UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

How do you get the system to list and show already recorded shows waiting for viewing from shows set to be recorded on the new Navigator, without having to do secondary step of double click on each individual recording? It only filters out scheduled shows but what about already recorded? and to note it also does not save this setting and now it is an extra step if only scheduled items are what you want to see.

How do you know what you have started to watch without having to do secondary step of clicking on each item for detail? See what series are set, recorded items by date, channel or title?

How do  you know what day the items are scheduled to record without having to do secondary step of clicking on each item?

This new setup for recordings lumps everything together and you have to select each item for any details...

what the episode was about, date,time recorded, channel, partial view, completed, etc

it is like logging in and logging out for each item...time consuming!!!!

This makes recording and selecting already recorded show much more tedious when we are under the impression it was suppose to be FASTER, simpler and more user friendly....to put it bluntly it no way is it even close to faster or simpler

And from your commercial setting a recording is a one touch operation which is so false it is similar to the old guide but yet it has now even has more steps.

You are trying to look like Netflix or the other Internet systems instead of ensuring you are offering a easy and convenient system for all ages and genders. As a senior this system is very poorly organized and leads to frustration as their is too many steps involved where the old list was easy and completely separate from each other

The selection options are scattered all over the screen and not as well designated that this is what you are to be selecting.

There is MAJOR room for improvement and I am seriously disappointed that this has taken since early last summer from your first notice to your customers this was coming into play to actually not going live in Dec for some and Jan for me and to have such obvious issues.

Navigator needed to be BETA tested marketed much better before going live by involving all age demographics...you seem to have step backwards instead of forwards with this new system. Like everything there are growing pains but hopefully changes are coming sooner rather than later to make this much faster, more user friendly and easier to see details 

I'm Here A Lot

The new Navigatr is terrible. I’m a UI designer, I see this happen all the time with my clients. Rogers/Cisco hired a graphic designer to created a user interface, looks pretty but lacks basic and logical functionality. The UI needs a toggle List/Tile mode. The current menu page shows large pointless images with no show info.

Taking away functionality like Multiple-Select is a decision someone should be fired for. The over-reliance on navigating with arrows shows a complete lack of user-interface understanding. There should be a red, green, yellow and blue category up in the top right of the screen. Why, b/c those buttons already exist on the remote, you may as well use that mental map that is already established in your users memory. Each one of these buttons should have multiple button presses. If yellow has 3 subsections, pressing yellow 3 times will advance you through each of the 3 sections. This removes the reliance on arrow keys for navigation.

Rogers-Navigatr.jpgCome on Rogers, the attached image took me all of 15 mins to create. 

I've Been Around

Is there a way to remove pictures and just show titles on the recorded list?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MarkDarren nice work.  Maybe they should hire you !!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@bweaver wrote:

Is there a way to remove pictures and just show titles on the recorded list?

The short answer to that question: No. The long answer: No, and Rogers doesn't give a **** what you want as evidenced by the six months of complaining by those it was rolled out to before the latest part of the population became infected.

See this thread if you don't believe me. 170 pages so far, and then this new thread was started. http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

@headhoncho wrote:

...to see the upcoming recordings I have to click "c" to sort, change a setting, save the setting, then go back to the previous screen.  And then rinse and repeat to go back to  my list of already recorded shows.

After pressing "List", you can see your list of recordings. If you page down to the bottom of the list, you will see your scheduled recordings (recordings that are scheduled for the next 6 days, as well as scheduled recordings that do not air in the next 6 days that may be "left over" from some time ago).  This is usually faster than using the "filter - C" to switch.  Plus if you use the filter to see scheduled recordings, you won't see your scheduled recordings that do not air in the next 6 days (0-Recordings, 0-Scheduled Recordings)...

