UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

One more dislike...

When scrolling right or left thru the list of Recorded Programs it does not go to the next line.

You have to scroll down but now you are at the other end of the line.

I Plan to Stick Around

"Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers North and East of Toronto (including Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Orangeville, Collingwood, Bolton, and Midland). "

Oh great.  Another flood of angry customers.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

This is not reply to Jel's posting but the only way I can add to this forum.

Thanks to all for sharing your concerns and the suggestions to fix things. Nice to know I'm not alone.

Going to try and stay away from this forum because it is just a reminder of how frustrating it is dealing with Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers North and East of Toronto (including Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Orangeville, Collingwood, Bolton, and Midland). 

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text. 

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

Rogers is still not listening or responding to customer complaints!

I've Been Here Awhile

Recording and Scheduled recordings

The Navigatr was suppose to make things easier but now when I want to flip between scheduled recordings and recordings i have to make changes to a filter and save, than do the same to get back to the previous view. am i missing something or did they add 5 extra steps to something that was a back button and choose what i want.  Who did the Beta test for this thing? 

I Plan to Stick Around

For the 2nd time since Navigatr v2 was installed on my 9865 Nextbox 3 on January 12th, I have had recordings just randomly wiped from the box.

Yesterday I recorded 8 soccer games which were live at same time, thus fully utilizing the PVRs 8 tuners. All 8 games recorded. I had watched and deleted one recording yesterday. This morning I watched another two recordings half way through and then took a break. I came back 3 hours later and when I went to resume watching one of the games I had partially watched earlier, I found that it was no longer shown in my recordings. In addition, 3 of the other games were also gone without me ever having had a chance to watch them. I rebooted the PVR but no difference.

I don't recall ever have this happening with RTN or SARA.

It appears that I can't rely on the Navigatr to retain my recordings and I will have to make more use of my 8642 on SARA to do duplicate recording of the most important events. Of course this is limited to only 2 in any time frame so there will be  many ones that can't be covered.

I believe it is yet another bug in the Navigatr v2 that is causing these deletions.

(Or could it be the box itself?)

I've Been Around

Since the navigator came into effect, I don't see the date,time and channel of my scheduled recordings.  I used to be able to see if I had any conflicts,  before they arose.  Any idea how to see this?  Are they planning on fixing this if not?

I've Been Around

NextBox navigator settings box is empty, no listings shown in setup, just blank page. Any suggestions?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did read elsewhere.. try pressing the MENU, they said they could get to the settings that way. (an extra step, but was able to)

I Plan to Stick Around

I can get to settings from the "Settings" button but there is no settings menu.