UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DragonsOfWine
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@mike017 wrote:

This navigatr is useless without the ability to list recorded programs in order of date instead of program title and no way to view what is programed  to record on a specific future date it makes having a PVR pointless

There were bugs in the previous version that if they still exist this will definitely be true. We would find that deleting a recorded program, especially from the top of the list, would throw off the list. Short of rebooting the box we would revert to a chronological list - the reboot would happen when we decided to go to bed.

I'm hoping because of the obvious re-write this doesn't happen.

But, agree, the removal of features makes it more difficult. Would be better if they added to the old and fixed existing problems rather than starting from scratch and creating new issues.

headhoncho
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

@headhoncho wrote:

...to see the upcoming recordings I have to click "c" to sort, change a setting, save the setting, then go back to the previous screen.  And then rinse and repeat to go back to  my list of already recorded shows.

After pressing "List", you can see your list of recordings. If you page down to the bottom of the list, you will see your scheduled recordings (recordings that are scheduled for the next 6 days, as well as scheduled recordings that do not air in the next 6 days that may be "left over" from some time ago).  This is usually faster than using the "filter - C" to switch.  Plus if you use the filter to see scheduled recordings, you won't see your scheduled recordings that do not air in the next 6 days (0-Recordings, 0-Scheduled Recordings)...

as it turns out, that's not as good of a solution that I had initially thought.  I was just checking my list tonight - went to the bottom of the list of recordings and saw only 2 scheduled recordings for tomorrow night.  I was pretty sure I had more than that scheduled, so I did the filter thing to get to the list of ONLY scheduled recordings, and sure enough, there were 5 listed for tomorrow night, whereas the bottom of the recordings list only showed 2.

so unless I'm missing something, the only way to see an accurate list of scheduled recordings is to  use the filter - the only other way to see what's scheduled would be to click on each tile to check - either way, it's a lot more clicks than the 2 it took a few days ago

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@headhoncho wrote:

as it turns out, that's not as good of a solution that I had initially thought.  I was just checking my list tonight - went to the bottom of the list of recordings and saw only 2 scheduled recordings for tomorrow night.  I was pretty sure I had more than that scheduled, so I did the filter thing to get to the list of ONLY scheduled recordings, and sure enough, there were 5 listed for tomorrow night, whereas the bottom of the recordings list only showed 2.

If you go a bit higher in the list but still near the bottom staying in the scheduled recordings, not the completed recordings, you may find those "missing" scheduled recordings. It also may depend on your sort options - alpha vs. chrono. 

If the "missing" scheduled recordings are series recordings, they may be near the top of the list "inside" one of the tiles if one of the series has already recorded.  Inside this tile, scroll up to select scheduled instead of "recorded". For example, I have Daily Planet set to record every day and that tile is near the top of the list since it was recently recorded.  The tile may contain several completed recordings and several scheduled recordings.

dumbo
I've Been Around

I never got a letter informing me about the navigator.  I do not like the navigator.  the old system was much better.  At a glace you could see all the programs that were tapped by name and the date and the lenght of time and the chanel it was taped on.  Now I have to actuall go into the program to check when it was taped - not good it takes to long . Programs to be taped again at a glance you got all the above information now you acually have to access the "picture" go into the picture to see when it will be taped and most of them don't even tell you on what chanel it will be taped one.  The other system was much better.  When i tape 2 or 3 episodes of one show I have no idea which one was taped first, second and theird again I have to check each picture to see which one was taped first .  When I watch only a partial episode of a show there is no indication on the picture when I come back to watch it.  Why in gods name did you change a system that was working perfectly to this unfriendly user system - from reading the e-mails on your post I see that I am not the only one that is unsatisfived with the navigator maybe you should revert back the the original system and keep your clients happy.  Don't forget there will be lots of changes coming up in March and who knows you might loose a lot of clients .  You know what they say CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY - if you don't want to change the the system for everyone why not change it for the clients that want it back to the original 

headhoncho
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

If you go a bit higher in the list but still near the bottom staying in the scheduled recordings, not the completed recordings, you may find those "missing" scheduled recordings. It also may depend on your sort options - alpha vs. chrono. 

If the "missing" scheduled recordings are series recordings, they may be near the top of the list "inside" one of the tiles if one of the series has already recorded.  Inside this tile, scroll up to select scheduled instead of "recorded". For example, I have Daily Planet set to record every day and that tile is near the top of the list since it was recently recorded.  The tile may contain several completed recordings and several scheduled recordings.

yes, that's why I said one would have to go inside each tile to see if there was an upcoming recording, OR change the filter to show scheduled recordings

either way is ludicrous and takes many more clicks than the 2 clicks it took before: list + list

I think when they described to the programmer what they wanted, they said "fewer clicks" but the programmer heard "many MORE clicks" Smiley Very Happy

denisecanuck
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got "navigatred"  today. In whose world is this a better system.

I would love to know who is on their panel of experts that dreams up these upgrades.

Not real people I am sure.

I don't find it user friendly in the least.

I liked having the two separate screens for recorded and scheduled show.

Also can't check info while it is on.

Change for changes sake is not a good thing Rogers!!!

User6089
I've Been Around

Just got the "update" and while some of it may be fine, the meat and potatos of the system - the PVR - is HORRIFIC.

While the old system was ugly, at least it worked. The "new and improved" UI is so bad, I'm not even sure where to begin but instead of listing all the issues (which have been well documented), I just voted with my wallet and cancelled my service.

Rogers has had months to listen to their customers and fix it but I guess they don't want to. So now I don't want to give them my money every month. I guess were even.

teragram
I Plan to Stick Around

@User6089

Good for you. I am sure there will be many others that will be right behind you.

Attila_
I Plan to Stick Around

Heh...and Rogers execs think that only the people who post here have an issue with the new software.

I bet there are hundreds for each of us who simply cancel their accounts.

Going by Rogers' past performance, it will take another year and a half to get to a software version that will be acceptable.

If you can't wait that long, best to make changes when you pick your a la carte channel lineup in the next few months.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Attila_ wrote:

Heh...and Rogers execs think that only the people who post here have an issue with the new software.

I bet there are hundreds for each of us who simply cancel their accounts.

Going by Rogers' past performance, it will take another year and a half to get to a software version that will be acceptable.

If you can't wait that long, best to make changes when you pick your a la carte channel lineup in the next few months.

(Just a side note to this (since its not Navigatr releated).. a i have been looking at it from a few different forums discussions.
The Skinny package, must be out by the end of this month... with the option of them adding the full rest of pick and pay now if they want.  BUT the carriers do not have to install FULL pick and pay until Dec 😞 )