tiles if one of the series has already recorded.  Inside this tile, scroll up to select scheduled instead of "recorded". For example, I have Daily Planet set to record every day and that tile is near the top of the list since it was recently recorded.  The tile may contain several completed recordings and several scheduled recordings.

yes, that's why I said one would have to go inside each tile to see if there was an upcoming recording, OR change the filter to show scheduled recordings

either way is ludicrous and takes many more clicks than the 2 clicks it took before: list + list

I think when they described to the programmer what they wanted, they said "fewer clicks" but the programmer heard "many MORE clicks" Smiley Very Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are the two tabs on the 'left' main area.
the recorded, and scheduled..  
Recorded obviously should be recorded.  
Scheduled, should be anything which is due up to be recorded in the next week or so..

BUT that still leaves, that if there is still the 'series' recording set.  It will still be there, so it can record any things in the future.

If you move the cursor all the way over to the right hand side, should be an option there to cancel the series recording.

When i was upgraded this am, went through and found a whole bunch of tiles, of series recordings which were set a LONG time ago.. series which no longer air.  Nothing recorded, nothing upcoming scheduled.  Was able to use the option on the right to remove the series recording, and it did remove the whole tile.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got "navigatred"  today. In whose world is this a better system.

I would love to know who is on their panel of experts that dreams up these upgrades.

Not real people I am sure.

I don't find it user friendly in the least.

I liked having the two separate screens for recorded and scheduled show.

Also can't check info while it is on.

Change for changes sake is not a good thing Rogers!!!

I've Been Around

Just got the "update" and while some of it may be fine, the meat and potatos of the system - the PVR - is HORRIFIC.

While the old system was ugly, at least it worked. The "new and improved" UI is so bad, I'm not even sure where to begin but instead of listing all the issues (which have been well documented), I just voted with my wallet and cancelled my service.

Rogers has had months to listen to their customers and fix it but I guess they don't want to. So now I don't want to give them my money every month. I guess were even.

I Plan to Stick Around

@User6089

Good for you. I am sure there will be many others that will be right behind you.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Rayhn5

We do the same thing - I would expect most people do. No sense watching in reverse order.

Unfortunately the programmers apparently don't use a PVR - they only sort items newest first. No way to change them as far as I can tell.

I Plan to Stick Around

Heh...and Rogers execs think that only the people who post here have an issue with the new software.

I bet there are hundreds for each of us who simply cancel their accounts.

Going by Rogers' past performance, it will take another year and a half to get to a software version that will be acceptable.

If you can't wait that long, best to make changes when you pick your a la carte channel lineup in the next few months.