as it turns out, that's not as good of a solution that I had initially thought.  I was just checking my list tonight - went to the bottom of the list of recordings and saw only 2 scheduled recordings for tomorrow night.  I was pretty sure I had more than that scheduled, so I did the filter thing to get to the list of ONLY scheduled recordings, and sure enough, there were 5 listed for tomorrow night, whereas the bottom of the recordings list only showed 2.

so unless I'm missing something, the only way to see an accurate list of scheduled recordings is to  use the filter - the only other way to see what's scheduled would be to click on each tile to check - either way, it's a lot more clicks than the 2 it took a few days ago

I'm an Advisor

@jays77@  wrote:

OK,  after one day with the new less than easy to use Navigatr my thumb is worn out from all the extra remote clicks needed to access features and tring to figure out how to use them.  i too have encountered many of the complaints listed in the multitude of threads and posts but will (at this time) just mention the ones that are close to being a deal breaker with Rogers.

1.  The font on the guide and more so in some of the features is still almost unreadable for anyone with with less that 20/20 vision.  This is may not be a big issue for some but it is important to older viewers or those with visual disabilities. 

2.  With the NB2 not being able to easily determine if there are scheduled recording conflicts is time consuming and extremely frustrating.  Oh don't forget not being able to see the channel, and time  of scheduled recordings without haviing to click,click,click.....

There are several other issue that I absolutely detest but  "for now" will try to live with,  However, I'm n ot sure how long that will be.  My husband is already  advocating for  moving everything to Bell, but I am hoping for Rogers to make improvements over the coming weeks.

One quick question.  The mini-guide.  When I change channels it flickers into view for about one-tenth of a second.  is there any way to get it to stay long enough to read it?

Re miniguide, just select the channel again and read fast. Repeat till done!

I Plan to Stick Around

New and improved" Rogers guide and PVR software

As a result of the "improvements" I am no longer getting a readable closed captionning.  It's just gibberish!

Another annoyance is that when I select a program which I've recorded on the PVR, I can no longer see when it first aired, merely the date I recorded it.  I think that prior to the "improvements" the original air date was available as part of the description . . . I could be wrong.  I'm just so frustrated with the captionning problem that I'm probably not even thinking straight.  

Bad enough that "On Demand" viewed on my computer fails to deliver closed captionning even though the same program viewed "On Demand" on my TV does give closed captioning (and the PVR recording shows gibberish) . . . 

Hear me Rogers (since I can't hear you) . . .  I'm FRUSTRATED.  

What I had before your "new and improved" was better for me than what I have now.  Please fix - yesterday!

I've Been Here Awhile

Why?
What have they ever done to you to desirve this?

Even the worst ideas will get a few 'likes' or positive comments.
This has received none that I can see in over 68 pages of comments.

I find it very hard to believe someone actuall wrote the code to change the PVR from being able to switch back ond forth from 'Recoreded' to 'To Be Recorderd' with a single push of a button, to a routine that now takes five (yes five).  Updates are suppose to imporove products and make them easier.  This did the oposite.

Why inflict this disastor on more people?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@headhoncho wrote:

as it turns out, that's not as good of a solution that I had initially thought.  I was just checking my list tonight - went to the bottom of the list of recordings and saw only 2 scheduled recordings for tomorrow night.  I was pretty sure I had more than that scheduled, so I did the filter thing to get to the list of ONLY scheduled recordings, and sure enough, there were 5 listed for tomorrow night, whereas the bottom of the recordings list only showed 2.

If you go a bit higher in the list but still near the bottom staying in the scheduled recordings, not the completed recordings, you may find those "missing" scheduled recordings. It also may depend on your sort options - alpha vs. chrono. 

If the "missing" scheduled recordings are series recordings, they may be near the top of the list "inside" one of the tiles if one of the series has already recorded.  Inside this tile, scroll up to select scheduled instead of "recorded". For example, I have Daily Planet set to record every day and that tile is near the top of the list since it was recently recorded.  The tile may contain several completed recordings and several scheduled recordings.